Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will resilience changes in patch 3.2 affect rage generation?

Since resilience will now lower overall damage in white hits, special attacks and also will reduce critical hits + damage) how will this affect rage? Since the TG nerf showed just how badly rage generation was affected by lower damage, I feel that the new resilience mechanics may unfairly tax warriors more than any other class. Does anyone have any information about this?

Re: Will resilience changes in patch 3.2 affect rage generation?

bitching about taking less damage... neat.. why not jsut wear full pve gear if you want to die faster?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    bitching about taking less damage... neat.. why not jsut wear full pve gear if you want to die faster?
    did you even read what he posted or are you just trolling every topic you can find?

hm i´m afraid that it´ll lower our rage gen

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    did you even read what he posted or are you just trolling every topic you can find?

hm i´m afraid that it´ll lower our rage gen
    everyone has to deal with less damage done, so yes you're gonna have to suffer through less rage. sorry.

kill the rogue, he's squishy

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    everyone has to deal with less damage done, so yes you're gonna have to suffer through less rage. sorry.

kill the rogue, he's squishy
    If what you say is true, then its an unfair resource tax to warriors. We would be the only class that would have their resource (rage) to do damage nerfed as a result. No other class would suffer say less mana regen, slower energy regen etc. This seems bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cethern
    If what you say is true, then its an unfair resource tax to warriors. We would be the only class that would have their resource (rage) to do damage nerfed as a result. No other class would suffer say less mana regen, slower energy regen etc. This seems bad.
    i really dont hear the mages qq'ing about going oom faster because their spells do less damage.

Thing is, a warrior would suffer twice as much from this. Would have to spend more rage to kill the target and at the same time they will gain less rage. :

note: warriors gain rage from incoming and outgoing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    Thing is, a warrior would suffer twice as much from this. Would have to spend more rage to kill the target and at the same time they will gain less rage. :

note: warriors gain rage from incoming and outgoing damage.
    my suggestion would be to normalize rage. but that will never happen. sorry.

They're technically right.

Rage will take several hits.

Incoming damage reduced = less rage from being hit
    Outgoing damage reduced = less rage from attacking + more rage spent to do the same damage

No other resources are directly related to damage like Rage is.

However, since it's only ~11% reduction at 900 RES, I seriously doubt you're going to see much of an effect until +2200 rating arena. And in that case, Rage is not what makes you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenis
    They're technically right.

Rage will take several hits.

Incoming damage reduced = less rage from being hit
    Outgoing damage reduced = less rage from attacking + more rage spent to do the same damage

No other resources are directly related to damage like Rage is.

However, since it's only ~11% reduction at 900 RES, I seriously doubt you're going to see much of an effect until +2200 rating arena. And in that case, Rage is not what makes you win.
    It is possible to get 900 resilience at 0 rating. Sorry, you're wrong. It will affect all PvP, all arena ratings and brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidon
    It is possible to get 900 resilience at 0 rating. Sorry, you're wrong. It will affect all PvP, all arena ratings and brackets.
    thats not what he meant.

I'm not sure I follow you. I'm wrong because it's "possible" to get 900 RES at 0 rating?

I said:
    I seriously doubt you're going to see much of an effect until +2200 rating arena.
    Not, "It won't affect anything at all period until 2200 and up."

Don't be a douche. I'm saying that people in the lower rating arenas aren't dying/killing because of how much rage they have. They are dying/killing because one of them has crap RES and/or skill.

The only time Rage will matter point for point is in high-stakes, high-PR matches where people don't get blown up 30s into the fight. But you won't hear those guys QQing about it, because they rely on their skill/partner wayyyyy more than tiny things like 2 or 3 extra attacks per match.

Anyone else sick of Mysmere trolling every fucking class forum on this website? Seriously dude, don't you have anything better to do? And what class do you actually play or are you just a universal troll.
    One good thing about music, when it crits you feel no pain.

Thats what paladins are like. I prefered it when they were all being emo in their class forum talking about how the world hates them and coming up with conspiracy theories. :

+ I'm pretty sure it will affect rage generation but I doubt Blizz cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadtard
    Anyone else sick of Mysmere trolling every fucking class forum on this website? Seriously dude, don't you have anything better to do? And what class do you actually play or are you just a universal troll.

White damage generates enough rage, especially with endless regeneration and charges. If you are being focused the rage bar will be at 100 anyways, and otherwise it is generally retarded to attack a warrior unless you plan to burst them down. The changes to resiliance will only make it even more retarded to attack the warrior provided they have enough resiliance.

If anything there should be more focus on allowing rage regeneration hitting absorb shields, although disc priests are already easy enough to kill. Or beefing bloodrage up a little bit so that we can actually do useful things instead of white swinging the first few seconds of a match.

more afraid of Druids in bear form and DK in frost precens will be unkillable for meele.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoRedFerret
    White damage generates enough rage, especially with endless regeneration and charges
    Umh do you mean endless rage or enraged regeneration?
    You guys who say you have enough with rage in arena i dont understand how. i always have to low i have never ever enough rage to do skill after skill i need to w8 pretty often for next white hit and under that while they often get up there health already. so if this is going to take away like 10% off our rage so will this not work at all for me :S

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadtard
    This.

And from my experience rage rarely matters in PvP. Warriors at high rating always tend to have a full rage bar whenever they enter melee. To make rage a problem, forcing them to decide what ability to use would be sweet tho.
    The Korgar
    Dentarg

-Fair enough. Give each of them a tank.
    -Even the mentally handicapped?
    -Especially the mentally handicapped.

-Herr General Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Sinders are you fucking retarded? How can you cry about rogues mobilty? you a pala is by far 1 of the best classes to nulify their mobility. JoJ, Dispells, Stuns, Freedom... come on man l2p.

If anything rogue needs a 50% passive survivabilty increase buff, vanish 2 sec immunity, cos 100% and shs as 11 talenter for sub.
    HELL YEAH THEY DO!!1

yay, those 3.2 changes are going to overhaul this game in so many ways, im totally excited to see hot itll work out!