Glyph of Seal of Command?

Okay, so everyone's drooling over the new Vengeance/Corruption, and how much damage it can dish out with 5 stacks and 33%, but then your mana pool runs dry in... 4 minutes (Post nerf Replenishment and Judgement of the Wise?).

Realistically, I can see using it on a fight like Patchwerk or Ignis, where it's not that long of a fight, but what about the ones that are? Lesser DPS but having a mana pool can result in longer sustained dps (thus higher numbers overall)... or is that just messing with people's heads?

Before the "OMG KEL SAYS DO LESS DPS", 3% more damage per swing in exchange for a DoT... just a thought to bring up that Judging (glyphed) Command gives 8% base mana. Nothing great, but over a long fight it definitely contributes.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: Glyph of Seal of Command?

Could you not just seal switch? Its only pve, just switch to command or wisdom and regain some mana when your low on it while still having 5 stacks of the dot up for a while.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Could you not just seal switch? Its only pve, just switch to command or wisdom and regain some mana when your low on it while still having 5 stacks of the dot up for a while.
    Just use Wisdom, if you had to: If you glyph for command and use SoVeng 90% of the time, its just a waste of a Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Just use Wisdom, if you had to: If you glyph for command and use SoVeng 90% of the time, its just a waste of a Major.
    So lemme get this straight, 90% of fights are shorter than 4.5 minutes?

Switching to Wisdom and then back to Vengeance costs mana too, and you'd have to keep it up to make sure you stop losing out on your 5 stacks?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

use a mana pot for another 4 minutes?

it's a ptr, more then likely they will reduce the mana usage of CS by 1/3rd since they reduced the cooldown by 1/3rd

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    So lemme get this straight, 90% of fights are shorter than 4.5 minutes?

Switching to Wisdom and then back to Vengeance costs mana too, and you'd have to keep it up to make sure you stop losing out on your 5 stacks?
    You could also just avoid using Consecration when under 30% mana.

Also, Command procs don't crit for 66% weapon damage

Of course, you realize that past history shows that they will probably fix the mana issues before the patch goes live, probably by appropriately reducing Crusader strike cost, especially considering that it's only the first PTR version, and they want SoV to be the PvE seal and SoC to be the PvP seal, and have said in the past that Ret shouldn't be running out of mana like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    Of course, you realize that past history shows that they will probably fix the mana issues before the patch goes live, probably by appropriately reducing Crusader strike cost.
    Yes.

But in the long run, I could like to see us have an increased mana pool, in the form of an STR > Int conversion talent.... possibly make seal hits generate 1% base mana as well each time they land. I already submitted it as a "Suggestion" for Blizzard and posted it on the PTR forums :P

Yes.

But in the long run, I could like to see us have an increased mana pool, in the form of an STR > Int conversion talent.... possibly make seal hits generate 1% base mana as well each time they land. I already submitted it as a "Suggestion" for Blizzard and posted it on the PTR forums :P
    I doubt that a larger mana pool will happen. The base pool was the cost for us to be able to do such damage to begin with as it lowers our old utility quite a bit. I don't think they really want us to be able to suddenly switch from doing damage to spam healing for long periods of time without worry like we used to be able to do before WotLK in the event that a healer goes down our whatever.

They removed the need for increased mana so you would be able to share gear with warriors and deathknights.. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    They removed the need for increased mana so you would be able to share gear with warriors and deathknights.. That's all.
    yes i do really hated it..but it would be awsome if blizz input INT into the plate dps gear that only ret pallies can see and effect them only...like feral druid able to see the ap given from their weapon that non other can see...but i doubt it that they will do that, ret pallies will end up with too much mana

Kel, don't you see? 3% increased damage is nothing on hit compared to:

A. Higher judgement hits with vengeance
    B. The new glyph granting 200 strength on dot tick!!
    C. the dot plus the 33% increased on hit is better because there's such thing as dodge/miss/parry and the dot is a FOR SURE thing.

I agree they will address mana issues but the people saying veng being pvE and SoC being pvp is ignorant think about burst people, stack 5 vengeance and then switch to command to burst that healer bitch and exor when it pops.
    Not to mention, i WOULD NOT use vengeance on trash because simply you cannot stack 5 dots by the time it's dead.

Not trying to flame, just stating ideas, if you think i'm wrong message me in a calm matter and i'll retract statements if you make me agree with you.

Btw with judgement of light being 2% flat number now, holy pallys can do it, fuck judging anything but wisdom if we're having mana issues.

I havent seen this yet, maybe I missed it, but how does SoR w/ the talents (and maybe glyph) compare to SoC for trash?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    I doubt that a larger mana pool will happen. The base pool was the cost for us to be able to do such damage to begin with as it lowers our old utility quite a bit. I don't think they really want us to be able to suddenly switch from doing damage to spam healing for long periods of time without worry like we used to be able to do before WotLK in the event that a healer goes down our whatever.
    Oh..... you mean like Enhancement shaman can?

Quote Originally Posted by Volly
    yes i do really hated it..but it would be awsome if blizz input INT into the plate dps gear that only ret pallies can see and effect them only...like feral druid able to see the ap given from their weapon that non other can see...but i doubt it that they will do that, ret pallies will end up with too much mana
    No thee is a difference. Druids gain DPS from weapons that other classes can still use; In a way its not exactly "their own gear". Easiest way is a STR > INT conversion.

^
    though to be fair shaman heals cost a lot more mana, but i don't want a 12k mana pool. 8 or 9k would be grand.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Yes, they can, for several reasons.

1. They wear mail.
    2. They don't have lay on hands.
    3. They don't have divine shield.

and most importantly

4. They haven't been the subject of massive amounts of complaining from others over being able to somewhat sustainably do more than what their spec is intended for.