Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Seal of Vengeance

I was just thinking about one thing.. Since Seal of Vengeance becomes our new PvE seal, will they change the Glyph?
    I mean, 10 expertise is quite nice, but would it be worth it to get some other items and go for less expertise in your items, and change your, say consecration glyph, to the SoV glyph?

Another thing is, what would you reckon as a good PvE build? I was thinking about something like this.

C&C would be nice

Re: Glyph of Seal of Vengeance

I will put 5 Points in Divinity instead of Stoicism and Guardian's Favor else i could think that they will change the Glyph to a Sorch like Glyph like Stacking the Dot 5 Times on one Hit or something like that if it will be the case that SoV is the new PvE seal.

Just my 2 Cents
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    i could think that they will change the Glyph to a Sorch like Glyph like Stacking the Dot 5 Times on one Hit
    That is the most~ not will happen ~ thing one could think of.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

It's a tanking glyph, I see no reason to change it.

You should be speccing into Vindication with the changes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vampfiend687
    my priest, i would go to a funeral home and rez the corpses and watch chaos. Also, i'd probably MC kanye west off a cliff, he annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Good luck, he would just interrupt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadin
    Agreed. Vindication will provide good utility, and needing Seals of the Pure will put Divine Sacrifice out of reach anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadin
    So, something like this instead?

Also, thanks for the C&C

It's a tanking seal and a tanking glyph, it will not be changed.

You may want to keep 5 stacks up as ret, but you should only having the seal up to refresh the stacks, otherwise you should not be using this seal.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo

You may want to keep 5 stacks up as ret, but you should only having the seal up to refresh the stacks, otherwise you should not be using this seal.
    /facepalm

We're talking about the NYI changes not the current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    So, something like this instead?

Also, thanks for the C&C
    People have mentioned maybe speccing into 4/5 Divine Int, since with the CS cooldown being reduced, we eat up more mana (as the mana cost is the same).

How is the hole you've been living in lately? Must be comfy.

With each attack adding another 33% as holy damage at 5 stacks, and the extra holy damage being able to crit, I could definetly see this as a DPS seal from 3.2 and onward.

Guess actually PLAYING it (I'm not on the PTR) might say something different though - time will tell.

15+ Year Old Account

Is the PTR even up yet? I didnt think it was.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blupp74
    With each attack adding another 33% as holy damage at 5 stacks, and the extra holy damage being able to crit, I could definetly see this as a DPS seal from 3.2 and onward.

Guess actually PLAYING it (I'm not on the PTR) might say something different though - time will tell.
    It WILL be the new PvE retri paladin spell from 3.2 and up.
    And nobody's on the PTR yet as it will take SOME time before it comes up, so don't think about that yet :P

With the damage increase, SoV is definitely more than a tanking glyph, although tanks will probably still use it due to the monster threat they'll be getting from it now. The 33% damage bonus and 2x crits only apply when the seal is active, so switching seals once the 5 stacks are up is a no go.

[/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    /facepalm

We're talking about the NYI changes not the current ones.

People have mentioned maybe speccing into 4/5 Divine Int, since with the CS cooldown being reduced, we eat up more mana (as the mana cost is the same).
    Basically, I'm seeing something like this as the new Ret build, mainly because SotP is gonna be necessary, and we're going to be eating up a lot more mana, along with the nerfed replenish, so we're going to need bigger mana pools to maintain this.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...2&version=9947

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

And,

Take me for an example. I have 108 intellect unbuffed. That would be around 200 in a raid or so, dunno. I increase that by 8%. That is 16 intellect. Do you really think 16 intellect (note, 240 mana, that's 1 Crusader Strike) is worth 4 talent points that could (possible scenario, Iron Council Hardmode) increase your Judgement of Light heals by 4% instead? And, this would also make you heal more if you use your AoW procs on FoL'ing other dps'ers to help the healers. Seriously? :P

15+ Year Old Account

JotW should be adjusted to also increase our intellect by 10/20/30% of our Strength. (which is about 100/200/300 int or so for a typical paladin).

And,

Take me for an example. I have 108 intellect unbuffed. That would be around 200 in a raid or so, dunno. I increase that by 8%. That is 16 intellect. Do you really think 16 intellect is worth 4 talent points that could (possible scenario, Iron Council Hardmode) increase your Judgement of Light heals by 4% instead? And, this would also make you heal more if you use your AoW procs on FoL'ing other dps'ers to help the healers. Seriously? :P
    JoL heals will be set values at 2% of a target's Max HP.

And,

Take me for an example. I have 108 intellect unbuffed. That would be around 200 in a raid or so, dunno. I increase that by 8%. That is 16 intellect. Do you really think 16 intellect (note, 240 mana, that's 1 Crusader Strike) is worth 4 talent points that could (possible scenario, Iron Council Hardmode) increase your Judgement of Light heals by 4% instead? And, this would also make you heal more if you use your AoW procs on FoL'ing other dps'ers to help the healers. Seriously? :P
    Good luck using Judgement of Light and FoL's when you're OOM. Just saying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

JotW should be adjusted to also increase our intellect by 10/20/30% of our Strength. (which is about 100/200/300 int or so for a typical paladin).
    That would be an awesome idea, but I don't see it coming, really.

JoL heals will be set values at 2% of a target's Max HP.
    Did I miss somewhere where they said that? In that case, then I'm sorry Still, JoL is not the only healing spell you have :P I tend to FoL myself and other dps'ers sometimes, just to help out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Good luck using Judgement of Light and FoL's when you're OOM. Just saying.
    And 240 mana would change this a lot, yes? :P When we know how our mana capacity and usage will be in 3.2, I probably won't waste my mana on FoL'ing other people. True, but we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account

Seal of Vengeance will be strong as retri, but that doesn't change that it's the number one threat Seal, and that will be even stronger after 3.2.

The glyph stays this way, it's a tanking glyph that will have a nice side-effect for retridins. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.