PTR Shamanistic Rage

Looking for some info from people who've been on the PTR. With the cooldown decrease on SR to 1 minute, is it possible to drop Improved Stormstrike (for PVE)?

Thanks in advance!

Re: PTR Shamanistic Rage

And will it have 30%dmg reduce like it does now? twice as often in a cost of halved mana gain from AP comparing to current SR?

you don't need all that! Just use your stoneclaw totem glyph and spam your call of fire (or w/e) ! It doesn't care for CDs on totems <3

If that gets to live I'm gonna rofl
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by trollsdontreroll
    Looking for some info from people who've been on the PTR. With the cooldown decrease on SR to 1 minute, is it possible to drop Improved Stormstrike (for PVE)?

Thanks in advance!
    Cooldown is halved, but so is mana regen. Net effect is zero in terms of PvE efficiency.

15+ Year Old Account

For 25 mans atleast improved stormstrike isn't useful anyway.

And yeah with the new SR the mana regen is really nice so taking improved Stormstrike isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    Cooldown is halved, but so is mana regen. Net effect is zero in terms of PvE efficiency.
    Actually I believe most shamans get way more than a full mana bar out of the current SR in a raid situation. It could be that they still get a full bar or close to it with the regen cut in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

For me on the PTR, I am normally getting a fully bar self with just totems running. There are times that the RNG isn't good to me of course and I end up with about 75% mana. With the shorter cooldown now, perhaps I don't have to wait till I am on fumes to pop it.

Where I see the biggest change for us, is survivability. This does smell like a PvP change, but PvE has had some survivability issues in hard modes. Being able to hit our damage reduction twice as often is huge. This is also along side of gaining a fair chunk of raw health.

actully its a buff to pvp efficiancy

old
    fight starts 0:00
    use SR at 0:30
    use SR at 2:30
    fight ends at 3:00

new
    fight starts 0:00
    SR at 0:30
    SR at 1:30
    SR at 2:30
    fight ends at 3:00

net gain in mana from SR
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

You sir are wrong.

Some1 did tests with PvP gear on and spec like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10026
    or
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10026

do PTR enh have problems with manna in PvP w/o imp.SS ?

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zakka
    You sir are wrong.
    No, I'm not. Ever heard of math? Shamanistic Rage still produces the same amount of mana over time.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

No, I'm not. Ever heard of math? Shamanistic Rage still produces the same amount of mana over time.
    In terms of Math YES

But since we overflow our max mana with SR (the old one)
    The new one should actually provide us with more.

Because you cant go over the max mana bar...right?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    In terms of Math YES

But since we overflow our max mana with SR (the old one)
    The new one should actually provide us with more.

Because you cant go over the max mana bar...right?
    That's a problem of your mana bar, not the spell.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

no, thats a problem of the spell that gives us 100% mana in more or less 3seconds while its not even close to full duration / ending. its fixed now, pve boost and pvp also, me likes.

And that's completely irrelevant, the question was whether you can drop Improved Stormstrike with the new Shamanistic Rage, and as it is now, you should easily fill up your manabar for those 15 sec that Shamanistic Rage is running, even when its effect is halved. This means that you WILL gain more mana during a boss fight even if the number is the same, as your mana bar will be "emptied" inbetween half the effect, which means it wont be vastly overfilled everytime you press Shamanistic Rage.

But ok, if you have a mana bar of around 60k, good for you, most of us don't...

i did some tests on this. as of right now i pop it at almost 0 mana ( 10,600 mana is what i have ) and i get 100% about the time the 15 seconds is over. so imo yes you can get rid of imp SS. however i perfer saving it for times when i need the damage reduction and not just when i need mana. now yes it is a 1 min cd but if you pop it and 30 seconds later run into an arms warrior and you need the 30% you will feel sory you used it. so i perfer to keep SS in my (-PVP-) build so i can save it for the damage reduction more than the mana. but thats just my opinion and the way i was playing on the PTR so you can make your on choices

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

The shorter SR always will produce more mana than it's 2 min CD version.

Less running on fumes and less going over the max of your mana pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Actually this sounds more like a problem with your attack power (since mana return is based on your AP).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.