Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3 months ? For what, a recycled boss and a 10 ft big instance ?

I'm wondering why most people are complaining. Not many people have Killed Yogg, yet alone see him. On top of that, there is alot of hardmodes people have yet to see in ulduar.

This patch is just a "fast fix" for the hardcores and to give casuals something to look forward to when they DO finally get yogg down.

Quote Originally Posted by Janosaudron
    But for 'SOME' of us who actually play this game for it's PvE content (a concept you obviously don't understand yet), this patch is a load of bullshit if it's here to stay for a ridiculous amount of time.

And oh, about Ulduar, 3 months is a huge GAP between serious players and casuals. I'm not happy that this patch is out so soon, hard modes take a long effin tame to clear and farm fully, while on the other hand casual players will be happy for the new content so soon.
    You're under the impression that 3.2 is some gigantic leap in raiding...it's not, it's a small supplement, although a notch up in difficulty, to the existing content. The REAL next step is Icecrown Citadel, so they are throwing us something small in between, a snack. Should be glad it's happening at all.

Are you really saying that one of the reasons it shouldn't be released is because "hardcore" players are still trying to clear, "tame", and "farm fully" hard modes still? I don't see how having more content released during the time you are doing that can possibly be a bad thing. "NO BLIZZ I HAVNETD DUN ALL THE HARDMODEZ YET DONT RELEASE ANYTHING ELSE OR IT MEANS IT"S 4 THE CASHUALZ WHO HAVE DONE NORMAL MODES ALREDY AND DUNT NEED TIME 4 HARDMODEZ"

This isn't meant to be a gigantic raid they are adding. It's a step up on the way to the main course, Icecrown Citadel. Most people are still busy with Ulduar, like you stated, so there isn't a need for another raid instance of that size yet. Soon enough though.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I'm glad to see there are some people who are excited about how their bearform will look (only took 'em 4 years to do it, YAY!) , well, you'r gonna take a looooong nice look at it, I suggest parking it in the middle of Dalaran for some show-off.

New BG, sure, it's exciting, and a nice add.

But for 'SOME' of us who actually play this game for it's PvE content (a concept you obviously don't understand yet), this patch is a load of bullshit if it's here to stay for a ridiculous amount of time.
    The open beta has not even started, and you say it's a load of BS? Lame.

It's easy to complain untill we know how it plays out.

I - for one - am happy how Ulduar is at the moment - feel if 3.2 would hit live in 1 months, it would be soon. It does not make sense to do 13 bossess, add 10 hardmodes in 3 months time, when before we had 6+ months in Naxxramas 2.0 with easy bossess which had no hardmode, and it was cleared in 1 day.

Just shows that scaling is a bit off at this.

On the other hand, finally Ulduar was not Naxxramas 2.0.
    I think the best of the best is if we have new art and new game mechanics/boss abilities to test (see Sunwell).
    Right now we see we don't get much new game art. But its more important we get good boss abilities and enjoyable fights.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas
    People like you two are the reason Blizzard can get away with this shit...
    Sorry for not taking a person that talks about his superior skills seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    The open beta has not even started, and you say it's a load of BS? Lame.
    8 new bosses for the next 6 months is what I'd call lame, not the raid itself. D'UH.

Anyhow, the theme of the post stepped way off it's intentioned course, I was only wondering on opinions @ a possible new patch / instance within a short amount of time, like, another 3 months, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    You act like copy and pasting content is hard. Anyone could take blizzards files and copy and paste an instance in a day, which would probably be better. And gear? Copy and pasting gear models, and putting stats that aren't very different due to item levels isn't very time consuming either.

Like the poster above me said, some people don't care about new dailies, or the argent tournament, since we blizzard has dumbed down this content to the point that you can farm their poor excuse of a raid instance and make profit.

And they obviously are very good at balancing classes right? So, what takes 3 months to make? Vanilla wow and tbc were great, this expansion has been terrible since day 1.

@the other poster above me. It doesn't take 2 years to add the same models to an engine that hasn't changed. You're just used to blizzard (who doesn't really care anymore), and not other game companies who are actually trying to get customers.

And before you say "Go play another game", I would but the majority of WoW players destroy any chance of another successful mmo.

I am literally pissed with this patch entirely. Thanks for the shaman buffs 8 months late, and thanks for making me wait 3 months for an instance with even less trash than ulduar.
    I find your lack of brain disturbing.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

8 new bosses for the next 6 months is what I'd call lame...
    You yourself just said that hardmodes take a long time, so I'm assuming you're busy with them still. Technically, you don't have just these new coliseum bosses for the next 6 months, you have Ulduar still, until you have cleared it hardmodes + Algalon.

And that right there is the damn point. This is not meant to be another huge step in raiding they are trying to implement, it's a supplement to the existing content, a small step before the real next big thing, Icecrown Citadel.

Bottom line is, it's simply not time for the next 10+ boss giant raid instance, and you know that. So anything that comes out in between now and Icecrown Citadel should be a welcome addition/supplement.

Just wait for it to be live.

Every patch brings some new mechanics lately, blizzard is trying to improve raiding as much as they can.

3.0 10/25man version or raids + attepmt to do some hardmodes.

3.1 Really big focus on hardmodes and hard achievements, a looot of choices how yo play instance. Algalon experiment on small time on encounter

3.2 hardmodes are cool, however you have problem to decide if farm of hcmode---> separate instances for hardmodes and normal modes, while hardmode have some of the algalon mechanic - limited number of attempts, so you cant just rush in infinitly.

Blizzard is , in my opinion, doing their best. Every patch they learn from their mistakes and trying to tune instances so everyone, from lollame raider to hc top world guilds, everyone can be happy.

Icecrown better be really cool, if they learn from whole wotlk..yay, that patch will be epax.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    You yourself just said that hardmodes take a long time, so I'm assuming you're busy with them still. Technically, you don't have just these new coliseum bosses for the next 6 months, you have Ulduar still, until you have cleared it hardmodes + Algalon.
    This is true, but, assuming that T9 will have a lot of availability, it's a punch to hard modes (again, assuming you do know how to execute the h-modes).
    And I suspect that there'll be a huge loss in interest, if the title / drake achievements in Ulduar get taken away (the "lol wtf i don wanna do it anymore i cbf coz there's no point" players, which are sadly present in most raiding guilds atm, partially due to summer time).

So yea, I will remain in Ulduar, IF it's gonna be possible to get a non-braindead group, for h-modes, and I totally agree that Algalon will still be a challenge, no matter what. (but the progress on them will get faster, a lot, which leads back to "8 new bosses", well at least for us who are far into Ulduar already)

The human mind is strange.

Let us look back a few months; WotLK was just launched, people were doing Naxx, OS and Eye of Eternity. However, they didn't like it being too easy, so they QQ'ed in six months. Then, 3.2 was launched.

With 3.2 was Ulduar, the new instance. FULL of hardmodes to keep everyone happy, both hardcore players and casuals alike. Ensidia used 7 weeks to down Algalon, the last boss of Ulduar. The best guild on my server Grim Batol, has still not downed him.

And now, you QQ about it being rushed, that you don't get enough time with your hardmodes. Well guys... you asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smapple
    I find your lack of brain disturbing.
    I lol'd ;D ;D ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

This is true, but, assuming that T9 will have a lot of availability, it's a punch to hard modes (again, assuming you do know how to execute the h-modes).
    And I suspect that there'll be a huge loss in interest, if the title / drake achievements in Ulduar get taken away (the "lol wtf i don wanna do it anymore i cbf coz there's no point" players, which are sadly present in most raiding guilds atm, partially due to summer time).
    Ok this now adds another layer to the way you're thinking. You're afraid that this tiny new raid will overshadow Ulduar and hardmodes because the loot will be a tier up.

The fact that such a small raid will be giving out the best loot and become the new thing to focus on...I get ya now...the whole idea of Ulduar+hardmodes being replace kinda.

You still gotta look at it like this...the coliseum is just a small step until the real next big Ulduar type instance. It's not actually meant to replace existing content and be the next big thing to focus on. I think it will coexist with Ulduar+hardmodes just fine.

Now when Icecrown Citadel comes out, that will be a whole new story!

Would you like to compare 3.2 to 2.2?
    Either are filler patches.
    Where 3.2 will bring us a new bg, 1 istance and 1 raid 2.2 gave us...Voice Chat.

I think that Blizzard had make good step into patch development ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny
    Nope, those raids were not casual friendly so no such thing ever gonna happen again.
    have you ever tried clearing 25 Ulduar with full hard modes ?
    is that casual ? I don't think so.
    Stop standing in fire...

I'm glad to see there are some people who are excited about how their bearform will look (only took 'em 4 years to do it, YAY!) , well, you'r gonna take a looooong nice look at it, I suggest parking it in the middle of Dalaran for some show-off.

New BG, sure, it's exciting, and a nice add.

And oh, about Ulduar, 3 months is a huge GAP between serious players and casuals. I'm not happy that this patch is out so soon, hard modes take a long effin tame to clear and farm fully, while on the other hand casual players will be happy for the new content so soon. But yea, Blizz said they'r focusing on casuals more, bring up a FACEBOOK interface addon too!
    Once again, be glad they even make new feral form looks! .. i don't play a druid, never will.. however i am still excited on behalf of the druid community, it's a great feature they give to the druids.

As for your pve.. promise you won't cry much.. but it has been known for a very long time that 3.2 would be a pvp patch.. and like i said before.. a patch is not ment for you alone.. there are other ppl than you who play this game kid.

i'm not hardcore but i honestly don't care about you or the rest of the "Serious" fragment of players.. which is what?... 2% or the total amount of wow players?.. just because you killed Algalon don't think you're any better than the other 98% of the players..

YOU are not supposed to get a new "ulduar" or "sunwell" every content patch.. yes they are focusing more on casuals.. news flash.. they exceed the numbers of "hardcores" by the millions.. the more casual the more money.. they gave you "the serious"(hardcore) as you call it, hard modes and hardmode achievements.. but still you're not happy..

anyways.. i personally are excited about this patch. Even tho i won't play it i'm still excited on behalf of those who will find great use of it.. i parked my account 2 days ago..

maybe you should consider re-locating your "seriousness" to the real world instead of working up your digital life so much

After all.. This is just a game and is nothing more than so...

zul'aman had 6 bosses. just sayin'

Poor blizzard. They are pumping out patch after patch because people keep complaining and all they get is a wave of QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Yes, Blizzard gets some QQ for shipping less instances in expansion.

They then get a pat on the back for Ulduar - 99% of the people saying well done.

I think if 3.2 is good, they will get a new pat on the back. I think they should also allow some time for normal guilds to attempt to get drake, and not rush the release. Alternatively, if they still want to make sure to give enough time to people, they SHOULD allow drakes to be received in Ulduar 4 weeks AFTER release of 3.2 - in 4 weeks people would start to gear up, but for 3-4 weeks after 3.2 hardmodes will still be quite damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    I think if 3.2 is good, they will get a new pat on the back. I think they should also allow some time for normal guilds to attempt to get drake, and not rush the release. Alternatively, if they still want to make sure to give enough time to people, they SHOULD allow drakes to be received in Ulduar 4 weeks AFTER release of 3.2 - in 4 weeks people would start to gear up, but for 3-4 weeks after 3.2 hardmodes will still be quite damn hard.
    IIRC, they said they were really thinking (or were going to do) that. Players will have 1 month post-3.2 to get their Ulduar drakes

English is not my main language, but I try!