Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Can I report someone to GM for undercutting ?

Hey

Ive a question regarding udercutting, I know that most of people do it every few hours or sometimes often but on my realm there are 2 nubs who undercut every 1min or sometimes less. They are online for about 1-2months now, each day they login at same time around 1pm and logout ~1am so each day 12hrs and only thing that they do is undercutting people who posted auctions with lower price so others sellers cant sell anything tbh. They are selling gems and enchating materials.
    Can someone like this who is trying to monopolize market be banned for it ? They are using low lvls bank chars, changing nicks every few days (same guild), they never go afk, each day 12hrs in city and the only thing that they do is undercutting every 1min. Im not sure if they are gold sellers but their english is terrible (I know mine isnt perfect:P) and like I said they never go afk, login every single day and stay online for around 12hrs. Thos people are ruin economy, some prices of gems already dropped from 40g to 10g :/

Re: Can I report someone to GM for undercutting ?

No.

Lol.

Deleted

If it really is this automated as you say it is, then yes you can.
    Looks like an educated botscript or something.

New Bananas come out fresh from Africa. Tesco sell them for £2 and think they are the first people to sell them. Asda sell them for £1.50, undercut and make huge profit compared to Tesco who didn't sell many because they are expensive. Can tesco report them to the police or trading authorities?

Think
    Before
    You

I like bananas...

The best you can do is report what you think might be a bot.

But to answer the actual question... NO. lmfao. You can't report somebody to a GM for being good at the AH and beating your prices. A good solution would be to undercut until it's useless for him to do so (you lose money, but he can't keep undercutting the same farm mat and will likely move on to another), or sell through /2.

flammable

No Mirks, what they're doing is entirely legitamit. In fact it is good for the economy. It ensures that items in the AH remain as cheap as possible for those buying them. Why would I put an item on the AH at more than the lowest cost? I'm just going to waste my fee.

So it's not bad, its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    If it really is this automated as you say it is, then yes you can.
    Looks like an educated botscript or something.
    If that is a bot, why to report? place a single piece for 2 copper than buy all that they put for 1 copper (you said they will undercut everything in less than a minute).

Profit

Stop putting them at overpriced prices then.

As flammable said,
    Quote Originally Posted by flammable
    No Mirks, what they're doing is entirely legitamit. In fact it is good for the economy. It ensures that items in the AH remain as cheap as possible for those buying them. Why would I put an item on the AH at more than the lowest cost? I'm just going to waste my fee.

So it's not bad, its good.
    Stop being greedy on your prices, if i see something on ah that is not worth the price they are asking for it, ill post lots of that item if i can, at realy low prices

Deleted

Ridiculous! no you cant be banned for playing the AH, i have done so myself in the past when i had nothing better to do with my time.

If you want to make money and have a steady income, then dailys however boring they may be can provide that.

All Undercut other more or less.

If none did Undercut other will Saronite still cost, what 200 g for a stack (price ad my server ad Wrath launce).

All what Undercut do is example: 200 g for saronite, then Undercutter say: Man let's try sell for 180 g, then all buy his, then it continue to get to a price where ppl not wanna go lower or atless not must lower, because become to must work then.

if you want my 2 cents, buy out all their stuff and place it at a price you know to be fair. they'll run out of stock eventually and have to either go farm it or buy yours. either way you're getting cheap ah fodder, or they're gonna stop undercutting.

you people have the reading comprehension of a nine year old blind gophers. granted the thread title is ... also rather dumb.

Yes you can report someone for botting, if they are actually botting. you may or may not be successful, but botting is against the proverbial rules.

Quote Originally Posted by sobolanul
    If that is a bot.
    The OP said they spoke poor english.

So, guessing it's a few chinese schoolkids hired for 1$ per week to watch the screen and undercut you.

Why you think its bot ??
    When i whas grinding gold with BS/JC/ENCH. I whas sitting 16-18 hours online (im online all the time even if im watching movie or doing anything else i never log off basicly) And i whas selling Gems and Ench mats.
    I Undercutted anything !!!!!
    I invested 10k gold on mats. Any ORE that showed up on ah even overpriced i got off ah. And spend most time doing items for DE and cutting gems.
    Usualy i had 3 000-5 000 dust for sale.
    Putting 100 auctions x1 ofc . Checking auctions each 10-15 minutes.
    In 1 week i made over 10k gold and had another 10k gold in mats for sale.
    In 1 week i totaly Owned Ench mats market. Everyone else stoped to sell any dusts hehe.

As you see you dont need a bot. You need just loads of time and no life and you can monopolize marcet in 1 week. AAA and fogot you need 10k+ gold to invest.
    I play Warriors. Gief buffs )

That thread reminds me of someone that suggested to report someone for fishing somewhere and not answering his whispers.

If you have any legitimate reasons (read "not nerdrage for being undercut when charging higher prices than people are willing to pay") to believe someone is botting (and no, not being good at English doesn't automatically make that person Chinese), then make a ticket, and Blizz will investigate.

But simply undercutting is not a reason to be banned.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sobolanul
    If that is a bot, why to report? place a single piece for 2 copper than buy all that they put for 1 copper (you said they will undercut everything in less than a minute).

Profit
    could be mad fun :-)
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Fogot 2 mention that prospecting 500+ stacks of ore is so much funn
    I play Warriors. Gief buffs )

Deleted

Indeed, the reading comprehension here is beyond primairy school level...

Should it be an automated process (Read: 3th party software) then it surely is a bannable offense. The fast they are online 12 hours straight every day without going AFK makes me suggest it is indeed scripted.

My best advice: Talk to a GM about your concerns.
    They will look into it. Trust me.

And if it appears to be a player, no harm is done.