Gemming Assistance

Hi Hi

Looking for some advice on gemming my gear. Recently been playing the balanacing act of making sure I hit the important caps as mentioned in Levva's Post <a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...=28143.0">*PvE Enhancement Shaman in Wrath FAQ*</a> got a couple of drops in Uld 10 last night that mean I only need 1 hit gem to make the cap (already got icewalker for the extra 12). Got a number of expertise gems on to make I am hitting that cap too.

What I really want to know is am I best investing in just AP gems for the spaces I have left or should I be mixing in AP with Crit/Agi with Crit, I also heard that ArP is becoming more important, and it certainly seems to be appearing on a lot of the Uld stuff that we have seen so far so is that worth the investment.

This is me, <a href="http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e">Lopside</a>, probably easier if you can see the sorts of melee figures I have and such like. Any helpful suggestions about changes to make would be appreciated. Also I know that <a href="http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45675">Power Enhancing Loop</a> is not a normal ring choice due to it having strength but it was replacing a blue I had and had a nice amount of hit so it will tide me over for now.

Re: Gemming Assistance

What I do for gemming is:

First - Make sure spell hit / and expertise are capped
    Second - Make sure the bare minimum blue/yellow gems to fill my meta bonus (1 blue / 1 yellow)
    Third - I fill 32 AP in every other gem as that gives the most bang for buck imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mulgthor

Second - Make sure the bare minimum blue/yellow gems to fill my meta bonus (1 blue / 1 yellow)
    Third - I fill 32 AP in every other gem as that gives the most bang for buck imo.

Personally I would say go for the Bold Scarlet Ruby is the way to go. Unless they changed it Greater Blessing of Kings does not affect AP as it does Str. It would be only a small difference but a difference none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Personally I would say go for the Bold Scarlet Ruby is the way to go. Unless they changed it Greater Blessing of Kings does not affect AP as it does Str. It would be only a small difference but a difference none the less.
    16 str = 16 AP for enhance shaman. 32AP > 16AP

Quote Originally Posted by mulgthor

Is 32 AP > 16 AGI
    I don't know shammy well, but i would assume the AP+crit would be better than just straight AP.
    Don't quote me, i may be totally off.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    Is 32 AP > 16 AGI
    I don't know shammy well, but i would assume the AP+crit would be better than just straight AP.
    Don't quote me, i may be totally off.
    Generally, for PvE, 32AP > 16 Agl. For PvP I'm not so sure; agl gives armor, melee crit, AP and Dodge.

honestly your crit is far to low. you shouldnt start gemming for straight atp till you reach the soft cap for crit. its 30+%. Keeping UR and Flurry up as much as possible will greatly increase your dps. Also more crits=more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf
    16 str = 16 AP for enhance shaman. 32AP > 16AP
    I stand corrected, it has been a while since I was enhancement and to the best of my memory I thought we got 2ap for 1Str like warriors.

<------- is a dumbass sometimes

It used to be 1STR = 2AP from what I remember. They changed it at some point.

Great post from EJ regarding values (with examples).

Sample EP Values

The dynamics of shaman DPS are dynamic enough that we will no longer offer authoritative EP values. All shaman are encouraged to use the simulators to determine their own EP values. However, the following values are offered with the caveat that they are not accurate for every enhancement shaman and should not be used for important gear decisions. They offered only as an example.

The following values assume that a level 80 enhancement shaman is about to enter Naxx:25 and is neither hit nor expertise capped.

AP - 1
    Crit Rating - 1.7
    Hit Rating - 3.1
    Expertise Rating - 2.6
    Haste Rating - 1.3
    Armor Penetration Rating - 0.8
    Spellpower - 0.9
    MH dps - 5.9
    OH dps - 2.5
    Strength - 1.1
    Agility - 1.7
    Intellect - 1.7

[top]Using EP - Examples

First, you must make a decision whether or not to assume that you will have Blessing of Kings. Then, it’s a simple matter of looking at the stats available on each item, multiplying them by their attack power equivalence derived from the simulator, and adding them all up:

Using the sample values listed above, we calculate the value of each stat on the item according the EP weight. Remember that these values are relative to your particular gear at a particular point in time - these are not set in stone values.

[Necklace of Arcane Spheres]
    +29 Agility (29 x 1.7)
    +45 Stamina
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 42 (42 x 1.7)
    Equip: Improves attack power by 86 (86 x 1)
    Total: 206.7 EP

[Necklace of the Chrono-Lord]
    +38 Agility (38 x 1.7)
    +43 Stamina
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 37 (37 x 1.3)
    Equip: Increases attack power by 76 (76 x 1)
    Total: 188.7

Thus for a shaman with the EP weights as described above, the Necklace of Arcane Spheres is considered a superior item to the Necklace of the Chrono-Lord.

Deleted

okej gett spell hitt capeed and expertis capped. first

then i suely gett my crit betiwn 30-35 then stack Ap gems

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002

atleast I now feel a little less like an idiot

Great, thanks for the replies, I was a bit concerned about my Crit and that has confirmed it, going to get that to 30%+ as a priority.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002

Except that you missed the part where those values are WAY WAY WAY out of date. NEVER EVER rely on fixed EP values. Every single time you change a piece of gear your EP values change and for some stats like Expertise, Hit and Haste they can vary wildly depending on what you change. It is imperative if you want to make good choices that you get a personalised set of EP values by running EnhSim. The EP values that give good results for someone in mostly Naxx gear is very different from someone in mostly Ulduar 10 gear and that's very different again from someone in mostly Ulduar 25 gear. The values in the EJ thread are for early mid Naxx and are way out of date really. I'll mention it to Malan as really that ought to be updated.