Best potion for boosted elemental shaman dps.

I'm not sure if this has been talked about or not, but I've been trying to figure out, which potion would be a better dps boost in raids.

Potion of Wild Magic - 200 spellpower/crit for 10 seconds.
    or
    Potion of speed - 500 haste rating for 10 seconds.

200 spellpower does seem really nice, since our LB scales pretty well now, but 500 haste isn't so bad either esp during a bloodlust. Need some thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best potion for boosted elemental shaman dps.

im lving my alt as elemental, so dont know everything yet. but if you have a big amount of haste + bloodlust, does your gcd slower then your casttime?

I use speed, having that up with heroism is off the chain.

Generally, haste pots > wild magic because crit is horrible for us.

1 haste is something like 0.95 dps
    1 sp is around 1.1 or 1.2 dps
    1 crit is around 0.4 to 0.45 dps

This is on average and it changes based on your stats, but the trend is accurate. So, haste pots SHOULD provide the most dps increase.

theoretically, haste one should be better, but considering how haste can screw rotations, i much rather use wild magic, since i can continue rotation without immediate rethinking how many more LBs i will squeeze between LvBs and if i will have to use CLs to fit in.

but, during bloodlust, it really sounds like waste to use haste one, since LvB and FlS are already damn close to 1s cast/GCD and gain damn little out of it.

I like to use potion of speed AFTER coming out of Bloodlust/Heroism. For the same reason as the guy above me, the hard deck GCD makes haste a waste in BL/Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    theoretically, haste one should be better, but considering how haste can screw rotations, i much rather use wild magic, since i can continue rotation without immediate rethinking how many more LBs i will squeeze between LvBs and if i will have to use CLs to fit in.

but, during bloodlust, it really sounds like waste to use haste one, since LvB and FlS are already damn close to 1s cast/GCD and gain damn little out of it.
    agree,
    once you hit the perfect haste amount for a almost perfect rotation imo the more SP the better

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz

You do realize that Bloodlust/Heroism actually lowers the GCD below 1 second right (assuming you have enough haste)? As far as I know, it is the only time your GCD will go below the 1 seconds "floor." You can test this out if you like.

Edit for clarification: Bloodlust alone will not put you beneath the GCD floor. There was a change to it so it lowered your GCD 30% (even if you were already at 1 s GCD). So, if you have a GCD of 1.01 s, Heroism will put your GCD at ~0.7 s. If your GCD is 1.0 s normally but you have more haste than that and your 1.5s casts go off in 0.99s I believe you are still limited by the GCD, but it is still lowered to 0.7s for the duration of bloodlust/heroism. I did some testing back during BC to make sure because I didn't believe it either, but I'm doing some more tests now.

:-/ Actually 0.7 s isn't right because of the way the GCD math is calculated, but the point holds true. The GCD is lowered below the "cap" during BL/Hero.

Some Numbers:

Haste
    592 (base):
    CL cast (my GCD) 1.21 s
    LB cast 1.61 s

1092 (with pot, no hero)
    CL cast (my GCD) 1.07 s
    LB cast 1.43 s

592 + Hero
    CL cast (my GCD) 0.931 s ... (possibly 1 s?)
    LB cast 1.24 s

1092 + Hero (includes pot)
    CL cast (my GCD) 0.824 s
    LB cast 1.1 s

So, in short, if you are LB spamming you still can't go below the 1 s GCD anyways unless you have some OBSCENE haste. Even with haste pots and heroism, I'm not below the 1 s GCD. With that being said, I cast CL and chain cast LB off of it. I didn't have "that spell isn't ready" errors. It could just be slight lag on my part or as I've noticed since BC that hero/BL lowers the GCD below 1 s.

More proof is Hodir/Vezax as elemental using Heroism. lol My LB is insanely fast (below 1s and I can chain cast them without any problems).