Poll: How do you think our PvE dps will be now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Ret Mechanics

With the new spell changes, such as SoC doing 36% extra dmg all the time, weaker SoC judgements, 75% crusader strike with a new 4 second cooldown, 1.5 second cast exorcism, and a new Art of War talent change, what do you guys think will happen?

Personally, I think they sort of fucked us over with the exorcism thing (I know the AoW talent will now make that instant cast, be seriously?), and 75% sader strike? wtf?!
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Ret Mechanics

A 75% CS will at least give it a chance to have some Utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    A 75% CS will at least give it a chance to have some Utility.
    you cant have real utility on a 4 second cd. utility implies you're not gonna use it all the time, but its a good effect.

essentially, its still just spam it. if they add the 50% healing/dmg debuff to it, itll be like woo hoo i got a lucky hit off.

also, you're talking dps, which is pve, but seem concerned with socom, which is pvp. pve dps should go up or stay the same. no reason to nerf it.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

The few calculations I've run so far show very similar sustaintained dps for ret with a signicant decrease in burst which is what they needed to do. The hinge is on how often exorcism is instacast though, my calcs only call for it every ~20 seconds because of the current cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    you cant have real utility on a 4 second cd. utility implies you're not gonna use it all the time, but its a good effect.

essentially, its still just spam it. if they add the 50% healing/dmg debuff to it, itll be like woo hoo i got a lucky hit off.

also, you're talking dps, which is pve, but seem concerned with socom, which is pvp. pve dps should go up or stay the same. no reason to nerf it.
    alrite thanks bro, changed it to PvE DPS. And yea, I do agree that rets had a bit of a nuke team advantage if your talking about bursts, but we weren't exactly the best at that either.
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

if SoV becomes the pve seal then we might realise that the glyph WASNT CHANGED!!!

so u can get 10 free expertise so pieces with expertise will be less viable!!

this could be a interesting pve boost

also the AoW will cause Exorcism 2 have increased cd or reduced dmg, maybe in the Sanctity of Battle talent &/or via glyph

btw on CS 2nd efect could be that increased mana cost of spells i hope!!!

I like the changes and hope they won't nerf them as soon as they hit PTRs.
    I'm just curious about exorcism change, imagine: AoW proc, but you have still around 10sec CD on exorcism? Will they make it similar to FoL? I mean 1,5sec cast but also same CD(only GCD), maybe mana cost, whatever to let us just choose between dmg/heal.

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    I like the changes and hope they won't nerf them as soon as they hit PTRs.
    I'm just curious about exorcism change, imagine: AoW proc, but you have still around 10sec CD on exorcism? Will they make it similar to FoL? I mean 1,5sec cast but also same CD(only GCD), maybe mana cost, whatever to let us just choose between dmg/heal.
    You have no risk of it dropping off. All it basically means is that you can still keep using Exorcism as if pre-3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulos01
    Sick of assholes like you, get owned in a bg and cry that ret needs nerf. If blizzard WASNT so incompetant then they would give us some utility but until then Burst was the ONLY thing we had, No Ccs, No interupts,No healing debuffs and now we have Nothing in pvp

And the crusader nerf is fucking bullshit from 143% with the pvp gloves to 75%? wheres the logic in that?
    We don't need this started it in here. Take it to one of the QQ threads.

And the logic is that Exo is now usable in pvp, and seals are being improved in pve.

Sick of assholes like you, get owned in a bg and cry that ret needs nerf. If blizzard WASNT so incompetant then they would give us some utility but until then Burst was the ONLY thing we had, No Ccs, No interupts,No healing debuffs and now we have Nothing in pvp

And the crusader nerf is fucking bullshit from 143% with the pvp gloves to 75%? wheres the logic in that?
    you are a strange one arne't you. but not in the cool way

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

I really can't imagine pvping with our burst gone.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

What makes Ret dps rly interesting next patch:

Firstly CS is on 4sec CD: So maybe getting PVP gloves will be worth it for the extra 5% dmg to CS -

Seal of the Pure is definetly worth specing into now ^^ yey

As for Glyphs - i don't rly think 10 free expertise is THAT great...considering theres plenty of ulduar loot which is nicely loaded on expertise (so far i havent found myself struggling)

Still would go with the Glyphs of:
    Consecrate
    Exorcism
    Judgement

its 110% without any bonuses down to 75% without any bonuses. cs still gets its damage bonus from gloves talents and whatever ethere may be. so dont panic like a sissy girl there...

Blizzard has already made it perfectly clear the game is balanced arund Arena and top tier pve content. The rest of us are tired of retardins crying about bullshit battlegrounds where twinking is the rule and talent means very very little overall. Anywhere skill and burst actually count, ret is too burst heavy. This is the reality Blizzard is concerned with. If you're going to cry about BG, take it somewhere else - we're trying to discuss where these mechanics actually matter here.

And what bout the people who dont like doing pve? we just get fucked over pisses me off how incompetant this company is, taking feedback from a bunch of wussing fuck ups.
    You
    Get
    Exorcism
    Now

It shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Also, its 110% to 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by grymgroeth
    Blizzard has already made it perfectly clear the game is balanced arund Arena and top tier pve content. The rest of us are tired of retardins crying about bullshit battlegrounds where twinking is the rule and talent means very very little overall. Anywhere skill and burst actually count, ret is too burst heavy. This is the reality Blizzard is concerned with. If you're going to cry about BG, take it somewhere else - we're trying to discuss where these mechanics actually matter here.
    like seriously. where do all these people come from

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    like seriously. where do all these people come from
    Elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I really can't imagine pvping with our burst gone.
    No I bet you can't can you?

More buttons to press, ranged nuke on cooldown, more reliable substained dmg. Ever heard of grinding your target down instead of just pressing a button once to make it die?
    Meh

isnt it rather increasing the ret-burst if you reduce the cs-cd to 4 seks? i mean the retburst is like judgement from range 1,5sek gcd crusaderstrike, gcd divine storm gcd maybe meleecrit and then exorcism gcd oh look cs is already back up another cs? the burstchain seems longer now to me.

If they did things properly, ret should be pretty bad in 3.2. Rets really only have hoj and burst- that's it, when it comes to killing people. They have no other tools. If they reduce burst sufficiently, then Rets will suck in PvP for a while.

But then they'll give us the utility we'll need a bit later, so in the long run it's for the best. People act like it's a Retribution Paladin's fault that they use burst to kill people, but it's the only tool we've got. And it's the only tool we'll ever have, if it doesn't go away.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.