Thread: Holy Paladin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Holy Paladin

The buff to beacon was to compensate for the (sadly, needed) Illumination nerf. As now that we have to sacrifice haste rating for mp5 gear, we'll end up over-healing more with our slower casts.

The FoL hot seems entirely weak to me if it's only allowed on the target with sacred shield, maybe if they allow this heal to count towards the beacon healing it could be somewhat usefull.

"Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal over time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds."

Also, does this confuse anybody else? It doesn't seem to specify if it's the proc'd shield or the buff itself, and doesn't indicate if each Flash places a new hot (sounds way too OP to me) or if it gets over-ridden (sounds completely useless then as it won't ever tick and means it's retarded to spam FoL).

If they're going to do this I'd rather see it heal for less but affect anybody you cast it on, not just a target with Sacred Shield
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

fucking heavy nerf for holy paladins. Fucking heavy.

So its MORE FLASH LESS HL.

Which means less healing at all. They nerfed our mana heavy, flash has always been lolspell.

Who flashes? noone.

Changes are like: NERF.

QQQQQQQ fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelana

Also, does this confuse anybody else? It doesn't seem to specify if it's the proc'd shield or the buff itself, and doesn't indicate if each Flash places a new hot (sounds way too OP to me) or if it gets over-ridden (sounds completely useless then as it won't ever tick and means it's retarded to spam FoL).

If they're going to do this I'd rather see it heal for less but affect anybody you cast it on, not just a target with Sacred Shield
    So...you want the old Glyph of FoL back? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Many paladins in the world's best raiding guilds use mp5 and spec into Divine Guardian(*cough, ensidia), especially for certain hard mode fights. Get with the times. kk?
    You're right. We should do everything just like them since we have the same raid comp, same players with the same gear and same skill. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa

Which means less healing at all. They nerfed our mana heavy, flash has always been lolspell.

Who flashes? noone.

QQQQQQQ fuck.
    Being forced to use other spells besides HL doesn't mean a nerf to healing. Good pallies will see a gain in healing with a smaller % of overhealing if the changes go through the way they are stated.

Who flashes? noone.

QQQQQQQ fuck.
    time to start gemming for spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    What did you ever do when we couldn't spam max rank HL all day?
    Learned how to properly play the class. :P
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

So...you want the old Glyph of FoL back? No thank you.
    If the alternative is a 1.5k hot ticking every 3 seconds on 1 target only yes.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    time to start gemming for spellpower.
    Way ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Way ahead of you.
    I'm gonna go ahead and 51/20 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelana
    The buff to beacon was to compensate for the (sadly, needed) Illumination nerf. As now that we have to sacrifice haste rating for mp5 gear, we'll end up over-healing more with our slower casts.

The FoL hot seems entirely weak to me if it's only allowed on the target with sacred shield, maybe if they allow this heal to count towards the beacon healing it could be somewhat usefull.

"Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal over time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds."

My take on it is this: It'll be on whoever has the buff, not the shield. The FoL hot will not stack, but overwrite. So basically, you FoL the tank every 12 seconds, then you heal the raid with Beacon on the tank. It's pretty damn awesome, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    You're right. We should do everything just like them since we have the same raid comp, same players with the same gear and same skill. Good idea.
    You're completely missing my point, and that's fine. Divine Sacrifice is situationally priceless. I'm not saying HL spam is bad, but it was always mindless, and required little skill to play correctly. I'm happy to see them make these changes, even if they had to nerf our mana regen to do it.

Also, anyone who really wishes for the old Glyph of Flash of Light... you're retarded.

Being forced to use other spells besides HL doesn't mean a nerf to healing. Good pallies will see a gain in healing with a smaller % of overhealing if the changes go through the way they are stated.
    Its nerf to healing you can do in a time. We are nerfed, do try to look inteligent please. Flash will still suck, small hot on tank is shit. nothing. boss hit tank for 40k. Paladin hot ticks for 500. See the problem?

Resolution is cast HL for 20k. Oh wait, the nerfed our mana, so we cant do this as good as before. NERF. Iam angry and drunk, if i do something witjh poliy, just ban me.

Its nerf to healing you can do in a time. We are nerfed, do try to look inteligent please. Flash will still suck, small hot on tank is shit. nothing. boss hit tank for 40k. Paladin hot ticks for 500. See the problem?

Resolution is cast HL for 20k. Oh wait, the nerfed our mana, so we cant do this as good as before. NERF. Iam angry and drunk, if i do something witjh poliy, just ban me.
    Like I said, GOOD PALLIES will see an increase in their healing.
    Start using SP again.
    HL will still be the heal of choice for recovering from big hits. You just need mp5 now.
    Considering that BoL takes overhealing into account...I think we are absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    My take on it is this: It'll be on whoever has the buff, not the shield. The FoL hot will not stack, but overwrite. So basically, you FoL the tank every 12 seconds, then you heal the raid with Beacon on the tank. It's pretty damn awesome, imo.

You're completely missing my point, and that's fine. Divine Sacrifice is situationally priceless. I'm not saying HL spam is bad, but it was always mindless, and required little skill to play correctly. I'm happy to see them make these changes, even if they had to nerf our mana regen to do it.

Also, anyone who really wishes for the old Glyph of Flash of Light... you're retarded.
    Exactly, it's not like they are taking HL out of the game or anything, they are just making it so you can't spam it for 5 mins straight.

Garbage changes and obnoxious nerfs. Anyone who calls these 'buffs' has something wrong with their brain. HL Glyph range is 8 yards. If that was "enough", then chain heal wouldn't currently suck rocks. Being able to beacon the tank and heal effectively off it is something you should already be capable of doing. It does not 'buff' my class nor make it more inuitive to make my HL spam overheal proc beacon. It actually makes it stupider.

The two sets of buffs directly contradict each other as well. There's nothing in the patch notes about SS being allowed to hit multiple people, so as such, you'll want to beacon the tank, but also SS him and FoL him .... Meaning you're wasting beacon time using it. Great? The FoL HoT is mostly a bone thrown to pvp, but paladins being this heavily nerfed while druids get buffed again is going to increasingly squeeze us out of arenas.

These are terrible changes. Do not play spin games with me. No longer having reliable mana, getting worse gains off crit/int while the better healing classes barely worry about mana and being able to use crappy HL glyph to raid heal makes us worse tank healers, still not good enough raid healers and still using the same damn spells because the developers refuse to give paladins new healing spells and have for four years. I doubt they will remain as is because a class that is already suffering at the high end will simply go extinct after this.

Again, don't play spin games with me. These changes give us all the effectiveness of shamans. FoL HOT = riptide, HL glyph splash = chain heal, illumination=ws, shamans = garbage right now, do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    Garbage changes and obnoxious nerfs. Anyone who calls these 'buffs' has something wrong with their brain. HL Glyph range is 8 yards. If that was "enough", then chain heal wouldn't currently suck rocks. Being able to beacon the tank and heal effectively off it is something you should already be capable of doing. It does not 'buff' my class nor make it more inuitive to make my HL spam overheal proc beacon. It actually makes it stupider.

The two sets of buffs directly contradict each other as well. There's nothing in the patch notes about SS being allowed to hit multiple people, so as such, you'll want to beacon the tank, but also SS him and FoL him .... Meaning you're wasting beacon time using it. Great? The FoL HoT is mostly a bone thrown to pvp, but paladins being this heavily nerfed while druids get buffed again is going to increasingly squeeze us out of arenas.

These are terrible changes. Do not play spin games with me. No longer having reliable mana, getting worse gains off crit/int while the better healing classes barely worry about mana and being able to use crappy HL glyph to raid heal makes us worse tank healers, still not good enough raid healers and still using the same damn spells because the developers refuse to give paladins new healing spells and have for four years. I doubt they will remain as is because a class that is already suffering at the high end will simply go extinct after this.

Again, don't play spin games with me. These changes give us all the effectiveness of shamans. FoL HOT = riptide, HL glyph splash = chain heal, illumination=ws, shamans = garbage right now, do the math.

If you choose to look at these changes and see them as terrible, go ahead.
    We're getting more utility AND we have to pay attention to our mana. What a novel idea.

1. Does the Hot get over written by a new one when 2x FoL are cast?

2. I still don't see how paladins can heal on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlusdavius
    1. Does the Hot get over written by a new one when 2x FoL are cast?

2. I still don't see how paladins can heal on the move.
    Holy shock + infusion has always been enough for me.

If you choose to look at these changes and see them as terrible, go ahead.
    We're getting more utility AND we have to pay attention to our mana. What a novel idea.
    Personally, I think the HoT will be better than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Personally, I think the HoT will be better than people think.
    Agreed.
    Given I'm still int gemmed and my FoL crits are over 5k...right now we're looking at around 1250 per tick on the hot, assuming a tick every 3 seconds.
    A lot of those int gems will be SP gems after the patch. That tick isn't amazing, but it's far from terrible.