LastLast

Re: paladin's anticlass?

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    Disc Priests - mana burn
    Frost mages
    Warriors
    Oh.

Please.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dædric
    Wrong, very.
    Stop dueling retarded priests.
    Can't be arsed to try to take that off if the priest is good, they have dispell protection and VT hurts, it will take time and the goal is killing them before they kill you, which is not that long and greatly favors the priest as the match goes on due to fear effects.

Should only dispell/holy light when the priest is repentanced or Dispersed, other wise JoL and AoW are your friends.

Good paladins know how to glyph for Salvation and use shadow Aura to try and kill the S.Priest before the 3rd Psychic Scream goes off or you're shit out of luck, by the 4th not even Divine Shield will save your ass.

Actually Priest are one of the things I find an easier kill.. As Prot (Does it matter much?), Because I dispell all the debuffs. They give you less damage if you dispel than you do if you let it full tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

When did priests become kiters??

Quote Originally Posted by Dædric
    Wrong, very.
    Stop dueling retarded priests.
    Can't be arsed to try to take that off if the priest is good, they have dispell protection and VT hurts, it will take time and the goal is killing them before they kill you, which is not that long and greatly favors the priest as the match goes on due to fear effects.

Should only dispell/holy light when the priest is repentanced or Dispersed, other wise JoL and AoW are your friends.

Good paladins know how to glyph for Salvation and use shadow Aura to try and kill the S.Priest before the 3rd Psychic Scream goes off or you're shit out of luck, by the 4th not even Divine Shield will save your ass.
    Actually I play the moderately skilled Shadow Priest. dispelling VT hurts, LMAO, yeah dispelling it hurts, but the damage you take from dispelling it is less than one tick, so you're always better off dispelling it than letting it continue to tick. While some shadow priests may have the 30% dispell protection, most you come across won't considering that the shadow priest is probably currently the absolute worse dps class/spec in arenas of any size, as such most are in a PvE spec or a hybrid PvE-PvP spec wearing PvP gear, and few PvE or hybrid specs have the 30% dispel protection. If you don't dispell my Dot's you'll die by my third Psychic Scream guarunteed. If you dispell my dots the second they come up, it'll take me on the order of 6-7 Psychic Screams before I can kill you. And if you can't kill me in that time, you absolutely suck.

If you let me get my 3 dots up on you, in my PvP gear they'll do up to 20k damage to you before they drop off which means i just have to kite you around until you die or my fear comes back up again. And you think casting cleanse 3-4 times to get them off isn't a beneficial thing, i'd love to duel you any day of the week.

In PvE dots are about 50% of our damage, in PvP dots are about 75% of our damage. This makes any class that can dispel harmful magic effects virtually impossible for a shadow priest to kill unless they're completely retarded.

Disc priest, Frost mage
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Benner
    When did priests become kiters??
    patch 3.4 or maybe 3.5 I'm hoping, as I play a priest.

A GOOD pala doesn't have an anti class.

Good pala can solo 3 people easy.

Pala attempts to go for a flag.

Intercepted by a warrior....pala uses combo 1 2 3 war has died.
    1 sec later attacked by a rogue....1 2 3 rogue has died
    1 sec later mage is shooting spells at pala....pop HOF...1 2 3 mage died

Paladin takes flag.

Any class with a brain.

Good feral druids are a nightmare.

So is a good rogue who resets at every opportunity.

My least favorite people to fight are disc priests and feral druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberus

Paladin takes flag.
    Of course, last time i was jumped by 5 elemental shamans, a multiboxer i think.. and i just went "OH HOLY NUKE" and they all died, i had full hp and the wierd thing was they were kicked off the server.. Luckily its a hidden quest to get the spell but it will be leaked soon..

Paladin takes flag.
    /facepalm

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Paladin takes flag.
    Someones bitter. Must be one of those fail players that Ret is OP against.

Frost mages have always been a bit of a mission to take on. As have Disc priests (esp. in TBC).

Surely resto druid and prot pala are like fire and ice?

A Ret Paladin can be beaten by a Ele. Shaman, if there equally geared in 1v1. Just gotta use your Grounding Totem, and EarthBind root

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys
    blah blah blah
    Mr. moderately good priest.
    While some of that is true, you have it wrong.

If that isn't enough, I duel regularly a priest that is Beastly at shadow and tried all the ways until I found my best.
    Skill is hard to come by and this guy has it.

I'd be glad to duel you and it'd be a breeze compared - Copying my character to the PTR tonight, to the PvP server I'll PM you my name if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    arent there other classes, that instead of not having a anti class, are not a anti class of anything

i mean, what gets slaughtered by a feral druid?
    Feral druids are another anti-class of locks, very similar to rogues when in cat form. As with pallies, I disagree with the people saying locks are a Retadin's anticlass. If a lock gets stuned it's dead.

A paladin's anticlass must be ranged and can kite, without worrying about being stunned. I can imagine hunters being the best at that but it's only theory on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    WoW is not balanced around 1v1.
    WoW is not balanced

Personally I would have to say warlock more so aff but destru works. I hardly ever find myself being killed by a pally often even ones that should looking at gear be able to kill me hardly make a dent all because being able to devour HoJ and rep and pretty much just being able to kite you so well with CoEx (-30% movement speed without a cd) add in UA to make it so you're not just dispelling everything and the pet removing your stun and silencing you to stop you from healing or using HoJ.

PROT paladins (I play one) are completely amazing. In 2 weeks of farming in Scholzar and then random scraps over veins etc the ONLY class that took me down was a better geared prot pally. I had 2/3 other guys on me (ranged and melee) and all have run in terror or died.

There's obviously a difference in BG's/Arena but for general farming etc prot seems to heavilly own. WAAAAAAY more fun than my (t8 geared) rogue at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

DK is our anticlass, seriously. If any DK knows how to play he will kill us easily. He can kite us for example. What do we do then? Blessing of Freedom, but that doesn't mean we get close enough to kill them.

Any DK who knows his class will silence and interrupt us as often as he can. And guess what: He has 2 spells to do that, and neither has any long cooldown. Half of the fight you will be hacking at plate, because you have no spell you can cast. And even if you get some spells at them, a good pvper has anti-magic zone. They also have passive healing.

But to all the people who think pala is all burst ppl down in 3 secs, you're wrong. Any player who is specced/geared for PvP, or even have a little resilience, can survive that burst. And since pala is so OP, why can't we just do a new burst and pwn you? Why aren't rets the highest rated all along if we kill people so fast? Everyone who has played ret pala in arena know it takes skill. And think about how few people you can burst down in 1, 2, 3. That's only undergeared noobs or people with low resilience.

Paladin takes flag.
    So basically what you're saying is your team is always in PvE gear facing a full Furious Paladin?

Gotcha, thanks for sharing.