Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 or 25? What's Your Opinion?

Hello there.

Now I'm liking Ulduar a lot, it's great fun and some fights are a bit challenging.

What I'm noticing is that I'm tending to like our 10man runs a lot more enjoyable than the 25man.
    We have all the elite players from the Guild in this small group which gets shit done, fast, really fast, while still having a lot of fun and joking around...
    There tends to be less screw-ups and it's more of a compact group that just works toward Glory of the Ulduar Raider each week and there aren't as many silly mistakes such as someone not realising they are brain linked with another player on Yogg-Saron or getting hit by Lightning on Thorim - Hardmode.

What's your opinion on this?
    Do you prefer 10man with all your closest WoW Guild-Mates, or do you enjoy the large amount of players in a 25 Man Raid...?

Re: 10 or 25? What's Your Opinion?

I much prefer 10 man, 25 just to many people with opinions and stuff... 40 was even worse tho lol
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

They each have their pros and cons.

In the 25mans I can focus more on my primary role (Elemental Shaman here) of dps instead of having to occasionally help heal someone or provide a specific totem that buffs the raid but nerfs my own performance because there's not someone else to cover that buff. A single mistake(read: Death) is usually more easily recovered from, and it just feels more like a complete raid and the encounters feel like they're being done the way they're intended, with 10mans being almost a sidenote.

All of that said, the things that I dislike about 25man raiding as compared to 10man have their own merits. In a 10man, there are going to be fewer of the "just barely good enough to scrape by" types that tend to drag down a 25man raid, you know the type, the ones that never quite make it away from the lightning charge, or just cant quite spot the death rune in time(though I must say, just did IC hardmode on 10man tonight, what a blast that fight is.) There are fewer instances of having to wait for extended periods of time for that one person to come back from an emergency afk, and with fewer people in the raid in general that are going to be fewer personality conflicts and arguements. Basically, anything related to the inherent stupidity of 95% of the wow playerbase can be turned into a reason 10mans are great, since there's fewer of said retards in the raid.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10 man is more fun during the raid itself. 25 man is more fun when the loot drops.
    /Zetsumei

Well summed up Tiger.

I'm also an Elemental Shaman (And loving it).
    I also enjoyed IC Hardmode.

In 10 Man, I know the players I am with will pull their weight.
    For example on Hodir Hardmode 25man there will be a few slackers that will lack behind in the DPS which will cost the achievement, however in 10man everyone will be at the top of their game and we will get the achievement with ease.

Preference I suppose.

What are other people's opinions?

I love the comradery that comes with 10 mans and the fun that happens. Also its alot easier to start and there are alot less issues like fighting, waiting for them to get there, morons and the usul stuff.

Only thing I like from the 25 mans is better loot. Other than that I'd rather do 10 mans forever.

i started to prefer 10man as well. we took people that liked to play together(who happens to be some of the best player of the guild) and we know nobody will fuck up (shit happens of course).

problem is hard mode are easier since we mostly have 25man gear so i guess its more fun that way (we knocked 3 new hard mode in 1 night (about 5-6 try each) but still we would probably be able to do them once geared in all 219 anyway.

25man are fun for the better gear and just the massive amount of spell effect happening, but you have all those people that either suck ( STILL running into green clouds....) or are just not doing their best.

but 10man are fun cause i KNOW we will get those hard mode down, while in 25, i know we never will or at least it will take a while.

also we had lot of drama because of 25man (we were competing for the 3rd first guild to beat yogg more than a month ago and than shit hit the fan and we kicked 3-4 player because they started being total jerk,) that and attendance. since wrath, i don't thing we ever had the same 25people in the raid 2 night in a row (there's only like 5-6 people left from tbc roster which was a lot more mature)

so i find that 10man are a lot more fun/simple

I prefer 10 man anything over 25 man.

Less stupid people to manage, and my comp gets much better fps

15+ Year Old Account

I'll agree on the 10 man being more fun than 25.

10 MAN ALL THE WAY!!!!

My 10 Man group just got Firefighter the day before the nerf and did One Light In The Darkness the same day. We were happy to add a 3rd "raiding" Proto-Drake to our collections. Don't really expect to the the 25 Man ones this time around.

For some reason i agree with the 10 mans, i enjoy it more then 25-man.

We had a 3% wipe on yogg+1 last night, was really fun. To bad the other healer was oneshotted in the beginnig of P3, so i was the only healer left <-- Disc Priest

Loved the Freya Hard Mode in 10 man, really well designed fight. (Sarth+3D still my favourite tho )

I feel like it gets more "personal" in 10 mans, ppl tend to have more focus.

But keep in mind, we are running 10 mans with ful 25 man gear. so we are a bit overgeared.

me and some friends only do 10 man ulduar and were all close friends IRL, so its really fun and a lot less stressful than 25 mans. I recently quit my old guild to join them and its just so much more fun, It doesn't feel like work and I don't have the urge to lie and say that im busy or something when i just wanna get home and relax, and not raid.

25 mans have better rewards, but 10 mans are a lot more fun. Im glad their adding a 10 man heroic to Argent Coliseum, as people just kind of see the number one 10 man guild on the server and just kind of scoff it off and not care.

Birdman

10 man is fun and the hard modes actually have good loot.

I really enjoy both 10 and 25 man.

Speedy conslusion = We love 10 mans and have fun in them but we want the rewards from 25 mans.

Simple answer = BLIZZARD IS FORCING US TO DO THEIR CRAPPY 25 MANS FOR GOOD GEAR! WE MUST REVOLT!!!!! REVOLUTION!!!!!

/equip [Tin Foil Hat of Paranoia]

10 man.

I have some old comrades from other MMOs, and not of them like WoW as game, so here we were barely able to gather somehow skilled people for 10 man.

Also, in 10 man, as already said - lesser "afk", lesser "oh sh.." situations. For all of my raiders I can say that i can count on them.

(Static raid) practice makes (wins) perfect.

Deleted

10 with closer friends > 25man zergfest any day.

10 mans are more fun cos there's less dullards wiping you.

15+ Year Old Account

the only real challenge in 10m was firefighter(we did that 1 last night). the others where all easy to do for us. rather do the 25m, which still are kinda challenging. mostly due to ppl failing -.-"

Everyone enjoys a raid when:
    a. They know the raid members better.
    b. The raid has a high success rate.

10man > 25man as far as the above two conditions are concerned. People in 25m raiding guilds clear the 10m stuff even faster and usually have a close knit 10m group.

25m raid lack at (a) for obvious reasons. And to achieve a very high success rate on a 25m raid is a very difficult task. You need equally dedicated/focused/skilled raiders.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Kasanagi