A lot less latency.

This is what our FCFS will look like with 4 sec Crusader Strikes over a 1 minute period.

DS > CS > Judge > Cons > CS > Exo > Judge > DS > CS > Cons |DP| CS > Judge |1sec| DS > CS > Cons > Exo > CS > Judge |1sec| DS > CS > Cons |1sec| Judge > CS |1sec| DS > CS > Exo > Judge > CS > Cons |1.5sec| DS > CS > Judge |1sec| CS > Cons >Exo…

There is a total period of time of 6 seconds where we aren’t touching any buttons. The new 4 second cooldown on Crusader Strike is going to make our fingers a lot busier come 3.2 when we’re DPS’ing. Latency will become all the more important to fit all of these attacks into a 1 minute span.

Re: A lot less latency.

latency is important with any dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    latency is important with any dps spec.

Oh I know, but it was much less important when you consider we were sitting around waiting for 3-4 seconds sometimes between attacks when everything was on cooldown. This was just to show that we're going to be pretty much constantly pressing buttons for the entire minute, as opposed to how it was with CS having a 6 second cooldown with all the time to play around with between attacks. I know that right now I can sit and spam Judgements for 3 seconds just waiting for it to come off cooldown because I have no other buttons to push. New change = busy fingers.

15+ Year Old Account

i dont rly see the useability in divine plea and sacred shield now
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    i dont rly see the useability in divine plea and sacred shield now
    Well with the nerf to mana regen (allbeit a small one), Divine Plea is going to be one of the most important abilities we have so we don't OOM. Honestly, DP > FCFS with how our regen is looking for 3.2.

Sacred Shield on the other hand is going to be a lot less viable because there is no break in FCFS to allow an extra GCD to be wasted anymore. The biggest latency period is 1.5 seconds, so in theory you could cast an SS and not lose anything in that timeframe, but chances are it isn't very viable anymore, just due to human latency and not being able to cast everything at .005 seconds, or as fast as a human can respond to seeing something.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Well with the nerf to mana regen (allbeit a small one), Divine Plea is going to be one of the most important abilities we have so we don't OOM. Honestly, DP > FCFS with how our regen is looking for 3.2.

Sacred Shield on the other hand is going to be a lot less viable because there is no break in FCFS to allow an extra GCD to be wasted anymore. The biggest latency period is 1.5 seconds, so in theory you could cast an SS and not lose anything in that timeframe, but chances are it isn't very viable anymore, just due to human latency and not being able to cast everything at .005 seconds, or as fast as a human can respond to seeing something.
    Depends on the fight and it's current mechanics.

Cause, you know, we may have to run out of melee every now and then

15+ Year Old Account

staying alive > dps

its not wasting a gcd if you help yourself staying alive to keep on dps'ing