Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: @ Exodus' "exploited kill" supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Beertje
    What happens? Please tell, as I have no intensions of finding this out, since apparently it's an exploit.
    evade

flammable

Very interesting guys, please keep up the discussion. I would be very interested in hearing if Exodus have used this exploit and I'm dissapointed that they have not yet responded to the claims. One would have expected them to post a message with the kill that a bug was used accidentely or otherwise.

Rules Related to Game Play. Game play is what World of Warcraft is all about, and Blizzard strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Blizzard's in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race. Nonetheless, certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;
    Taken out of the Terms of Use of World of Warcraft,so stealing a buff from a mob you aren't supposed to spellsteal, or use a pet to remove a poison isn't considered a exploit an error?

So point proved Ensidia used an exploit, Exodus used a way to bug the adds right? , its not called cheat its an exploit too, so same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidd
    you brain my friend must be rather small.

I will let you figure out why
    As for the size of my brain one must consider does the size of the brain matters to one's IQ? You must have so much brain you don't know what to do with it right?

Evade lolol

Quote Originally Posted by isavetheday
    Evade lolol
    ok, despawn?

It's not so much that theres pages of mathematical formula prooving you can't do it, more along the lines of attempt it once and realise you will never ever have close to the dps needed. It's as impossible as killing patchwerk naked is, unless you evade bug the adds in P3.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Sloe
    It's not so much that theres pages of mathematical formula prooving you can't do it, more along the lines of attempt it once and realise you will never ever have close to the dps needed. It's as impossible as killing patchwerk naked is, unless you evade bug the adds in P3.
    post of win

This threa di slike 4 pages long and still not a single shred of evidence or a link to anything that says math said its impossible.

Can you do 15k dps on single, switching target over a period of time >30seconds? No, impossible fight.

RIP Paul Gray

More mathy math:
    It's all about P3 obviously, as mentioned the immortals don't die in that phase and if they manage to heal up it's pretty much a wipe since they hit tanks for around 30k when on max hp.

It's mostly about one ability of Yogg where he marks Immortals with a Shadow beacon which lasts 10 secs, after those 10 secs all immortals (and yogg?) within 20y get a buff called Empowering Shadows, healing the add and again everyone in 20 yards for 750k over 20 secs (the adds have ~500k hp in 25man). This is kind of a "double stacking" situation, so you really have to make sure that no other add is in reach when that thing goes off.

In 10man you usually get only one of those marks, so you have one tank who picks up the new immortals and tanks the 0% ones while another tank drags the marked one out every now and then, they don't hit as hard in 10man so the damage can be managed and you also don't need nearly as much dps on the adds so you can focus a lot on Yogg and kill him before the adds overwhelm.

In 25man you not only have a much higher dps pressure but you can also get up to 5 (!) marks on immortals. What would you do about that? Use 6 tanks? Then you won't make it dps wise, so at least one tank will have to taunt 2 marked immortals and since they heal each other you cannot prevent full hp. 2 full hp adds that are not getting dpsed on one tank = dead tank. Of course we're not even talking about actually getting those 5 adds down to 0% again while dpsing new adds and of course killing yogg in the mean time.

Maybe someone has done the mathematics and I'm pretty sure they would say it's impossible, but just looking at that you will understand that it can't be done at this point.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by isavetheday
    on p3 take the adds to yogg, wait for knockback. see what happens then
    Why not just tell us? Or better yet, make a video?

Quote Originally Posted by flammable
    Very interesting guys, please keep up the discussion. I would be very interested in hearing if Exodus have used this exploit and I'm dissapointed that they have not yet responded to the claims. One would have expected them to post a message with the kill that a bug was used accidentely or otherwise.
    Any publicity is good publicity. Funny how fanboys on both sides of the fence are propelling this solid, but far from extraordinary guild into super notoriety.

They're looking for sponsors, this helps attract attention for that endeavour. The longer they can keep a lid on it the better for them.

Okay I'll give everyone your math breakdown, but you'll physically need a calculator on-hand to perform these operations and reveal the accurate final result:
    First press "5", followed by "80", and finish with a "08"; once you've done that, without pressing any buttons beyond the aforementioned numbers, turn your calculator upside down and you'll have your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by skypunk_lx
    Taken out of the Terms of Use of World of Warcraft,so stealing a buff from a mob you aren't supposed to spellsteal, or use a pet to remove a poison isn't considered a exploit an error?

So point proved Ensidia used an exploit, Exodus used a way to bug the adds right? , its not called cheat its an exploit too, so same thing.

As for the size of my brain one must consider does the size of the brain matters to one's IQ? You must have so much brain you don't know what to do with it right?
    Except buffs are tagged as spellstealable or not on creation by the designers....and so does the aggro/reset range of said mob.Ensidia took mobs from another room,got it to Hodir and spellstole buffs that,hold it, were MADE spellstealable BY DESIGN! Not to mention the fact that they did that after Blizzard pulled a complete WTF move by buffing the Achievement timer after some U.S. guild had allready DONE the fuckin' encounter on a normal timer!On a boss that is required from top-end progression (getting to and killing Algalon).

Call me an Ensidia fan-boy or not,fact remains that Blizzard fucked up pretty nasty on Hodir (which is why they also nerfed the timer back to the original 3 minutes soon after Ensidia went hippie on Hodir) and they apparently fucked up pretty nasty on Yogg+0 as well.I believe Exodus did exploit (its an opinion,not a fact asshats) but even if they did Blizzard isn't going to take action against them for the purpose of saving face.

As for the math,you don't need Ensidia,EJ or anyone else to understand it or for them to show it to you.Learn the encounter,learn how that phase works and understand why the dps requirement and hence the math make this fight impossible unless exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorekka
    Okay I'll give everyone your math breakdown, but you'll physically need a calculator on-hand to perform these operations and reveal the accurate final result:
    First press "5", followed by "80", and finish with a "08"; once you've done that, without pressing any buttons beyond the aforementioned numbers, turn your calculator upside down and you'll have your answer.
    w
    i
    n

Quote Originally Posted by Sloe
    More mathy math:
    It's all about P3 obviously, as mentioned the immortals don't die in that phase and if they manage to heal up it's pretty much a wipe since they hit tanks for around 30k when on max hp.

It's mostly about one ability of Yogg where he marks Immortals with a Shadow beacon which lasts 10 secs, after those 10 secs all immortals (and yogg?) within 20y get a buff called Empowering Shadows, healing the add and again everyone in 20 yards for 750k over 20 secs (the adds have ~500k hp in 25man). This is kind of a "double stacking" situation, so you really have to make sure that no other add is in reach when that thing goes off.

In 10man you usually get only one of those marks, so you have one tank who picks up the new immortals and tanks the 0% ones while another tank drags the marked one out every now and then, they don't hit as hard in 10man so the damage can be managed and you also don't need nearly as much dps on the adds so you can focus a lot on Yogg and kill him before the adds overwhelm.

In 25man you not only have a much higher dps pressure but you can also get up to 5 (!) marks on immortals. What would you do about that? Use 6 tanks? Then you won't make it dps wise, so at least one tank will have to taunt 2 marked immortals and since they heal each other you cannot prevent full hp. 2 full hp adds that are not getting dpsed on one tank = dead tank. Of course we're not even talking about actually getting those 5 adds down to 0% again while dpsing new adds and of course killing yogg in the mean time.

Maybe someone has done the mathematics and I'm pretty sure they would say it's impossible, but just looking at that you will understand that it can't be done at this point.
    Did... someone actually use PROOF in this discussion?

/boggle
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

I guess no one knew that Yog hard mode got a stealth nerf if you don't believe me here is a website http://nonelitistraiding.blogspot.co...-not-hard.html