Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Something to help Ret in PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    so rets cant kill disc priests or resto druids

so what?, im a feral druid and i cant kill disc priests or resto druids either, hell i cant kill shamans nor holy paladins, they all outheal my damage unless i start with 6 chain crits and 2 ooc procs, wich is rather unlikely and still doesnt kill a holy pala

i have one interrupt at a accesable cast time in dps form, so how am i to kill a healer?
    This.

I play a warrior and even with MS it is hard to kill a good disc or resto druid. Just get it in your head that not all adversaries can be bursted down with your IWIN button. Some actually require you to play smart.

On a sidenote paladins are probably the hardest class to balance because unlike other hybrids they have access to a majority of their abilities without any penalty. A warrior loses major damage output if he needs to defend himself, ferals have to shapeshift and lose dps to toss a heal and a spriest cannot heal in shadowform. If paladins were given some 'stances' (similar to righteous fury maybe) then they will get better performance in their role and prevent them from being op in others.
    One good thing about music, when it crits you feel no pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Ret pallys complain about people in high resilience, but they don't realize that playing in PVE gear is more beneficial, and pretty much cancels out that person's resilience. I rarely see any pallys in PVP gear anymore because of how much burst they can throw out. My priest healer has about 900 resilience and has played in several 2300 teams and STILL can get thrown down in a hammer+repentence combo.
    It's posts like this that make me wonder If i'm playing the same game.

I love it when people lie just for the sake of sounding serious.

rets complaining about their own class that is OP already.

Zoialord

Over 400 Resi doesnt matter to a rogue no... if the target isnt dead by the time your stuns are on cd you sprint off vanish, hide for a bit eat/bandage and come back to repeat the process... doesnt matter if your have over 400 Resi or not to do that

As for Ret's being OP yes we are against low resi targets and vindication made that worse. Anyone who knows what resi does will know why it's not good for Ret's to fight high Resi target's, reduced chance to Crit the target + Reduced damage from Crit's.

The most OP classes have tbh always been the same one's (although Disci priests didnt used to be as bad as they are now to kill). Rogues/Resto Druids were always two PvP favorites for Blizz, Warrior's had a small light aswell, but everywhere you looked there was a rogue in Arena gear.

Every time i hear a rogue speak it reminds me of what a blue once said

"If a target has no way to react to your attacks, it's not skill that's letting you win ( and im not just talking about rogues)"

Ret's had they're time of killing within a stun but ofc cause of our defense we arnt allowed to do that.. ofc we can just sprint off, cloak to clear all the debuffs, vanish and then sit and eat and drink while the target is still blinded and unable to do anything... oh wait

tbh, unless you already have 4/5 tier 8.5, you wont be in pve gear. unless you have the top end pve gear, we really cannot burst down any class with more than 700 resi faster than they can, just because other classes have either more cc or 50% healing reducs. ive played many games in 700 resi just to survive the burst of most 2k+ teams (usually teams with MS) in the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets.
    i dont think we need a buff right now, because there are alot of people who dont know how to play or counter us, but one thing i noticed is that its very difficult to kill high armor healers like pallies and druids, even with the majority of our damage is spell damage. possibly a passive armor ignore talent would be nice, but we really dont need that much.
    discs are tough too, and we usually have to get really lucky with fears, stuns and repentences.
    someone said earlier that we could easily kill anything with cloth, leather and even mail, and thats just not true. most classes have easy ways out and can kite a ret. even if we do get to them, they usually have a healer sitting on them. our dps just cannot out damage most half-decent healers. even if we cc the healer, the dps target probably has another way to mitigate the damage or get away.

this isnt a qq post, because i kno i havent given the defensive sides to playing a ret, which there are many. we can get out of almost any stun, we can remove everything but curses and bleeds, we can be immune to slows/snares for 6 sec (QQ! they didnt need to lower it! but anyway ), we can lower melee/hunter damage output (vind), and we have high armor. but i will still never admit to we are OP. especially when DKs are still in the game. dont flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    so rets cant kill disc priests or resto druids

so what?, im a feral druid and i cant kill disc priests or resto druids either, hell i cant kill shamans nor holy paladins, they all outheal my damage unless i start with 6 chain crits and 2 ooc procs, wich is rather unlikely and still doesnt kill a holy pala

i have one interrupt at a accesable cast time in dps form, so how am i to kill a healer?
    This, ffs. You aren't the only class that can't kill a resilience wearing healer. That's why you have a partner in arena. They can aid you in bursting, or help stun/interrupt.

after the nerf ret still have the highest pop in 2220 and above. (2v2, 3v3, and 5v5. all realm combine)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    You know why I dont wear over 400 resil?? Cause it doesnt fucking matter!!!!! Thats kind of the point I was getting at : Id like YOU to go fight a rogue with 700+ resil, you will hit him just as hard and dont give me any shit that you wont. I cant believe how modest your post was, any clothie other than a geared disc priest you can also basically 4 shot. Stop complaining your class is OP as it is.
    Coming from Blizzard's Favorite child.... right....

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Ret pallys complain about people in high resilience, but they don't realize that playing in PVE gear is more beneficial, and pretty much cancels out that person's resilience. I rarely see any pallys in PVP gear anymore because of how much burst they can throw out. My priest healer has about 900 resilience and has played in several 2300 teams and STILL can get thrown down in a hammer+repentence combo.
    Just..... wow, fail on so many levels.

Can paladins wear less Resil-type gear than some other classes? Sure. Can we completely ignore it? No because then we get bursted down.

Also, because its bound to not come up..... Melee Weapon > Cloth, Spells > Plate.

only buff rets need are buffed resto shammies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Coming from Blizzard's Favorite child.... right....

Just..... wow, fail on so many levels.

Can paladins wear less Resil-type gear than some other classes? Sure. Can we completely ignore it? No because then we get bursted down.

Also, because its bound to not come up..... Melee Weapon > Cloth, Spells > Plate.
    Oh please...like the nerf to overkill wasnt enough. If you cant survive 1 opening mutilate kidney mutilate thats extreamly sad, especially in plate. Overkill was the perfect rogue nerf because the double mutilate from the opener is why people bitched. So if thats what your talking about you cant play that card anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by NotOPAtAll
    Shut the fuck up toolshed, you know nothing about Ret Paladins.

Watch, I can post random bullshit propaganda too -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_26qbwyQq0 22,000hp, 1000+ Resil resto shammy owned before he could do anything.

Not only did he get owned before he could do anything but the Rogues had TWO extra Blinds ready for his partner and plenty of interrupts for him just incase he did survive a kidney (Wouldn't happen though, due to a second Kidney as well as Vanish + Garrote)

So I reiterate, shut the fuck up. (OR keep trolling and have your account banned)

EDIT: Also, AFAIK those Rogues ARE in PvP gear. This doesn't really matter if they aren't but just proves even more stupid if they are.
    Mods don't touch the pally forums.