Shamanistic Rage Question

Does anyone know what the proc rate for mana return is during Shamanistic Rage? With the patch changes I'm trying to figure out what effect that will have on mana generation.

While it may seem pretty obvious that the "old" and "new" would generate an equivalent amount of mana, the reason I ask is that with the current SR I get 100% mana back in just a short part of the SR period. I'm curious if that will be the case with half the mana regenerated per proc.

During the Vezax fight I am running on vapors towards the end of that fight and if I can get completely "recharged" every minute then I can't think of too many cases where we'd ever run low on mana.

Re: Shamanistic Rage Question

I don't know, but I assume that I will get a full mana bar (25-man raid buffed) with the new SR, every minute. I always filled my mana bar long before the duration expired. I think this is a substantial pvp buff.

I agree w/ Monkeysnarf. I don't think the change is going to affect PvE in the least, but will be good for PvP.

It's on a PPM I know (procs per minute) but no idea what that number is...

and yeah... it really doesn't matter. As it is now I fill up my mana bar in all of 5 seconds, so with the new change, it'll have to take 10 seconds of my 20 second duration... ohh darn.

Guess that's the price we pay for PvP buffs :O

Although it is definitely a boon for PVP don't count out it's use on PVE hard modes. Having an on demand damage reduction for some of the hards out there will be very helpful indeed. Hard modes that comes to mind right off the bat is XT during Tantrum, General Vez when the Saronite Animus is up (although I try and save my SR if I can for this anyway), any of the Yogg hards where getting caught to close to a guardian exploding could spell trouble and Mim hard. Like has been stated I get a full bar of mana way before the time is up so I can now use it for it's damage reduction too with the added benefit of filling my mana bar.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf
    I don't know, but I assume that I will get a full mana bar (25-man raid buffed) with the new SR, every minute. I always filled my mana bar long before the duration expired. I think this is a substantial pvp buff.
    This, in PvE you shouldnt be running out of mana and this buffs PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestkhan
    Although it is definitely a boon for PVP don't count out it's use on PVE hard modes. Having an on demand damage reduction for some of the hards out there will be very helpful indeed. Hard modes that comes to mind right off the bat is XT during Tantrum, General Vez when the Saronite Animus is up (although I try and save my SR if I can for this anyway), any of the Yogg hards where getting caught to close to a guardian exploding could spell trouble and Mim hard. Like has been stated I get a full bar of mana way before the time is up so I can now use it for it's damage reduction too with the added benefit of filling my mana bar.
    That's a very excellent point.

Infinite mana FTW?!? ;D

Bye bye two points in imp SS!

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    and 1 pt in shamanistic focus!!! ;D

New 15% mana, chance on hit, lasts 15 seconds, 1 min CD, there is no PPM that i can tell cause you cant have a PPM on a 15 second ability imo, its like a 50% chance on hit. cause seems I get mana every time I hit. It also works when you lava lash and storm strike, and on windfury procs.

Its a huge pvp buff, woot for shaman version of icebound fortitude.

Sollolol,

That is usually the case, but one fight in particular (General Vezax) is one in which the only mana regeneration for Enhancement Shaman is Shamanistic Rage. No water shield, mana spring, class replenishment, etc. help for that fight. If we can get our mana bar back to full every MINUTE rather than every TWO MINUTES....well, there will be no need to even pay attention to our mana bars. As someone else mentioned, this makes the Improved Storm Strike pretty much obsolete.

If we're lucky they'll replace it with Earthquake...or Titan's Grip...or maybe Improved Feral Spirits (4 puppies that last twice as long).

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    New 15% mana, chance on hit, lasts 15 seconds, 1 min CD, there is no PPM that i can tell cause you cant have a PPM on a 15 second ability imo, its like a 50% chance on hit. cause seems I get mana every time I hit. It also works when you lava lash and storm strike, and on windfury procs.

Its a huge pvp buff, woot for shaman version of icebound fortitude.
    you mean the pre-nerfed icebound fortitude

Quote Originally Posted by Escatonic
    Sollolol,

That is usually the case, but one fight in particular (General Vezax) is one in which the only mana regeneration for Enhancement Shaman is Shamanistic Rage. No water shield, mana spring, class replenishment, etc. help for that fight. If we can get our mana bar back to full every MINUTE rather than every TWO MINUTES....well, there will be no need to even pay attention to our mana bars. As someone else mentioned, this makes the Improved Storm Strike pretty much obsolete.

If we're lucky they'll replace it with Earthquake...or Titan's Grip...or maybe Improved Feral Spirits (4 puppies that last twice as long).
    or maybe give us an aoe like ret, warrors, rogues, and dks!! ;D

my thought exactly!

and 1 pt in shamanistic focus!!! ;D
    AND elemental focus 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Until they buff it to give 50%/100% chance to proc your main hand weapon imbuement. Then you'll come crawling back lol.

that´d be awesome! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.