Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Azjol-Nerub was merely a setback!

Confirmed from MMO-champion.

Ha! I knew it!
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Azjol-Nerub was merely a setback!

I hope he drops some cool mount like his TBC counterpart...

WTB White Nerubia Strider

Now that would be a mount worth killing for!

I never thought of that.
    Riding a crypt fiend would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Yeah.. he should drop a mount :P

Ohh well. I'm kind of happy. I was mad they put the King of Nerubians in a level 72-ish instance.

This is my disappointed face.

If they're going to recycle bosses, the way they're doing the Confessor encounter is probably the best way to go. Making a recycled boss into the final boss of the 10/25 man raid, the penultimate boss of this patch, is just lame.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

All i can say is they better have him impale the ceiling at the end of the encounter and make rubble fall down, block us, and give him a chance to run away or something. If he isnt in Icecrown thats pretty weak sauce if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat

If they're going to recycle bosses, the way they're doing the Confessor encounter is probably the best way to go. Making a recycled boss into the final boss of the 10/25 man raid, the penultimate boss of this patch, is just lame.
    It's just the opposite of BC.

But honestly. ELWYNN FOREST WAS MERELY A SETBACK~! HOGGER SHALL RULE ALL!
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

God, no. Not even Kael'thas could appear in THREE instances in a single expansion. No Anub'Arak in Icecrown.

And yes, I lol'd irl when I saw Hogger on the list of the Confessor memories. Then I sorta worried myself because I actually recognized every name in the list of memories.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Confirmed from MMO-champion.
    Not really...

Something tells me that he has a new model (it could potentially be because he HAS A NEW MODEL). Something also tells me he will be very slightly more difficult than he was in the lvl 72 instance. Just a hunch. His abilities might even change.

This is all speculation, and may be horribly wrong. Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Something tells me that he has a new model (it could potentially be because he HAS A NEW MODEL). Something also tells me he will be very slightly more difficult than he was in the lvl 72 instance. Just a hunch. His abilities might even change.

This is all speculation, and may be horribly wrong. Goodness.
    Thank you, Admiral Obvious. Your post was filled with such blatantly obvious material that you got quite the promotion, you should be proud of yourself.

"God, no. Not even Kael'thas could appear in THREE instances in a single expansion. No Anub'Arak in Icecrown."

I think Anub'Arak is going for his "world first" achievement of "Refuses to disappear".

ofcourse we killed him many times, however Warcraft lore is "not building" itself, so not enough new bossess weaved into the lore - e.g. mentions of new Lich King generals or other you have not yet heard of that they could appear as new powerful bossess in 3.3. - so recycle remains (especially if the number of devs on the game did not change dramatically since release of WOW).

15+ Year Old Account

>8< Spider pride!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    ofcourse we killed him many times, however Warcraft lore is "not building" itself, so not enough new bossess weaved into the lore - e.g. mentions of new Lich King generals or other you have not yet heard of that they could appear as new powerful bossess in 3.3. - so recycle remains (especially if the number of devs on the game did not change dramatically since release of WOW).
    I disagree, there is SO many options and possibilities in Wotlk, why are people focusing so much on IC and pursuing Arthas desperately ?

Instead of recycling bosses, bring in the Gundrak, another Dragon raid (yeah, the portals in Wyrmcest are still, kinda, unused), some iron dwarves raid, etc etc etc. Players would be more satisfied.

Deleted

Thank you, Admiral Obvious. Your post was filled with such blatantly obvious material that you got quite the promotion, you should be proud of yourself.
    Oi, tone down a little, Tiger. He was being sarcastic as a reply to those ignorant who like to complain about it being another easy clone of the same-old Anub.

The Captain got a promotion?! o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Oi, tone down a little, Tiger. He was being sarcastic as a reply to those ignorant who like to complain about it being another easy clone of the same-old Anub.

OH COME ON. In Beta, people was complaining about him not having a bigger role. Well now he does have a bigger role.

Also him coming back from the dead is ALOT easier to understand then Keals.

Keal got shot out into the freaken nether.

He just got rekilled, which the lichking can use his mighty powers to rerez him. Thats the problem with the undead, they keep coming back. Even if you burn thier bodies or chop off thier heads, Arthas could summon thier spirit back.

Edit: I forgot. You can kill an undead permently if the person is a lich, by sealing the body/soul(thought not killing, just trapping), and by having a naruu shooting the god lazor(like in that one quest) that will allow the the soul to not be brought back.

I wear my pristine Admiral hat and uniform with pride.

This is a rare occasion where the recycling of a boss is justified. Without Abunarak, it is likely that Illidan would have killed the Lich King. He played a pivotal role in saving him. He deserves raid boss status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle

OH COME ON. In Beta, people was complaining about him not having a bigger role. Well now he does have a bigger role.

Also him coming back from the dead is ALOT easier to understand then Keals.

Keal got shot out into the freaken nether.

He just got rekilled, which the lichking can use his mighty powers to rerez him. Thats the problem with the undead, they keep coming back. Even if you burn thier bodies or chop off thier heads, Arthas could summon thier spirit back.

Edit: I forgot. You can kill an undead permently if the person is a lich, by sealing the body/soul(thought not killing, just trapping), and by having a naruu shooting the god lazor(like in that one quest) that will allow the the soul to not be brought back.
    Yes, I know many people disliked Anub'Arak being disposed of in a simple unglorified 5man. I wouldn't mind at all if he were brought back as a boss halfway through an instance, hell I'd be in favor of it. My problem is with making him the end boss, the final goal, the one that gets his picture to basically represent that patch. That role should fall to something that is a little fresher, a boss that people will be more excited to fight if only to see the new lore. He's already been killed by us once, yet if you compare where this raid is coming in relation to TBC, he's being put into the same place of Archimonde or Illidan.

Algalon has an excellent story behind him, it was new and it was interesting(personal opinion, of course.)

Kel'Thuzad's story is a little less impressive, but once again that's because this is the second time around, he was just put there because of how many people never got to see the original Naxx.

Kil'Jaeden is, well, motherfucking Kil'Jaeden. It doesn't get much more epic than that.

Illidan and Archimonde were/are both major lore figures, certainly more important than a twice-dead sidekick coming back to be the last boss of the coliseum.

Having Anub'Arak back in the place of the end boss just doesn't seem right to me, go figure. Once again, I don't mind him being a raid boss in general, but leave the final boss honors to something else.