holy pally/DK vs. Lock/Priest

How to play against this setup?

I played against this setup in Orgrimmar Arena and I dont know what I could do to dodge the manaburn after some minutes I went oom and we lost this game..

so any ideas what i cpuld do better? :O

Re: holy pally/DK vs. Lock/Priest

go prot.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cogulol

I played against this setup in Orgrimmar Arena and I dont know what I could do to dodge the manaburn after some minutes I went oom and we lost this game..

More dodge rating ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Cogulol

I saw this DK/paladin asking for help... Just kill whats closest and you'll get gladiator its hard setup, yo.

I have a full furious ret pally that sadly quit at 2250 with my druid in twos half way threw the season, other than that im full hateful deadly/furious holy. I just carried a dk to 1850 who played on a laptop, had no mouse, used two piece hateful and demise, and had not steped foot in an arena all season. If you are not winning consistantly with that comp you are legally retarded or have downs.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

The people who claim Holy/DK or 3s cleave are faceroll, are just playing on trash servers so you can ignore that.

Priest/Lock keeps the DK perma-feared. It's a mana fight but also a pet fight.

From the perspective of a prepared holy pally, you should have a turn-evil glyph to give you an edge against pets (primarily warlocks) but this is the only fight where a cleanse glyph comes in handy, so you wont have that. Kings yourself and the DK, might the ghoul.

Shadow resistance aura when you see the makeup.

The fight should start on the DK bursting the lock with his ghoul stun (your DK should have a macro). The fel pet will come at the pally and should eat a fear as well as a shock. Because the holy pally should be trying to hide and cleansing, the DK will eat a fear or 2 (depending on if you cleanse) at this point. DK Switch to the pet and kill it. Cleanse cleanse cleanse. The priest will periodically close on the DK (and the pally if nearby) to aoe fear. Need to make sure you avoid that. The lock and priest will be trying to LOS the DK to bring you together.

Sacred Shield is very important, FoL is mana efficient (not shock). The lock will run out of mana first. It's important that the DK maximize his health regen over damage until the priest is low on mana. DK may switch to priest to get him to trinket in preparation for a garg pop/killstrike. DK calls for killstrike on lock (eventually), you need to use the Hammer on the lock/priest to get the priest to burn through any mana/cds he has left (although he probably wont be able to catch up) and that's the end for them.

High crit is the staple for Paladin mana conservation in PvP right now. Dont waste on shock/beacon unless absolutely necessary.