The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Warri vs. Pala Q&A

So i read a little in the warrior/pala q&a´s to find out if it is just what i´m feeling or if warriors are rly bad at tanking atm...
    (Warri: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1)
    (Pala: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...67605251&sid=1)

the warrior q&a feels like "omg we are so weak... can not tank, ... can not pvp/pve very good with arms, ... fury = RIP"

the questions in the pala sound like "hmmm why do we have to wear a dress in t8, ...could you buff ret dmg a little, i feel a little weaker than i did last patch, ...some new cool animations for spells would be nice"
    when i saw this i thougt wow "wtf, it´s not just me, we are rly behind every other class atm..."

now i want to know what you think about warriors atm, tanking specifically

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Re: Warri vs. Pala Q&A

I remember seeing a quote in a signature that said something along the lines of "judging the usefulness of a class based upon the contents of the official forums is like judging the healthiness of a nation based on the contents of a hospital." I find it to be quite relevant here.

Warriors can tank perfectly fine, and arms is better than its ever been in PvE though it's falling behind in PvP. I agree with fury, however; it's pretty much dead.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

When we were doing tests with Ulduar-geared tanks, the DK took less damage than the warrior even if neither tank used any cooldowns. The DK health, armor and avoidance were all higher. Given that the DK cooldowns are superior, this seemed like a problem.
    ^ something i found in the Q&A (it´s a quote from a blue post) and if it´s true it means we are not on par with at least DKs (not even close if i cosidere they also can face-aoe-tank and have a 2.5k-ish dps).

some days ago my healers told me it would be better if our pala tanks the hard hitting bosses, because she is easyer to heal... and she didn´t even use [Sacred Shield] up until now... i have more hp, dodge, parry and block (%) than she has (+1-2% in all of them) don´t know about block value but how can that be??? oO (and no i don´t spam sit macros or stand with my back to the bosses)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Napkin math

30% Dodge+20% Parry+25% Block +30% Block(http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48952)

="Unhittable"

At this point no hit reaches them unmitigated. Everything is dodged parried or blocked, therefore Block value become effective health, only more so because the damage is never actually taken. Its like having extra health that never needs to be healed back up.

Also this. http://www.wowhead.com/?search=Ardent+Defender

Correct me if i'm wrong, as i do not play a pally, but i think that answers the question.

Edit spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy109
    Warriors can tank perfectly fine
    True, and if you're looking for a proof, just take a look at Ciderhelm, he's always maintanking in all his videos (cf. Tankspot)

Just because Warriors can tank currently, doesn't mean that nothing is broken. There are several things with Warriors that could really using fixing, some that are more cosmetic then others (in the sense that while they don't truely hamper us too much, it still feels like a lot due to other classes in comparison).

Some change are coming, it's just a matter of which.

pala QQ is hardly limited to just slight buffs to dmg and better animations --- there are considerable legit concerns