How's this look for a Destro Lock build?

I'll just start out by saying I came up with this build for a friend, not a lock myself but was trying to find a viable destro spec with raid support and good dps.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9947

Thinking rotation would be CoE > Life Tap > Immolate > Choas Bolt > Incinerate... to Conflag then rinse and repeat (working in Shadowfury with any extra time)

I have an aff Lock in my raids that would be using Agony so this lock would be using CoE. Also how would imp do for staying alive? See any Glyph probs or recommendations? Btw she is in 4 of 5 T7.5 and at hit cap without speccing into it.

Re: How's this look for a Destro Lock build?

Drop Shadowfury and probably add glyph of Conflag. Your imp should be fine for staying alive since you've got Fel Synergy. If you've got an unholy DK or a Boomkin in the raid then use CoD instead of CoE if not, continue using CoE.

You'll be losing a lot of DPS with out glyph on conflag. After Immolate it should go something like CF>CB>INC>INC. You know, working off backdraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyzard
    Would you like to make a product that very few people can actually use? No, you're not.

The destro build is actually not very flexible if you want to do high dmg. And the glyphs are manadatory, you need to use conflag, immo, incinerate. My armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...gro+Management

If you're just playing around and dont care, use whatever you like for a build (for your friend or whatever) If you want max dps, use the build you find there. Also, currently, lifetap is hardly used as destro with our mana effeciency. I dont think the new change to lifetap buff duration will make that glyph any better in 3.2, but I hve to do some more reading to be sure. Many players take 1-2 pts in destructive reach, but I dont have range issues, also I dont like to stand at max range then have to move in slightly to use corruption or doom since they will then have less reach, so I find that point to be a waste...and just dump it in Shadowburn for when i want to hve a little more burst while doing heavy moving, or for soling if my shard bag is full

Your rotation is priority Immolate>conflag>chaos>incinerate. As for CoD and Corr, I find both are a dps increase, and usually start a fight with my dots to avoid instant aggro. And dotting while moving into position is good use of time

Edit: Imp survivability is not an issue, my imp can even survive spin up on Mimron if I forget to move him most of the time (spinup is about the ONLY thing that can kill him though, even if it's infrequent.

Thx for the help guys, just one more question about Glyphs. I understand using the Conflag glyph but has anyone tried working the life tap glyph in for the bump in spell power, pretty much constantly if work into rotation. It just seems with the 4 pc bonus and glyphed for it, it would be a shame to waste the extra 150+ spell power you'd get from it. Maybe replace Incinerate Glyph?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by NoobLock
    Thx for the help guys, just one more question about Glyphs. I understand using the Conflag glyph but has anyone tried working the life tap glyph in for the bump in spell power, pretty much constantly if work into rotation. It just seems with the 4 pc bonus and glyphed for it, it would be a shame to waste the extra 150+ spell power you'd get from it. Maybe replace Incinerate Glyph?
    I won't go into the details, but heres the summary:

- Improved Soul Leech is so good, tapping every 20 seconds is lost dps, even with 4pc T7, for destruction.
    - In 3.2 we get a 40 second lifetap buff, and the numbers are coming out now as a small dps increase.

Ask again when 3.2 goes live and we'll have a better answer for you.

R.I.P. YARG

Lifetap in a full desto build? Thats the first thing to drop. If you know destruction you don't lifetap unless you aoe

Points out of imp.HS. its useless. The extra stam is more useful with the deathcoil buff

Ditch shadow fury and max out empowered imp.

Ditch the life tap glyph and pick up conflag. Even with 3.2 it doesn't change the fact that soul leech is so good, you are wasting a glyph slot for it when immo/ conflag/ incin provide a significant dps increase.

People play with what they're confortable of course - but imo using or glyphing for life tap in a build with imp. soul leech is silly

Err i think you lost the concern of warlock we no have raid spot cuz we have buff the only support u have is Healstone +Summon the fail ppl can run for theyself

in short you coming for pewpew and summon and strugle the healer doing Life tap

sorry my english

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by potasio
    Err i think you lost the concern of warlock we no have raid spot cuz we have buff the only support u have is Healstone +Summon the fail ppl can run for theyself

in short you coming for pewpew and summon and strugle the healer doing Life tap

sorry my english
    No worries on the english, I speak ESL

Warlocks have raid spots because they do damn fine damage. Destruction brings Replenishment so that the Hunters can go Marksman. Shadow Priests are hard to find but Boomkins are not, so bring the Boomkin for the +hit. Frost mages don't have raid spots :P Affliction brings Improved Shadow Bolt so the Mages can stop casting Scorch (they gain 200dps by doing this, we lose 0.)

Summoning and Healthstones are a quality of life issue and are not mandatory.

Life tap never makes the healer struggle unless you stacked 1000 spirit. Just make sure you lifetap at full life when you have a heal coming. I watch my buffs for hots and when I'm affliction I lifetap after Haunt because the heal is coming back .5s later.

R.I.P. YARG