Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: LOL @ the people that said spellsteal is fine the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    fixt.
    Aren't you already crying about spellsteal? Your precious HoF and cleanse macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis

This is so laughable to me. OMG 6% base mana on a melee swinging class! Say it ain't so!

Considering spellsteal is 20% of base mana on a class that can't do shit without mana, its hilarious you all would pretend that is so bad. Only Rets :

Its also funny how you just assumed the Mage was able to spellsteal freedom then blow CS just to get off 1 shatter combo which won't even get you to half life if you're half geared, and then allow you to heal yourself back to full because the Mage was stupid enough to blow their CS just to get the shatter off. You might also want to talk about half decent pally's that hof out of stuns.

Lets just say in the current game there are a hell of a lot more Rets facerolling over Mages than vice versa. Only in prearranged play and duels do Mages have it easier mainly due to sheep and prearranged support.
    you dont need to spellsteal freedom jesus. its 10/24. thats not even HALF the time.

turns out 6% base mana is a lot more of a % of our total pool than 20% base mana for you.

this one time i went oom and a disc priest kept mana burning me. turns out i only have 17 mp5, judges dont give mana through shields, and my one activatible is dispellable. also turns out i cant do jack without mana. who wouldve thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loklar
    Aren't you already crying about spellsteal? Your precious HoF and cleanse macro?
    no. because atm its based on the same concept as the rest of the game. rng.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

you dont need to spellsteal freedom jesus. its 10/24. thats not even HALF the time.

turns out 6% base mana is a lot more of a % of our total pool than 20% base mana for you.

this one time i went oom and a disc priest kept mana burning me. turns out i only have 17 mp5, judges dont give mana through shields, and my one activatible is dispellable. also turns out i cant do jack without mana. who wouldve thought.no. because atm its based on the same concept as the rest of the game. rng.
    What does your keyboard taste like?

What does your keyboard taste like?
    like cookies.

also, for people who cant tell what his post actually says "i cant argue effectively and must defer to insults"

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

I think its very funny how you are pretending to QQ over WC dummy buffs when it takes 5 casts to stack it on, and only if its fully talented, and is easier to get through than Pally buffs for HoF.

And yeah i would definitely take that deal because at least RNG wouldn't make or break me whenever i run into a facerolling Ret that is just chasing me trying to get off his 3 buttons. Its unbelievable how resistant most of you are to anything more than those 3 buttons :P
    A mage talking about buttons to push ? oO are you making a joke ? what is you dps cycle frost bolt ice lance ? that makes 2 at leats we use 4 ...5 when target below 20% try harder next time

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Q: Are there any plans to reevaluate the mana cost and functionality of this spell?

A: We think the core of the problem is that a spell that was designed to let you steal cool buffs from an enemy has sort of fallen into the niche of a general dispel. Rather than make it cheaper, we’d be more likely to let it actually only steal spells that would benefit the mage. This would be a buff in some cases and a nerf in others though, so it’s not a quick and dirty change. We have considered a glyph to let Spell Steal take two buffs at a time.

thank god, I dont need righteous fury, or mark of the wild, I need freedom, and i need innervate.

Wait.....did you just say you didn't need mark of the wild.................................... /facepalm

Seriously I think spellsteal is fine its fun to see it available and be able to steal stuff from others. There was that one time I stole the spell from UP and next thing I know I'm a wolf LOL, but noone ever said there wasn't a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    If it would always steal that painsupression/bop/freedom/wings/whatever it would obviously be OP, the current version is fine, if they make it target certain types of buffs they better make it cost 3k mana a pop or something..
    It wouldn't be overpowered.

Having to spam a very expensive spell 5-10 times to actually steal the buff you're trying to steal (ie freedom to stop the Pally beating on you) is extremely underpowered. I've wasted time in the past trying to steal Ice Barrier from a Frost Mage which has utterly been entirely pointless because while I'm trying to steal his defence he's nuking me. Meanwhile I've used so much mana trying to get it that I don't actually have any mana to finish him off with, so I might as well have just nuked through the shield.

Attempting to steal a buff at the moment is far too costly both in terms of mana. A mage can easily burn through 3-5k mana and an even larger number of global cooldowns to get the buff that's actually going to save their ass.

And targetting certain types of buffs isn't such a bad idea. We wouldn't be able to steal Blessing of Might from you for example. Anything with AP or Strength, or regarding specific Paladin abilities would be un-stealable from what GC was saying. Where as now we can choose to strip you of everything if we like. It has it's pros and cons. You get to keep the abilities we can't use, but we get to take the abilities we can more promptly.

This is so laughable to me. OMG 6% base mana on a melee swinging class! Say it ain't so!

Considering spellsteal is 20% of base mana on a class that can't do shit without mana, its hilarious you all would pretend that is so bad. Only Rets :

Right, because paladins don't need mana either! We're like warriors and rogues and deathknights, with their infinite resource system! We don't have to do damage to regain mana, and our active regen tool isn't dispellable at all in any way! :

There really is little point in arguing with you, because you really only see one side of an issue: Whichever side that allows you to bash ret paladins. So, yeah. You are a troll, and any points you may make are completely overshadowed by your incredible bias against one class. This isn't just based off of this thread, but nearly every post I've seen you make on these boards. Your facts are frequently incorrect, and you make broad assumptions not backed up by anything other your own authority. Do you even play a mage? I see you jump on the ret bashing bandwagon no matter what the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture

Having to spam a very expensive spell 5-10 times to actually steal the buff you're trying to steal (ie freedom to stop the Pally beating on you) is extremely underpowered. I've wasted time in the past trying to steal Ice Barrier from a Frost Mage which has utterly been entirely pointless because while I'm trying to steal his defence he's nuking me. Meanwhile I've used so much mana trying to get it that I don't actually have any mana to finish him off with, so I might as well have just nuked through the shield.

Attempting to steal a buff at the moment is far too costly both in terms of mana. A mage can easily burn through 3-5k mana and an even larger number of global cooldowns to get the buff that's actually going to save their ass.

And targetting certain types of buffs isn't such a bad idea. We wouldn't be able to steal Blessing of Might from you for example. Anything with AP or Strength, or regarding specific Paladin abilities would be un-stealable from what GC was saying. Where as now we can choose to strip you of everything if we like. It has it's pros and cons. You get to keep the abilities we can't use, but we get to take the abilities we can more promptly.
    half the time i am fully dispelled before i hit anything. k?
    there are no pros or cons. its just "here take the best buff plz"

half the time i am fully dispelled before i hit anything. k?
    there are no pros or cons. its just "here take the best buff plz"
    I think someone is hungry for some cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson

Right, because paladins don't need mana either! We're like warriors and rogues and deathknights, with their infinite resource system! We don't have to do damage to regain mana, and our active regen tool isn't dispellable at all in any way! :

There really is little point in arguing with you, because you really only see one side of an issue: Whichever side that allows you to bash ret paladins. So, yeah. You are a troll, and any points you may make are completely overshadowed by your incredible bias against one class. This isn't just based off of this thread, but nearly every post I've seen you make on these boards. Your facts are frequently incorrect, and you make broad assumptions not backed up by anything other your own authority. Do you even play a mage? I see you jump on the ret bashing bandwagon no matter what the issue.
    wanna be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture

Now with danger of sounding like a prick : If you're letting the paladin close enough _before_ he pops freedom (paladin beating on you), you're doing it wrong. The current mechanic is too RNG admitadly, but it works both ways, I don't enjoy losing my freedom on the 1st steal, or my wings. And I definatly won't enjoy it when it happens every time, especially if it only cost the mage 600 or so mana to do it.

What I see people asking for is(and GC implying), is being able to steal a freedom/presence of mind/arcane power/wings/painsuppression/innervate from the first steal every time, for a very small penalty (mages really don't have the pvp mana issues they used to).

If it's changed to what I wrote above it will be OP UNLESS It gets a cooldown, and a big hike in mana cost.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Mages can take nearly any magic buff in the game from other players, and this should come at a cost. Potent abilities are and should continue to carry the consequence of being expensive, less you homogenize classes by making them afraid to buff.

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    Now with danger of sounding like a prick : If you're letting the paladin close enough _before_ he pops freedom (paladin beating on you), you're doing it wrong. The current mechanic is too RNG admitadly, but it works both ways, I don't enjoy losing my freedom on the 1st steal, or my wings. And I definatly won't enjoy it when it happens every time, especially if it only cost the mage 600 or so mana to do it.

What I see people asking for is(and GC implying), is being able to steal a freedom/presence of mind/arcane power/wings/painsuppression/innervate from the first steal every time, for a very small penalty (mages really don't have the pvp mana issues they used to).

If it's changed to what I wrote above it will be OP UNLESS It gets a cooldown, and a big hike in mana cost.

cd based on what it stole. steal wings? 3 min cd.

cd based on what it stole. steal wings? 3 min cd.
    That'd be better.

That'd be better.
    chances are i'd pop a cooldowns with a slightly more useless cooldown and watch you get screwed anyways. freedom +salv? you got a free salv! grats.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson

How come you don't ever come in to correct me then? Like if i'm always so wrong in the plethora of topics i post on this forum, and you have all of the answers to them, why don't i ever see your name responding. I have no clue who you even are.

I'll tell you why because you can't. You're as ignorant and guilty of what you're accusing me of ten fold. I know how other classes work more than you probably do. But the reason why everyone(obviously not just me) have been bashing Rets for a long time now since Wotlk started is because you've been the exception to every class currently designed into the game. You don't have buildup for burst, you are able to gib a class faster than any other currently in the game, and the ease of which you deliver it is faceroll game play. Thats why everyone tells you all you do is press 3 buttons and hope they crit. So argue that...bet you can't considering blue stated as much, and most of the player base agrees. When everyone but you tells you something are you so ignorant to think you're still right and everyone else is wrong? Its easy to pretend you have all of these counters to everything i say but never speak up and attempt to argue them. All you are is another fotm Ret that can't see outside of the facerolling Ret box, and pretend everyone is out to get you for no reason. Its like the retard Rets that talk about "why are you trying to ruin my fun"...as if the world revolves around you and only you, and not realizing you are ruining way more classes fun than they are you.

Trust me, i welcome any legit counterpoint if you can give one. Problem is you can't, and never have, and probably never will be able to. Stop talking out of your ass :

How come you don't ever come in to correct me then? Like if i'm always so wrong in the plethora of topics i post on this forum, and you have all of the answers to them, why don't i ever see your name responding. I have no clue who you even are.

I'll tell you why because you can't. You're as ignorant and guilty of what you're accusing me of ten fold. I know how other classes work more than you probably do. But the reason why everyone(obviously not just me) have been bashing Rets for a long time now since Wotlk started is because you've been the exception to every class currently designed into the game. You don't have buildup for burst, you are able to gib a class faster than any other currently in the game, and the ease of which you deliver it is faceroll game play. Thats why everyone tells you all you do is press 3 buttons and hope they crit. So argue that...bet you can't considering blue stated as much, and most of the player base agrees. When everyone but you tells you something are you so ignorant to think you're still right and everyone else is wrong? Its easy to pretend you have all of these counters to everything i say but never speak up and attempt to argue them. All you are is another fotm Ret that can't see outside of the facerolling Ret box, and pretend everyone is out to get you for no reason. Its like the retard Rets that talk about "why are you trying to ruin my fun"...as if the world revolves around you and only you, and not realizing you are ruining way more classes fun than they are you.

Trust me, i welcome any legit counterpoint if you can give one. Problem is you can't, and never have, and probably never will be able to. Stop talking out of your ass :
    Haha, thanks for proving my point for me with your raging wall of text. Still waiting as to what class you play primarily(guessing it's not a paladin).

because you're obstinant. also, you ignored my logical argument entirely, which means you're one of those "i have to always be right" kind of people.

explain how two abilities having the exact same effect, but in opposite, shouldn't have the same change.

Yeah of course you know ret mechanics that s why you say they don t need mana
    /facepalm