Quick PTR Question

Before I left for work this morning, I tried to jump on the PTR. So I get to the login screen and all that good shit and it needed to patch. So I said yea thats fine, made breakfast ate came back, tried to log in again. It seems like its trying to download the same patch over and over again even when it shows that its already in the wow PTR folder. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Re: Quick PTR Question

You've missed nothing other than the fact that the PTRs aren't live yet.
    <Insert flashy sig showing gear I don't have here>

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Arthastewart

Quote Originally Posted by Sporatik
    You've missed nothing other than the fact that the PTRs aren't live yet.
    Yea I didnt have time this morning to really research that, I knew it had to be something to do with either them not being up or a patch wasnt released yet. Oh well thanks for clearing that up.

They are live, I was on PTR last night on a premade druid and rogue

Well people are saying they are up, and people are saying they are down. My question was the fact that it keeps trying to DL the same patch. Like it says it finishes, then I go to log in and it starts downloading again. Any answer for this?

i had similar issue today. it turned out that i was running out of HD space while patching. error must have disappeared before i cam back to the pc so i thought patching was succesful. also it seems that u need more HD space than 3,5 GB. when i cleaned up another 1GB (up to 4.5GB) patching finally managed to finish.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    i had similar issue today. it turned out that i was running out of HD space while patching. error must have disappeared before i cam back to the pc so i thought patching was succesful. also it seems that u need more HD space than 3,5 GB. when i cleaned up another 1GB (up to 4.5GB) patching finally managed to finish.
    I should have enough though thats weird, Ill try that I guess when I get home.

well just watch it installing patch. make sure u see what happens in the end. normally after patching is complete u should see some info that it was successful. if not then there should be some error message (which apparently vanishes after some time)
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

The best place for this question is on the Official Test Realm Forum (whichever version is appropriate for your location/account). The blues there actually will respond to your issues and/or forward you to the correct FAQ (or in the worst cases, politely explain that you're screwed).

The link to the PTR forum is located on the front page of whichever regional official site you use, from the same popout menu as the other PTR options.

well they wont be able to give any feedback right now. clearly patch doesnt install for u. without some error message they are unable to tell whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    well just watch it installing patch. make sure u see what happens in the end. normally after patching is complete u should see some info that it was successful. if not then there should be some error message (which apparently vanishes after some time)
    Well thats the thing, there is no error message. If I go to the wow ptr folder it shows the patch being there. Is it possible I put it in the wrong folder and its not recognizing that its there?

well in my case patch.mpq didnt appear in data folder. after every unsuccessful installation nothing was changed.

correctly patched ptr client takes 15.4 GB

if ur installation failed it should take only around 11.5 GB

if the folder was wrong then patching prolly wouldnt even start

Im going to mess around with it a little more, but its just weird that it shows the patch being there in the folder, and tries to download again without letting me play.

which patch is in the folder? do you mean patch.mpq in data folder or WoW-0.2.0-enGB-patch.exe file in main folder?

Ill have to look when I get home Im at work right now, and its boring as fuck.

I had the same problem, heres what I did. Instead of loading regular wow and then going to the PTR go to the PTR folder on ur computer then load the Launcher, looks like the Wow.exe it will load ur 3.2 PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Ephanos
    I had the same problem, heres what I did. Instead of loading regular wow and then going to the PTR go to the PTR folder on ur computer then load the Launcher, looks like the Wow.exe it will load ur 3.2 PTR
    I will try that when I get home although I think thats what I did.