Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 10 or 25? What's Your Opinion?

10 man > 25 man

Pretty much the same reasons as everyone else! Having to carry people through 25 man content etc.

Imo, they should make more 5 man content that scales with gear and gets harder

i really like the atmosphere in 25man but also in 10man. since im a semi-raidleader the 10mans are better organizable than the 25man. but me, as elemental shaman 10man is much more challanging.
    yes the damage is lower, but you have to support much more and think fast and do the right thing.

we run 10man with 1shaman healer and a paladin. with me switch to heal ob some encounters like IC hard and freya hard. i know thats not the best healer setup, but we only got mimiron and yogg hardmode left so i guess we make something out of it.

25mans are enjoayable if its a good lineup. yesterday we wiped @ kologarn that was a damn bad raid. in 10man you just feel much more useful than in 25man. however the hardmodes feel better in 25man.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

It depends on my role:
    Healing - 25 man. It's just so much more hectic and harder to decide what to do and who to heal
    Tank or DPS - 10 man, for the reasons above. Tanking is pretty much the same in 25 and 10 (MT i mean) besides 25 requiring you to be quicker on your feet for CDs (though i feel like 10 man is more dependant on tanks using their CDs properly cause there are less people to cover your mistakes). DPSing feels the same to me, even though 25 is fun for the bigger numbers on occasion.
    It all comes down to the relationships and having a much better time with friends in 10.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    10 with closer friends > 25man zergfest any day.
    But...but...windowlickers are the best. Especially when you can carry 5-7-ish in 25 man !

/sarcasmoff - Not about the carrying part though.

You can't hide in a 10 man. If you're bad, people are going to find out. Everyone can see you, if you can't do your job then no one will make up for you, and you can learn much easier.

I don't like the 10 man versions of 25 man raids. I'm still begging for something of equal quality of ZA, not an instance where you can learn the fights on a 10 man and then go walk through the 25 man. ZA was a challenge when it first came out and remained a challenge until you could get the bear mount.

10 mans feel like a practice or scrimmage. It's fun, but I feel left wanting more.

10mans are the best if u got bunch of friends etc with ya, u can laugh. talk storries etc :P. But i feel like its little 2easy, even the hardmodes

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei
    10 man is more fun during the raid itself. 25 man is more fun when the loot drops.
    ^this
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    You can't hide in a 10 man. If you're bad, people are going to find out. Everyone can see you, if you can't do your job then no one will make up for you, and you can learn much easier.

I don't like the 10 man versions of 25 man raids. I'm still begging for something of equal quality of ZA, not an instance where you can learn the fights on a 10 man and then go walk through the 25 man. ZA was a challenge when it first came out and remained a challenge until you could get the bear mount.

10 mans feel like a practice or scrimmage. It's fun, but I feel left wanting more.
    ^this

Also another thing is that with a 25man guild, there's going to be people left out of 10mans. And even if you can get four groups going, some of the groups are going to suffer. We run with three, a hardmode group, a clear group and a learning group. We lack the people to even try and run a fourth group.

And yes, most guilds are going to be carrying some people in 25mans. But we don't attempt 25man hardmodes but most of us enjoy raiding together. Except for that one guy that just can't shut up in vent and talks about his whole life story.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

actually i like 25 men more. why?
    *it has a more epic feeling to down a boss with 25 then with 10; 10 men naxx for example feels empty in my opinion.
    *classes can really shine out in their specific roles in 25 men raids
    *you feel and are more powerfull (more buffs)
    *25 men is harder then 10 men when ran in 25 men gear. (unless you run 10 men ulduar in the appropriate gear, not ulduar 25 gear)
    *it feels like a bigger accomplishment to down a boss in heroic compared to 10 men. (who cared about ulduar 10 world first? or ZA world first?)

i hate 10 man in 25 men guilds because of the drama it brings. no matter how hard you try there is ALWAYS a good and a bad 10 men group in your guild. and the people who are not in the good group are treated like the "scrubs" of the guild.

Conerning hardmodes, I definetely prefer 10 mans. Much more enjoyable and most of the hard achievements seem well tuned considering, and my guild doesn't require 10 mans so it is completely optional. Twenty five man gear is way better of course, and I'm sure it would be more enjoyable if everyone was on the ball with things like our 10 man group is.

I find 10 man a little boring. 25 man is good because our guild has a tight-knit raidgroup, (although not as great as it was in TBC ). However a 10 man with your best friends in the guild who are good at playing is always the best.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı