Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The REAL reason I hate mp5

As of now, i dont need any mp5, but that doesnt mean it's useless. i like to have a small amount of mp5, but that just comes passive on the gear. The thought of gemming for/ selecting gear makes me cringe. the reason I hate mp5 is that IT DOESNT SCALE WITH ANYTHING! For us, Int is scaled 15%+10%(will be 10+10 in 3.2), and it provides SP. Also the larger max mana pool, the more we get from replenishment and DP. BUT WAIT THERES MORE! we also get additional mana through the crit that comes from Int. as for spirit healers... they also get 10% from kings, AND both priests and druids have some form of spirit scaling talent. The amount of regen from that spirit is also scaled by the amount of Int they have. finally those classes also get SP from a talent similar to ours that gives SP from Int.

MP5 ON THE OTHER HAND... retains the same value of mana restore no matter what, and provides nothing but the mp5 listed. no scaling, no SP.

Change up MP5 a little, and MAYBE id even take Mp5 willingly. A thought given by blizzard was to make illumination based on Mp5, but the amount they mentioned was not very appealing. I liked the idea though.

Any thoughts on this? feel free to give your opinion, or you can just flame me for being concerned about our class. YOU DECIDE!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: The REAL reason I hate mp5

MP5 has always been terrible for pally healers, and it still will be. The mp5 buff will not make up for the huge illumination, divine intellect, and replenishment nerfs.

The mp5 buff along with all the new buffs they are getting in 3.2 will make the shamans become much more "powerful".
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    MP5 has always been terrible for pally healers, and it still will be.
    Not really. Back in BC there were times when MP5 was awesome.

Problem: the mana costs and complete mana increased way more than mp5 did.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Mp5 is better for FoL builds. Ok for all that will post to argue or troll. FoL is cheaper than HL. We basically have hots now. Hots plus FoL comparable to a HL. What we are losing is mana back from crits of HLs but cheaper spells kinda offset that. Mp5 doesn't seem that bad with changes. Actually seems like a clever way of readjusting healing style with only a slight decrease in mana regen.

What was the fake reason?

Just cup half full :P

15+ Year Old Account

The only thing Mp5 "scales" with is talents that "Allows X% of your mana regeneration while casting"... but then again, Mp5 is "I think" added after this equation. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    The only thing Mp5 "scales" with is talents that "Allows X% of your mana regeneration while casting"... but then again, Mp5 is "I think" added after this equation. : /
    MP5 scales with nothing, no matter what class you are. MP5 is consistent regen, regardless of whether or not you're in combat or casting and there are no talents that are affected by your MP5.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

In all honesty,

I dont see this changing Holy Paladins.

I would guess that on ptr this will be waxed and waned, untill right before 3.2

Either Divine Int, or Illumintation will end up being brough back to something close to what they were before.

I would add though that it is worth now to pick up 2 or 3 of the highest Mp$ pieces because if it does get doubled those would be the nicest to have.

Imo Holy Paladins and Disc Preists Will still be put on the MT, but now they have a HoT to sub in and save some mana, to cut down on overheals.

While I agree with the OP, considering the nerfs and the fact that mp5 was doubled, i'd say theres no longer a clear winner, regardless of it not scaling. I'll still continue to gem for int, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    While I agree with the OP, considering the nerfs and the fact that mp5 was doubled
    "Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%."

says patch changes. Also replenishment is nerfed a little.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    "Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%."

says patch changes. Also replenishment is nerfed a little.
    Crap * 1.25 = 1.25 times as much crap.

With the crap*1.25 formula, about how much crap would you need on your gear before it made up for the 30% illumination nerf? I mean just figure out how much Mp5 Illumination was worth, take then (x*.5)/1.25, and that's how much Mp5 you'll need to make up the difference.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    With the crap*1.25 formula, about how much crap would you need on your gear before it made up for the 30% illumination nerf? I mean just figure out how much Mp5 Illumination was worth, take then (x*.5)/1.25, and that's how much Mp5 you'll need to make up the difference.
    Thats how much Mp5 now you would need.

My mistake, I thought the patch notes said different.

I ran a H VH today and my Mana return from Illumination was 33% (about 45,000 mana) of my total mana return. Keep in mind i have the sapphire owl trinket, arcane torrent and DP. SO 45,000/2 = 22,500 *ROUGHLY* So thats about 1 bar of mana we will be missing in a 15 min H VH. Obviously we cast different heals in raids so i cant come up with some correct numbers for raids. I will say however we will be eyeing our DP CD like a hawk from now often. If i see myself suffering with mana problems too much i may take up some resto shaman mail pieces. We'll see how that goes. Im already ready for the nerf as i have been using the 25 int/ Chance to restore mana Meta gem since BC. I think we'll be fine. if anythig i'll switch back to healing on my priest I do not want to do that.

Okay I've never played Holy spec in 3.1, so I'm gonna assume that the cost of a HL is 700 mana. Let's say in 360 seconds, you cast 200 HL's, and 120 crit. That's .60*(120*700) = 50,400 mana. Now, they are nerfing it by 50%, so .5*50,400 = 25,200 mana regen over the whole fight to make up for. 360/5 = 72 gains of Mp5. 25,200/1.25 = 20,160 current Mp5 gear to gain 25,200 with the 25% buff to Mp5. So, 20,160/72 = 280 Mp5 to make up for the difference.

Scaling Mp5 is pointless. You get better gear that has more Mp5 on it. It doesnt need to scale becuase spell cost doesnt scale up with intelect. Thus if you get enough Mp5 your intelect doesnt realy matterk, i gues it gives some spell power but at some point you dont gem for it if you have the Mp5. Thats how Mp5 works. Now that crit is going to suck as a mana regen stat 300 Mp5 is like infinate flash of light spam. You can just FoL to get your mana back up then go back to HoL spam.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Now you can manage your mana pool the same way that other holy class does! Trust me, it won't be class breaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Okay I've never played Holy spec in 3.1, so I'm gonna assume that the cost of a HL is 700 mana. Let's say in 360 seconds, you cast 200 HL's, and 120 crit. That's .60*(120*700) = 50,400 mana. Now, they are nerfing it by 50%, so .5*50,400 = 25,200 mana regen over the whole fight to make up for. 360/5 = 72 gains of Mp5. 25,200/1.25 = 20,160 current Mp5 gear to gain 25,200 with the 25% buff to Mp5. So, 20,160/72 = 280 Mp5 to make up for the difference.
    Rank 13 HL is 1274 mana, not 700.