Poll: How bad are shaman from a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being good and 5 being very very shitty

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How bad are shaman in arena.

I wanna now how shitty shaman are to other ppls eyes.

Re: How bad are shaman in arena.

all depends on what spec you're talking about. I see restos w/ their furious weapons/shoulders all the time on my server. Ele is a bit more rare but i see a few on occasion. I've never seen enhance.. unless it's one of the above who just went back and got their enh pvp weps.. that's about it though.
    Always check links before clicking

Shamys arent rly suck, they just req good skill and good team8s, then they rock ;D (any spec)

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Shamys arent rly suck, they just req good skill and good team8s, then they rock ;D (any spec)
    That's exactly when people call a class sucky these days. ''You need skill and a good teamm8''. :P

EDIT: Anyway, I wouldn't call them sucky. Resto is kinda fine but they require heck alot more skills then other classes like...bah guess everyone knows :P

Enh on the other hand, is just screwed for PvP
    Ele can do a fine job, but they still need some buffs

Overall, they're for sure UP and underrepresented and need some love. But extremely sucky? Nah..

Maybe i'm partial because resto shaman give my druid problems, but i'm really not sure what all the crying is about. In 2v2 resto shaman are the only teams we don't want to see because my dps can't kill them and they purge everything and never go oom.

Very easy to beat (unholy DK PoV) cept when im not paying attention and i get a 7k lava burst up my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    That's exactly when people call a class sucky these days. ''You need skill and a good teamm8''. :P

EDIT: Anyway, I wouldn't call them sucky. Resto is kinda fine but they require heck alot more skills then other classes like...bah guess everyone knows :P

Enh on the other hand, is just screwed for PvP
    Ele can do a fine job, but they still need some buffs

Overall, they're for sure UP and underrepresented and need some love. But extremely sucky? Nah..
    they suck because they require skill and a teammate when other classes dont, making them an UP class, yes.

also, they go oom fast and die to any interrupts/stuns

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

The thing about shamans is that if you're resto, you're going to be the first healer oom. Not to mention that we have to have Earth shield on a target to even have a chance to heal through an MS effect.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

overall resto shaman are the worst pvp healers, ele is not as good as a mage or lock or hunter, and enhance is probably the worst melee pvp class (though I have seen some crazy 2v2s against 2 enh shaman that cannot be stopped with 4 wolves out).

That said, you can still be good with them and get over 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by FieldEffect

That said, you can still be good with them and get over 2k.
    Only if your partner is really good

Quote Originally Posted by Balewulf
    Maybe i'm partial because resto shaman give my druid problems, but i'm really not sure what all the crying is about. In 2v2 resto shaman are the only teams we don't want to see because my dps can't kill them and they purge everything and never go oom.
    I read this seriously until you said shaman never go oom... i lol'd. You are abviously very bad and hav eno idea what your talking about.

Only elemental and enhancement are shitty as hell becuase you cannot get away from anybody ever, unless were taking top of the mountain punting. Any flat bords and you die. And what is an enhancment shamen but a realy shitty DK.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    ... and enhancement are shitty as hell becuase you cannot get away from anybody ever ...
    hm wtf are enh shamy doing if he cant get away out of combat?  ??? we got power tools for it (wolfes, earthbind, frost shock, sometimes even hex and fire nova stun and if talented slow reducton ah and ofc - frostband proc)  : IMHO its one of the "core" things (2nd - how to use /focus ) that any shamy need to know - how and when he need to get out of his target and get a break - only this can save urs ass from getting killed by every class who have some slow like DK, rog, warr, hunt,mage ... run away and frost shock then run more away and bandage or what else u need - that enh shamy need in 70% of fights, in other 30% he need "oh shit" button  :P

P.S. im not trying to tell that shamy are good as anyother melee but imrlyconfused if some1 name here such problens as slow...stun can (and is) a problem but slow cant be problem for enh...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Elemental has pretty decent burst, but it is easy as hell to LoS therefore elemental is useless in 4/5 of the arenas.
    Enhance is somewhat decent if you know how to play, however the burst damage as well as sustained dps is nowhere close to where it should be. But now that they can spam earth shock/purge 24/7 without going oom makes them somewhat viable offensively, however, their dps needs a boost.
    Resto is pretty good for arenas, I don't think I have to go over this one.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

resto is half decent these days. altho it seems to me they run out of mana pretty quickly, at least my shaman does in 3s (ret/disc/resto comp). in 2s (yes i know that nothing can be balanced by talking about 2v2) its pretty difficult for my comp to beat a resto shammy/dps team, just because they are pretty hard to burst with earth sheild + heals, and mail.

pvp as ele or enhance is like pvp on a fire mage, its just not supposed to happen, and immature shaman players that keep pushing for it to happen just cause they want to hit stuff and cant get high ratings with resto give the class a bad image. Skilled pvp shamans (that means resto) have cool mechanics, and are very fun, and powerful.

^ damn dude get a grip, there are many enhance shamans and elemental shamans out there doing great

today i was fighting 2/2 with my druid friend. me as mm hunter, he restoration. We got luck to fight 4 elemental shamans, and i must say, 2 of them were pretty bad, no fakecast or so, just standing there and hoping for nuke...But there was this german troll shaman, he owned us so hard, ofc he got furious shoudlers, but still, he was faking casts, kiting us arround, playing totems a lot. So its depends from player.

yea but they are rare, and have a comp built around protecting them. mad respect to the high rated ele and enhance shamans out there. Im sure there are a few high rated fire mages aswell, its just unorthodox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauradon
    I wanna now how shitty shaman are to other ppls eyes.
    Rofl you do know the pull isnt a scale from 1-5?