Poll: Is the 20 min time limit a good idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WSG time limit, good or bad?

For me it's a good thing, I ended up never playing wsg because it could take forever and then I'd be stuck in it unless I wanted deserter... Now I'm gonna play it as well.

But for the people who currently play wsg... well most of them enjoy the fact that it's a long bg.

It's hopefully going to make people want to win instead of fooling around in mid-field, at least.

Any game of WSG that lasted more than 30 min sucked. Ergo, a timelimit of 30min or less is good.

It will make WSG a terrible BG. First team to cap a flag will turtle in their base til the 20 minute timer is up and win.

Good.
    I'm sick of being up 2-0 after 5/10 minutes and having the other team turtle for a half hour before we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by lapetes
    "I'm bad listen to me yell!"

Definitely a good idea. WSG is the only BG that can last indefinitely (except for an AV where all 80 players do nothing I suppose) and it can be extremely aggravating, especially if your just there for marks/daily. Even if you lose, at least you know you aren't going to have to wait an hour to find out.

I do WSG for the rep/honor/marks, not for the HKs. Therefore, I am not a fan of 1 hour WSG games and I would love to see a timelimit added to WSG.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    As a fan of old school AV, it kills me to see they want to make a time limit on wsg, am I the only one?
    How do you compare.

I will agree with WSG being for rep/honor/marks, as that's what i do it for. The timelimit actually makes me want to go back in and give it another try. I only do it if it's the daily. And this argument can go both ways. Looking at some comments, having the first person cap and then they turtle their base is a good strategy. But atleast it ends and someone wins, i hate ties. Might disappoint lvl 19 twinks though, seeing WSG is their only,true, home.

I remember back before we had cross-server battlegroups, playing in AV, logging out, logging in the next day and joining the next AV.

WSG needed a timer, simply because it is the only battleground that can go on forever and the only way to get out of it is to AFK.

If you want to stay in WSG all day, just keep joining up. It isn't like it is hard now that you can join BGs from anywhere in the game.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Good.

Had enough of these teams with exmillion in defence just to prolong games.

disagree!

all people will do is capture the flag once and all 10 of them will defend the flag room

I'm trying to farm exalted WSG and AB with my wotlk char and it's hard enough as it is imo.
    Since you only get WSG rep from flag caps, I'm afraid that those cap-1 and turtle games will mean that it'll take even longer to farm rep since most people are just happy when they get their 3 marks for zerging midfield. :-/

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

thing im worried about is it says in the patch notes ''Team with the most flag captures wins'' Which makes it sounds likes you are now able to capture as much flags as u can in the given time. is this true?

No, it means if you're 1-0 up at the end of the timer, you win, same as being 2-0 up or 2-1 up. Anyone who gets to 3 caps wins right away.

Also, I think this is an awesome idea. WSG is the BG I dread entering because it can possibly last far too long.

Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

Suggestion for WSG resource system - need US player to post on US forums please.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=67134.0

Thanks

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

WSG is the only BG i que that needed a time limit. ITs stupid how long some games regularly go when the flag carrier has healers and he's a DK or prot warrior.

Its worse when premades decide to farms pug's and stall games for an hour also forcing you to /afk out.

Premade vs premades play barely exists to even be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    As a fan of old school AV, it kills me to see they want to make a time limit on wsg, am I the only one?
    You're not.

First team caps the flag, then goes turtling in the flagroom until the timer runs out.

/bored.

3.2 WSG == who ever takes the first flag wins.

I mean - if you are leading 1/0 after the first 5-10 minutes, what is your strategy going to be.

All men around your flag, no questions asked.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf
    3.2 WSG == who ever takes the first flag wins.

I mean - if you are leading 1/0 after the first 5-10 minutes, what is your strategy going to be.

All men around your flag, no questions asked.
    Indeed. Make it 30min or something and I'm more happy.

I'll am minority but I am doing BGs for fun not for honor so I personally liked 2-4 hour AV's... and 2 hour WSG.. and so on I really hate fast BG's but well most ppl does them for honor not fun.