Page 1 of 2
LastLast

STOP! Ret is getting buffed

Please stop crying because they are changing a few things how ret plays pvp & pve.

As far I can see, ret is getting huge buffs. I can't stop drolling about those fat instant heals with the new FoL, 4k crit, 4k on hot, 2.4k hot from crit. Also about the burst is getting nerfed... bull shit, now I can hit 2 crusader strikes in a single stun thats 150% before any talents apply, also those talents become stronger with faster strikes; right now I can only do 110% with a single strike while my target is stun, and for a finishing move... BAM Exorcism. Just wow! not to mention that the glyph of command is giving us 33% mana in total when we judge. DROOL!

And as for pve in the last big patch I was whining about why we should spend talent points on non damage talents, well next patch that problem is solve, Seals of the Pure, and still have Divine Sacrifice. And BTW you didn't do Exorcism that much, and my guess is that whenever you need to Exorcism you will have the AoW proc up.

In the other hand Holy is getting weird changes and the Illumination nerf is a BIG one.

So please, learn to play the new ret.

Re: STOP! Ret is getting buffed

the talents do not get stronger. theyre multiplicative, not additive

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

the sac shield HoT buff isnt a ret buff. I generally keep mine on the tank and dont throw heals at him. and in an arena, i'm gonna say you probaly want that onyour healer, unless you are 2v2ing with a dk.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    the talents do not get stronger. theyre multiplicative, not additive
    1CS = 110% weapon damage
    2CS = 75% weapon damage x2 = 150%

(75% of 1000 is 750, x2 is 1500, 150% of 1000 is 1500)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

You may not use exorcism much, but you should. It's one of the highest damage attacks you have as ret, it just doesn't net the most damage becasue of the long cooldown.

My biggest QQ of exorcism change is I won't be able to insta-tag mobs as often (which isn't a big deal, just slightly more inconvenient). I've still got Hand of Reckoning though.

Face facts, there will always be something for pallys to bitch about

The words 'Ret' and 'buff' cannot be used in the same sentence. The english language doesnt permit it.

Ret always get's 'huge' buffs, but in PvE at least, they have been bottom of the pile throughout the 2nd half of Naxx, and since the start of Ulduar.

So yeah, bring on the 'buffs'

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Ret always get's 'huge' buffs, but in PvE at least, they have been bottom of the pile throughout the 2nd half of Naxx, and since the start of Ulduar.

So yeah, bring on the 'buffs'
    I don't about you but I always finish in top5 in all ulduar fights, on AoE fights as freya and thorim I pretty much finish at top1. And not all is about dps. For example in the lalst Ignis I finished Top5 in dps and top5 in healing done thanks to Judgement of Light.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flux
    Please stop crying because they are changing a few things how ret plays pvp & pve.

As far I can see, ret is getting huge buffs. I can't stop drolling about those fat instant heals with the new FoL, 4k crit, 4k on hot, 2.4k hot from crit. Also about the burst is getting nerfed... bull shit, now I can hit 2 crusader strikes in a single stun thats 150% before any talents apply, also those talents become stronger with faster strikes; right now I can only do 110% with a single strike while my target is stun, and for a finishing move... BAM Exorcism. Just wow! not to mention that the glyph of command is giving us 33% mana in total when we judge. DROOL!

And as for pve in the last big patch I was whining about why we should spend talent points on non damage talents, well next patch that problem is solve, Seals of the Pure, and still have Divine Sacrifice. And BTW you didn't do Exorcism that much, and my guess is that whenever you need to Exorcism you will have the AoW proc up.

In the other hand Holy is getting weird changes and the Illumination nerf is a BIG one.

So please, learn to play the new ret.
    The extra CS isn't that much added damage.... over a timelapse of 1 minute, you gain an additional 1/4 CS with a 4sec CD at 75% than a 6sec CD at 110%. With Arenas lasting more than 30 seconds now, healers will find it MUCH easier to heal through 2 smaller strikes than 1 big one.

Plus, the Exorcism change is of little use to Range classes, which we have the second hardest time on, since we can not stick to our enemies; even moreso if your opponent knows how to kite you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    You may not use exorcism much, but you should. It's one of the highest damage attacks you have as ret, it just doesn't net the most damage becasue of the long cooldown.

My biggest QQ of exorcism change is I won't be able to insta-tag mobs as often (which isn't a big deal, just slightly more inconvenient). I've still got Hand of Reckoning though.

Face facts, there will always be something for pallys to bitch about
    Hand of Reckoning will now be doing 50% of our AP as damage after the taunt; so instead of 182-212 damage, we'll see HoRs of 2-2.5k when soloing on a mob. Plus it has only an 8 second CD and is off the GCD.

I don't about you but I always finish in top5 in all ulduar fights, on AoE fights as freya and thorim I pretty much finish at top1. And not all is about dps. For example in the lalst Ignis I finished Top5 in dps and top5 in healing done thanks to Judgement of Light.
    Is this in 10 man, or 25 man? Are you looking at Total damage done (i.e. with trash) or just the Boss data?

If 10 man, it can be possible, in 25 man this is wrong, as your Ranged should be pulling WAY more damage in fights like Hodir and Iron Counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If 10 man, it can be possible, in 25 man this is wrong, as your Ranged should be pulling WAY more damage in fights like Hodir and Iron Counsel.
    Except when you raid with average players..... It's so annoying to top the meters without really trying too. I like competing for top spots. But with my current guild (even though we are downing stuff : working on Yogg) I'm usually up there with the DK, on every single fight. Moreso on Hodir and XT.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Deleted

STOP!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    Except when you raid with average players..... It's so annoying to top the meters without really trying too. I like competing for top spots. But with my current guild (even though we are downing stuff : working on Yogg) I'm usually up there with the DK, on every single fight. Moreso on Hodir and XT.
    so you found out that you are high on aoe fights. gz m8

how are you doing on vezax? probably highest since other dps in your guild is undergeared or just bad.

1CS = 110% weapon damage
    2CS = 75% weapon damage x2 = 150%

(75% of 1000 is 750, x2 is 1500, 150% of 1000 is 1500)
    75%x1.15=.8625
    1.1x1.15=1.265
    6x.7=4.2 seconds of stun with any stun reduc talents
    4.2-1.5=2.7 seconds to use real gcd
    6x.85=5.1
    5.1-1.5=3.6

anyone who has any kind of stun resist (disc priests, any orc, almost anyone with the meta) wont be taking two crus strikes. not to mention gcd juggling with judge and divine storm.
    4.5 max. 3 on crus. 1 judge. 1 divine storm. 0 seconds left. you can get a crus in then assuming no meta no racial no talents

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

this might be a little offtopic, but:
    Illumination's getting nerfed, mp5 is getting buffed. OK.
    But in PvP, paladins is the only class without passive manaregen

Druids have intensity giving them 50% mana regen while casting (and spirit on their pvp gear)

Priests have Meditation giving them 50% mana regen while casting (and spirit on their pvp gear)

Shamans have Water shield and mana regen on pvp gear

Has anyone else thought about this?
    (If i've missed something please tell, i haven't done any deep research just thought i might aswell ask since im here)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

also.

hammertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakko
    this might be a little offtopic, but:
    Illumination's getting nerfed, mp5 is getting buffed. OK.
    But in PvP, paladins is the only class without passive manaregen

Druids have intensity giving them 50% mana regen while casting (and spirit on their pvp gear)

Priests have Meditation giving them 50% mana regen while casting (and spirit on their pvp gear)

Shamans have Water shield and mana regen on pvp gear

Has anyone else thought about this?
    (If i've missed something please tell, i haven't done any deep research just thought i might aswell ask since im here)
    Uhm divine plea your own BoW buff come on you got equal mana regen

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    so you found out that you are high on aoe fights. gz m8

how are you doing on vezax? probably highest since other dps in your guild is undergeared or just bad.
    Pretty bad tbh, kitty-cat tops that one most of the time but our range is just terribad only the melee pull decent numbers on this fight.
    And no I did not just find out that Ret are good on AoE. Just that good players get better results than good Rets on most fights in Ulduar, except maybe a couple of AoE heavy fights (Kologarn and Thorim come to my mind).

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Just HoJ AFTER the first crus. strike, problem solved.

Pretty bad tbh, kitty-cat tops that one most of the time but our range is just terribad only the melee pull decent numbers on this fight.
    And no I did not just find out that Ret are good on AoE. Just that good players get better results than good Rets on most fights in Ulduar, except maybe a couple of AoE heavy fights (Kologarn and Thorim come to my mind).
    if only your melee are pulling decent numbers on vezax, than there is something terribly wrong with you raid. Any given normal ranged (perhaps minus huntards but even they can do decent) destroys melees on vezax....seriously. Its in the nature of the fight. Melee slower attack speed, Ranged black shit on the ground.

Ret can/should finish top 5 on some fights, like XT, Kol and Razor. If you are finishing Top 5 on all fights, your guild sucks.

For example, last Hodir Hard Mode we did I pulled out 11.5k DPS..and I placed 9th on the charts....