Thread: 2v2 rating 3.2

2v2 rating 3.2

i can agree with blizzard that they think 2v2 is to hard to balance, and this imbalance is causing alot of QQ
    and when people QQed enough blizzard will change it.. now, after all the whining about how imbalanced one class is vs the other because they have a counterclass and the other class has less, blizzard has done the inevitable... remove 2v2 completely

although i find it hard to believe that 3v3 is any better, cleave and rmp teams :)
    but thats not the point.

the point is, what i think they did is stupid, and i might find a better solution then what they have come up with so far
    now, 2v2 rating not getting any new season gear is just stupid on their side, since more then half the pvp community plays 2v2
    wether theyr casual or hardcore PvPers, 2v2 will always be on your to do list.

but instead of making 2v2 useless, why not just make it less attractive?
    instead of not giving any new season gear, why not us the new season gear, but reduced stats compared to 3s and 5s

like, this
    2v2 helm, green (example for another color then 3s and 5s)
    103stam
    80str
    50resi
    20crit

3v3 helm, blue
    120stam
    90str
    58resi
    25crit

5v5 helm, white
    130stam
    95str
    62resi
    30crit

or a bigger difference, whatever floats your boat, as long as you know what i mean

all im wondering if this idea could work, it seems pretty solid, atleast better then whats going on now
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Re: 2v2 rating 3.2

No, they shouldn't do this.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

rrr why not just make it take higher rating in 2's than other brackets to get shit.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    rrr why not just make it take higher rating in 2's than other brackets to get shit.
    Indeed, like:

Shoulders in 3v3&5v5: 2050
    Shoulders in 2v2: 2200

Or something like that.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

instead of just telling me its not a good idea, atleast give me a reason why

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    instead of just telling me its not a good idea, atleast give me a reason why
    There is nothing functionally different between this idea of degrading the gear you can buy with 2v2 rating, and limiting the purchase of pvp gear to last season's models. That's what season x+1 pvp gear is-- the same, except better stats.

On the surface, I'd think having merely higher 2v2 requirements would be better than this rather heavy-fisted approach... but evidently blizzard is playing hardball in breaking up the supremacy of 2v2 and getting people into 3s and 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    There is nothing functionally different between this idea of degrading the gear you can buy with 2v2 rating, and limiting the purchase of pvp gear to last season's models. That's what season x+1 pvp gear is-- the same, except better stats.

On the surface, I'd think having merely higher 2v2 requirements would be better than this rather heavy-fisted approach... but evidently blizzard is playing hardball in breaking up the supremacy of 2v2 and getting people into 3s and 5s.
    thats true, but they would still be an upgrade from the current season set,
    and i would still like to wear up to date gear, and not old season stuff

now IF... IF... theyr gna change the 2v2 system like this, then this would still be better then wearing s6 for multiple seasons

This is the only acceptable idea (even though they'd never do that cause that means the imba 2v2 combo's don't get punished while everyone else does)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Why is everyone acting as though they are completely taking 2v2 out of the game. You can still earn points in 2v2 and you can still buy gear from the previous seasons using your PR from 2v2, you just cant get the top tier of gear. So for example, right now you would still be able to buy full deadly gear with just a 2v2 team rating but blizz is trying to get people out of the 2v2 bracket because it's too hard to balance and the only way to do that is to move the latest and greatest gear elsewhere.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Why is everyone acting as though they are completely taking 2v2 out of the game. You can still earn points in 2v2 and you can still buy gear from the previous seasons using your PR from 2v2, you just cant get the top tier of gear. So for example, right now you would still be able to buy full deadly gear with just a 2v2 team rating but blizz is trying to get people out of the 2v2 bracket because it's too hard to balance and the only way to do that is to move the latest and greatest gear elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    you just cant get the top tier of gear
    answered it for yourself..

bliz always makes it especially easy to get old season stuff anyways, so who cares about 2s

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Of course they should nerf 2v2, 3v3 is far more balanced.

Around RMP that is. You either play RMP, current FOTM RMP counter, or current FOTM RMP counter's counter.
    Isn't 3s grand?

To quote the (in)famous world of roguecraft, which remains true after 3 years and counting:

"And that is called... BALANCE"

The reason you can't split, is then the 2v2 still has to be a tier under in terms of PvE itemization as well. Unless you want to push 5v5 to be better than the upper end of PvE loots in the game to compensate. So in the end, it still is the same as being a season behind on the 2v2 and even 3v3 scale there.

I am not really sure about how this will effect me but it will definetly make me play much less 2v2 than ever before. 3v3 and 5v5 to me is just a mess where no timed CC, bursts or strategies (other than "Kill my target") are required to win.
    So for now I think this is the worst thing that could happen to arena and I am sure many will stop completely because of this.

However with the buffs to resilience 3v3 atleast maybe will take some kind of strategy to win. I would very much like to experience the changes before I decide how to react about this.
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

The majority of arena teams only get gear from 2v2 using FotM teams.

I know people that didn't even start doing arena until WotLK do to how insanely op'd DK were in 2v2, so it was free gear.

This happens every single season in 2's. Every....single....season. There is an insanely dominant team that just destroys people, by the time Blizzard fixes it the season is over.

A lot of players don't arena unless their class is OP'd in it, in essence, getting free gear because other 2's just can't compete with the combo.

Yes a large part of the arena population plays every season and gets good ratings etc. etc. but another large part only plays when Arena is to their classes advantage.

2v2 in arena is impossible to balance, why have something in the game that you CAN'T balance?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of the change because 2's have been out for far too long to get rid of them, if they did this by Season 3 I would have been all for it, because even back in the day Arena in 2's was extremely unbalanced.

I'm happy they realized that it's a losing battle, but I'm not happy that it took them THIS long to figure that out.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I think if they want less people in 2v2 and more in the other brackets, making your 2v2 rating not able to purchase new season items is not a good way to do it. I think they should have just made the formula different for 2v2 or something to where you won't get as many points each week with 2v2. Being completely restricted from buying new gear if all you have is a 2v2 team is just stupid.

Deleted

One step closer to removing this mini game that all the balance revolves around in WoW.

@ OP

What you have suggested is pretty similar to what blizzard intends to do. They intend to make 2s rating still viable for purchasing gear from previous seasons but you will need 3s and 5s rating to purchase the gear from the current season with rating requirements.

Because blizzard previously stated that they intend to make 3s and 5s ratings more balanced and a lot more like 2s ratings, meaning that we will start seeing a lot more 2k+ teams in 3s and 5s brackets and that they won't be that much harder to obtain than they would in 2s. However, this still hasn't been proven or put into effect, and it probably won't until s7 or later.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely