Is this a viable aoe tank spec?

Just recently got my warrior to 80 and have been getting him geared in heroics. I have the typical deep wounds spec, and am liking it alot. My current glyphs are cleave, thundershock, and revenge. I have found cleave to be very good at holding aoe agro during trash pulls in heroics. Do you think this spec could possibly be used for OT/aoe tanking in Naxx or higher?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVzZG0eoZcItrg0zidczsGo

Re: Is this a viable aoe tank spec?

Yes, that would be an aoe tanking build, but not trying to be rude. Just go cookie 15/5/51 and put revenge, heroic strike and blocking glyphs. Just have cleave handy and thunderclap on those cooldowns. I believe deep wounds procs off of thunderclap, and heroic there's like a max 4-5 pull, that's very easy to tab target and cleave through.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Specc for tanking not for aoe

Sure that build will work for aoe. But the 15/5/51 will do aoe and single target threat even better. Imp cleave won't even come close to deep wounds extra threat. Deep wounds literally procs off any kind of crit. I enjoyed tanking a lot more once I got deep wounds, just fun to see even more dmg being put out by a tank

But speccing for aoe.. which is only trash mobs would be stupid. Would you only want dps who use aoe spec at the cost of lowering their single target dps where it counts... on boss fights?

It's ok, you won't have too many problems however I'd go the Deep wounds build as mentioned by other posts if you want to optimize yourself. It'll probably generate more if not as much threat aoe wise as your build but it'll be more beneficial for single targets as well, increasing your damage and threat overall in all situations.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=threatmonkey

I use the cleave spec with DPS trinkets in heroics for kicking the run along, no need to be full on defensive once you gear up a bit. DW is only 3-4% damage in heroics without other classes buffing your crit and so on.