Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Midsummer Festival, Patch 3.2 Changes and Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hypocratus
    Yet, this GC moron write "your opinion is not all paladins opinion". This is *all* paladins opinion, you stupid arrogant moron, as it is *obvious* that those changes are freaking 100% nerf. So, stop pretending you are listening anything but your stupid ego (ahh, we made those changes, they MUST love it).

The day Blizzard finally get that this development team lead by this idiot is killing the game and fire him and his gang at last will be very bright day in my life.
    The changes to illumination is a nerf, absolutely, but there are very blatant buffs included as well. Boohoohoo I can't heal entire fights and still end up with 75% mana. You are clearly a better representative of 100% of the paladin population. ZOMG BEACON NOW HEALS WITH OVERHEALING!!! TOTALLY NERFED!!! FoL on an SS'd target now gets a HoT!!! NERFED TO THE GROUND!!!

The buffs are not earth shattering, but nor are the nerfs. Get off your high horse. Killing the game indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktwiz
    There is alot of fear of 'homogenization' among the developers of WoW, but won't this badge change just exeacerbate this? Literally within a month or 3 of 3.2 release, EVERY SINGLE 80 will be in t8. There will literally be NO VARIATION of item selection between players of maximum level, because once you hit that sweet spot lv80, you'll just farm heroics all day. Can you imagine walking around Dalaran, EVERY SINGLE PERSON is wearing the same gear? thats just retarded/ridiculous. This change would also make every loot pre-ulduar obsolete, all that matters would be badge-whoring and ulduar + colliseum (which only the guilds that continue to care about progression would participate in, there is no doubt manyy will fall to players who quit raiding due to the badge bonanza).
    I kinda agree with this to some extent but then again ive seen people no longer doing heroics or any of that sort simply cause theirs no point in doing that anymore.
    and it has also brought a big decline in people playing the game in certain times and making others quit game cause theirs no point in playing if theirs no one to play with anymore.

but now blizzard needs to adjust the difficulty lvl of this heroics or people are gonna be zerging em.

I stopped raiding mid-tbc and been playing on and off, usually concentrating on heroic and the random raid with ex-guildies. You know why? Because I thought them to be fun.

Now to come to the arguments everyone is bringing up, just calculate how many hours you'd have to spend in heroics for one piece of t8. Then think how much gear you could earn in raids in the same period of time.
    Add to that the fact a lot of slots aren't filled by emblem gear and you still have a very large edge wearing your bis raiding gear.

I completely don't understand the point of "but I won't know whether people are skilled or not", do you know that now? I often saw rogues in t7.5 (when that was the highest tier) that still couldn't do more than 800 dps Gear proves nothing, check for achievements or just play with people you know.

Flying in azeroth would be pretty wicked awesome. But, it would be quite different than what im used to and to be honest, if i could fly in Azeroth, Northrend, and Outland, i would never use my ground mount again if some other changes to the mount system weren't made. Even if Epic Mounts will be level 40 and flying mounts are 70, on my 80's i'd never hop on my ground mount ever again. Other than that, changes are welcome!! 3.2 will be amazing and Midsummer is rockin!

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    The changes to illumination is a nerf, absolutely, but there are very blatant buffs included as well. Boohoohoo I can't heal entire fights and still end up with 75% mana. You are clearly a better representative of 100% of the paladin population. ZOMG BEACON NOW HEALS WITH OVERHEALING!!! TOTALLY NERFED!!! FoL on an SS'd target now gets a HoT!!! NERFED TO THE GROUND!!!

The buffs are not earth shattering, but nor are the nerfs. Get off your high horse. Killing the game indeed.
    By "Killing the game" I mean, of course, not this particular change to paladin, but all set of changes we are watching across last set of pathes and hotfixes.  Changes are made premature.  Changes are "hacks" in game mechanic rather then fix. Changes increase disbalance more and more. There seem to be no long term plan (they start to call something "problem" the day after they call it "solution"). Just few examples - 2x2 arena bracket killing now following BG killing early in WOTLK. Paladin overbuff followed by half a year of nerfs.  The way they are trying to fix lag in Wintergrasp. Warriors fury tree and continuous changes to titan greep. This list is very long.  But the tendency is clear - this team is overconfident and overarrogant - they act first and think second (if at all), they don't listen when people make them advices *before* they change but react when majority QQ after the change.  All in all the way they drive the game is killing it.

As about paladins nerf/buff - if they give holy an ability to create colored clouds when they /fart that would be kinda buff as well - nobody else can create colored clouds when /fart. However it doesn't help much with the holy paladins (yet) main job - to heal MT and help with raid healing when possible.  What the (experienced) paladins around here are saying is that they can find a target which would be healed without over healing in raid, thus BoL buff doesn't help them. And that person, who will have, SS is the MT and while MT is hit for 20-30k he/she needs damn Holy Light, not 4k (or even 10k)  healing over 12sec. So, for the paladin who already know his job and can use BoL appropriately the buff part is about as usable as colored clouds from /fart. And the nerf is significant.  So, the sum is pure and simple nerf.

We think warlock representation is too low in Arenas. One solution to that is to nerf classes that counter them, which we have done.
    Right, they nerfed feral druids. But wait ferals have low representation in arena as well and don't have insane synergy like warlock/rogue teams. While rogues will continue to own every warlock and were not nerfed at all. So where is the sense?

Re:Patch 3.2 Changes and Blue posts: Flying in Azeroth

I have been playing WoW for quite some time now, and both factions tend to go for the "For the Horde" (i do not know the name for the alliance) achievement. If Blizzard allows flying in Azeroth, players can just fly strait over and into some of the factions' home cities. Such as, Orgrimar and Stormwind. On the other hand, flying can be very useful for the higher level players that like to do the Pre-Burning Crusade raids for achievements or special mounts.