Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Will Blizz ever address the afk'ers in pvp?

Maybe this will be addressed with the new battleground reward system blizzard keeps talking about where it might not be worth it to /afk in a bg anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral
    what game are you guys talking about and what does afk mean?
    troll of the day award

the problem is that Blizzard cant force you to participate. if you want to stand at the farm or in the AV tunnel, thats your deal and they stick to that policy.

If you get a GM, they will just message the player to see if they are there. If the player responds, case closed.

They could have done 10 dmg and 327 healing for a 45 minute battle but they wont get booted from the BG. Botting they will ban on the spot, but non-participation is simply frowned upon. You would have to be malicious in your AFKing (I dont know how you would do that) to have a GM do anything.

All BG afking is malicious. Lets say you are in WSG and have 4 afkers on your side while there are none on the opposing team. That means the match becomes a 10v6 and an almost impossible win; not to mention negatively effecting the other 6 people on your team that did not afk.

Though it might be extreme to assume 40% of the team /afks, the example still holds at any percentage.

I agree with some kind of system where you rank up, much like WG. But with this rank you gain more honor per rank. Like you rank up from kills, and perhaps if you dont wanna grind you can rank up by completing objectives such as defending/assaulting flags etc.

Perhaps even make it so that you have to get the first rank to even gain honor at all in a BG, it could be rather easy getting it. But you sure wont get it in the AV cave for example.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Edge11
    Its impossible to manually monitor all the BGs at all times, blizzard doesnt have the staff for that.

If this doenst get rid of freeloaders entirely, at least it removes them for an extended amount of time, so you arent doing 40vs15 alterac valley all the time :P
    that's too harsh simply because people will abuse such a nasty debuff to harass people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    this would work
    if you dont enter pvp combat in 5min you get inactive debuff and you personly have to assist in killing 10 ppl before you can receive honor
    what about the defenders? so you have to stop defending and attack if no ally/horde tries to steal your flag/base? ( ab - wsg -eots )

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Part of the problem, as people above have pointed out, is the same reason that getting rated BGs is so hard: it's sometimes difficult to determine whether someone is actively participating or not.

Sure, the guy sitting in the GY or starting area the whole match is AFK... but if someone is defending a node in AB and nobody attacks it, they're still helping the BG out.

... and do you count people fighting on the roads in AB as "helping," or are they just leeching honor (in a MUCH more fun fashion than just sitting around)? Personally, they're just as bad as the cave afkers, imo. (I'm not talking about the occasional skirmish or getting knocked off your mount and defending - I'm talking about the folks that literally spend all BG in the road.)

How about the people in AB that say "just let them win" when the other team is up 500 to 300, with a 3-2 node control? The ones in EotS that go for the flag when we have NO towers? The ones in AV that cap a tower then leave it completely undefended, allowing the other side to retake it without any trouble whatsoever? They're not AFK... but they're also not helping a win.

Personally, since I PUG, I expect to see folks that are less motivated than I am - that's the nature of any anonymous group. I also expect to see a mix of skill/gear levels. I don't care if you got beat by the guy... did you call incoming so someone else could come help?

I just use the report afk on folks that look like they're afking. A few times, I've whispered folks asking if they're actually going to help - sometimes that gets 'em moving. Haven't seen many bots, but I'd consider reporting 'em to a GM, too.