Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Nitroxide

Prot healing 3.2

Hey there,

I started to play prot specced healing about a week ago before the buffs were announced and i can say that it is such a nice change from deep holy.Using more defensive abilities for an advantage instead of just healing makes it more interesting to me and the thought of it being nerfed to the ground scares me.

Blizzard don't like clever use of mechanics if it overtakes what something else is for, e.g prot being better than holy.Now of course they have contradicted them selves because they first stated prot healing was okay as long as it doesn't overtake holy, so what do they do? They give a drastic buff (not as amazing in PVE but still nice) to prot,increasing its viability as a defensive healing spec.

I like the buff don't get me wrong, i just want the spec available and not nerfed to the ground.I also realize that PTr has only just begun with all the testing however it is clear one change will lead to another knowing blizz.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Prot healing 3.2

By Prot healing I assume you mean 28/43/0 for touched by the light. I wouldn't worry about it getting nerfed as you miss out on Holy Shock, Judgements of the Pure, and Beacon in order to go that deep into prot. Not a trade-off many are willing to take.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Nitroxide

Quote Originally Posted by Quelana
    By Prot healing I assume you mean 28/43/0 for touched by the light. I wouldn't worry about it getting nerfed as you miss out on Holy Shock, Judgements of the Pure, and Beacon in order to go that deep into prot. Not a trade-off many are willing to take.
    Yeah although i would use a different variation of the spec :P

Also yeah it is a trade off and i hope blizz see that, but i see the spec is getting more popular.

15+ Year Old Account

The question is how does the illumination changes affect Prot Healing
    :3

Illumination won't affect prot healing nearly as much: Prot healing was built around Flash of Light spam and therefore isn't nearly as mana-intensive, nor was its mana return reliant on crits as much as a typical Holy Light build.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbak
    The question is how does the illumination changes affect Prot Healing
    Considering how awsome the hot is going to be with 9k fol-crits i doubt it will be a problem to Divine Plea abit more then normally.

My healer go all way silence and 20 sec CD on HoJ

20/51/0 is the way to go.

Nitroxide

Quote Originally Posted by Amran20
    Is it worth speccing into HotR ? atm i dont have it in my prot healing build

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0LG0ccZEGzhruMGcch

I don't see why anybody would want to go deeper than 43 prot to heal...
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Amran20
    If the last point is for HotR its not worht it, u wont do any dmg with it anyway :P

Holyshield for more block, redubt for more block, 20 sec CD on HoJ, Silence on Avanger's Shield
    This is the best 2v2 prot healbuild i say. Mana is no problem, and the 20 sec stun cd is really anoying

Um, utility. You know, that stuff that you use in PvP... Like a stun, a silence, monstrous damage in the form of Avenger's Shield Glyphed.

Edit: Christ, I forgot about having Divine Plea up permanently. Fail more.

People are pvping as a prot healing? I've only ever considered this viable as a pve spec (and even then, not worth the trade off). Pvp healing w/o holy shock + infusion... ew.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

People are pvping as a prot healing? I've only ever considered this viable as a pve spec (and even then, not worth the trade off). Pvp healing w/o holy shock + infusion... ew.
    Holy light crits for 24K. My healer have 2k SP in arena with kings. Yes the specc have its weeknesses. We have a hard time against casters, with a lot of burst, but any melee team we face dont stand a chance

anyone that goes 43 into prot and doesnt go the extra 5 at least to get the avengers shield silence is insane, one of the best parts of the spec.

The spec I linked was pve oriented, didn't notice the OP had intended use for pvp.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Yeah, prot healing, melee classes are crying about it being completely broken OP. You don't use instant spells to heal, you use Sacred Shield and Flashes to keep people up, also, you can use Hand of Sac and Divine Sac to protect your partner, since you're nigh unkillable. You also have that 20 second cooldown stun, and you've got the 3 second silence with like a 7K crit that accompanies said silence.

And yeah, thats understandable. I tried Prot PvE healing, wasn't a fan.

25k hp, 2,6k sp, fols critting for 10k, 30 sec cd silance, 20 secs cd on hoj, never oom.

Apart from the fact that we dont have a intant heal i would like to say this is the strongest pvp-specc in game, no holy shock is what makes us possible to kill.

Sacred shield is insane with this specc.

With the new Blessing Of Sanctuary +10% Stamina Bonus and the Godlike Ardent Defender woot~

People are gonna be really pissed off if that Cooldown goes as it is planned now lulz

Made by myself while I'm bored..