Best caster professions is

Fast lvled my Mage to 80 without lvling profession. Going for a mix of raiding/pvping and I am sure there would be a good combo of professions that would fit these roles. No alts whatever, don't bother lvling another. Give your oppinions, why shall I chose exsactly that profeszion? Atm considering jc/tailoring and jc/enchanting.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Best caster professions is

I'm making a disc priest for arena with a friend and ok, between us, we have every profession covered on our other chars, but for the priest, I'm going skinning - I know its useless for the actual leather but when its maxed, I will get a crit passive for this and I'm also going enchanting for the 19 sp dam on rings.

Both the sp dam on rings and the crit passive is being increased in 3.2.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Tailoring. This is your first choice. Tailoring is OP right now, the proc is insane. It's at least 60 dps above the other professions for PVE.

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are both viable options. So are alchemy (getting PVP buffed with Flask of the North in 3.2), Leatherworking (Bracer enchants) and Inscription (shoulder enchants). Of those, which you choose is up to you. I would say enchanting though, because of disenchanting.

So definitely tailoring. That's the only 100% definite one. The other is your choice

Chronik

inscrption/tailoring? but thats my 2 cents

Tailoring and JC
    expensive way, but best choice!
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

There really isn't any professions that are the "must have" anymore, Blizzard have pretty much changed all of that. If you really want to check min/max stats i can't really provide any numbers but if you come across some intresting page yourself you will probably notice that the differences are very small if any.
    Every profession comes with a single special that is for the profession only, enchanting is rings, LW is bracers, BS is 2 extra gemslots, JC is the "super gems" (which will recive a slight "nerf" in 3.2), Tailoring its the cloak enchants, engineering its the gadgets (which actually is starting to look viable for PvE asw) and inscription its superior shoulder enchants.

Point for point i would say that its not that much of a difference, tailoring uses a procbased enchant though and have an internal cd of (i think) 45 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Perhaps we should make a sticky for this kind of question.... it's getting silly how often this "question" is showing up...

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Perhaps we should make a sticky for this kind of question.... it's getting silly how often this "question" is showing up...
    Couldn't agree more , came here to say so.
    Why Not ^^