Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Yogg +0 World First Kill - Exodus Banned

Edit (Fisker): Useless post removed

Deleted

I feel sorry for the guild, it is not fair getting banned for bugs Blizz leaves in the game.
    Just to make clear i don't agree they shouldn't get punished, but a bann c'mon...make a instance that does not have a bug on each boss.
    Next instance guilds will be so scared to even make a shot for Realm/World first because "someone" will just randomly acuse them of exploiting.

Also i agree on the fact it is not fair Nihilum/Ensidia never got banned for their exploiting on bosses in the past.

Edit (Fisker): Useless post removed

Yes, it is 100% our fault for using a bug on such a significant boss fight, however I would say there are some absolute factors to go off of here that kind of forced us into it. We wouldn't have had to use this technique to kill this encounter if it was actually killable to begin with, so please, Blizzard, make your encounters killable in the future. Lets take a moment to think about the other encounter that was deemed not killable mathematically in Ulduar.. Oh yeah 2min Hodir, I remember a certain guild killing it in this state by using an exploit.. they were not banned, any reason why Blizzard?

First off I just want to say, if I was given the chance to erase history and do it again I would without question do it. These last 72+ hours watching Ensidia cry "Exploit!" and bitch non-stop have been absolutely hilarious. You guys are like a lot of other little european babies, who lack sportsmanship. Pretty sure when you guys exploited your way through this instance and past instances, my guild didn't cry non-stop until you were banned. Pot calling the kettle black?

What about when you guys exploited Freya trash to kill Hodir? Not only that, but then you proceeded to e-mail your Blizzard contacts and had it hoxfixed before anyone even knew that you exploited it in this manner. This allowed for you to focus on more fights with your new 239 ilvl items that you got from exploited a kill, while everyone else was holding their dicks because you exploited and got the exploit fixed the same day.

Blizzard if you are going to pick sides, make it a little less obvious...

Was Nihilum/Ensidia ever banned for using "Clever game mechanics" on.....

C'thun (Know anything about a disgusting Oozling Kungen?)
    Lady Vashj.....Respawns?
    Twins...No video from first kill Kungen? Sat on a torch?
    Hodir....Flower power?
    Mimiron...JoL stacking?

I didn't think so.

Lets just say that Ensidia stacks the cards in their favor every chance they can get, who knows what other exploits they have used, and if they were to have discovered this bug I'm sure they would have used it just as they used flower trash on Hodir.

-------

forgot that part of the article MMO-champ. Best part.

10+ Year Old Account

A very good point is brought up with all this however.

Why does Ensidia never get banned for their exploits?
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo3652
    From Exodus' website:lololol

I think someone actually put up a screenshot with the oozeling on the hotbar. Can someone care to share it again, for reference and historic sake?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Impatience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    Now if they only knew about the Disgusting Oozeling exploit before that became obsolete in 3.0...
    What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    This is all beginning to sound like what happend to Overrated when they hacked AQ40 and got banned for it. Except for the part of Exodus getting a 72 hour suspension versus Overrated's permanent bans. But did Overrated get suspected of their misdeeds in the same manner of Exodus?

It's still nice to see Blizz take action for this. Now if they only knew about the Disgusting Oozeling exploit before that became obsolete in 3.0...
    No, it only became common knowledge in the communiy AFTER they were banned... also it was very different, as Overrated modified the game files in order to exploit AQ40... whereas Exodus abused the game's mechanics.

@Gammer: You shouldn't care so much about Ensidia...

1 - pretty much no one likes them, why try to be like them ?
    2 - most people know they would do whatever it takes to be able to say 'we did it first', though most people aren't really interested;
    3 - by being a guild of 'ordinary people' you guys will gather much more interest from the community, since they are able to relate to what you do on raids... whereas everyone knows we can't compare ourselves to Ensidia because they spend their whole day on wow - it's what they do for a living.
    4 - pointing fingers is simply silly and everyone has been joking about Ensidia doing that... why the hell do the same ? Let's just forget about them and enjoy the game...

Edit (Boubouille): Flaming, Permban

Funniest thing about this is the "fuck Ensidia, they suck more than we do"-post on Exodus' webpage :-)

Edit (Boubouille): Flaming, Permban from forums + site

Well, surprisingly enough, ensidia weren't just being butthurt when they conviniently discovered an exploit 1 day after exodus killed yogg 0. Though, they would have been more convincing had they just came outright and just provided details of the bug, but eh, they're having the last laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarfoz
    Entertainment for the next hours:

Watching this thread explode. ;D
    Quoted For Truth.

inb4 USvsEU flame war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Saw this coming How long is the ban for?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja
    Impatience.

What was that?
    Someone on WoWHead explains this well:

Quoted from -Removed-:

In the worst kept secret in the game department, there's an exploit involving the rare non-combat pet oozling. As part of its cute properties, the oozling casts a minor debuff on you. Sounds harmless, right? Well, the thing is that you can make a macro that activates the oozling quickly thirty-two times, summoning and dismissing it in rapid succession. Doing so so quickly, you end up with 16 oozling debuffs on you, which pushes off any other debuff on you. Priest and warlock dots on you? Gone. Mortal Strike on you? Gone. Crippling poison? Gone.

The biggest place where this comes into play is on the C'Thun encounter. During phase 2 of the encounter, people get swallowed up into C'Thun's belly. Inside the belly, there are two tentacles that you have to kill to make C'Thun vulnerable to attack outside. However, when you're inside the stomach, you get a stacking dot that gradually ramps up to the point that it would kill you very quickly, so normally players who get swallowed only get a short time to lay as much damage on the tentacles as possible before they have to leave the stomach. However, someone with the oozling can just knock off the stomach acid debuff, stay in the stomach indefinitely, burn through the tentacles in rapid succession, and make the C'Thun encounter almost trivial for the people outside the stomach as C'Thun goes vulnerable far more often than he would normally.

This exploit has been known and around for a long time. In fact, the first world C'Thun kill shot has an oozling macro on the guy's hotbar. I've been queasy about reporting this bug here in that I didn't want to encourage more people to use the exploit, but it's so well known now -- and some people aren't even bashful about it -- that it seemed silly to hold back on the information any longer. I can't understand why Blizzard hasn't hotfixed such a major exploit, especially when it's being used so commonly to beat the biggest baddest boss in the game. All they have to do is remove the oozling debuff temporarily until they get their better debuff system put in place.

So seems this little bugger played a big part back in the day.
    However, this exploit became obsolete with the small pet changes in 3.0.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Edit (Boubouille): Flaming, Permban from forums + site

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    The rumors are indeed true. We have been suspended for 72 hours for:

Offense: Abuse of Game Mechanics
    Details: Circumvention of normal combat mechanics to defeat the Yogg-Saron encounter inside the Ulduar raid instance.

In our many attempts at trying to figure out a way to defeat Yogg zero watcher, we found a way to use bugged game mechanics to make phase 3 easier in zero watcher then one watcher.

The bug is when someone is left inside the brain room of Yogg-Saron, they can still get aggro on the adds that spawn in phase 3. That means if you have someone getting healing aggro in the brain room, they will get aggro on the adds, which cause them to evade in place and allows for all of your raids dps to be focused on Yogg.

We discovered this mechanic on a wipe, and decided to see if we could actually get it to work. The first attempt after that wipe, we realized it worked, and went with it and killed it on that attempt. We also filed a formal bug report on Blizzard's website.

Yes, it is 100% our fault for using a bug on such a significant boss fight, however I would say there are some absolute factors to go off of here that kind of forced us into it. We wouldn't have had to use this technique to kill this encounter if it was actually killable to begin with, so please, Blizzard, make your encounters killable in the future. Lets take a moment to think about the other encounter that was deemed not killable mathematically in Ulduar.. Oh yeah 2min Hodir, I remember a certain guild killing it in this state by using an exploit.. they were not banned, any reason why Blizzard?

First off I just want to say, if I was given the chance to erase history and do it again I would without question do it. These last 72+ hours watching Ensidia cry "Exploit!" and bitch non-stop have been absolutely hilarious. You guys are like a lot of other little european babies, who lack sportsmanship. Pretty sure when you guys exploited your way through this instance and past instances, my guild didn't cry non-stop until you were banned. Pot calling the kettle black?

What about when you guys exploited Freya trash to kill Hodir? Not only that, but then you proceeded to e-mail your Blizzard contacts and had it hoxfixed before anyone even knew that you exploited it in this manner. This allowed for you to focus on more fights with your new 239 ilvl items that you got from exploited a kill, while everyone else was holding their dicks because you exploited and got the exploit fixed the same day.

Blizzard if you are going to pick sides, make it a little less obvious...

Lady Vashj.....Respawns?
    Twins...No video from first kill Kungen? Sat on a torch?
    Hodir....Flower power?
    Mimiron...JoL stacking?

I didn't think so.

Lets just say that Ensidia stacks the cards in their favor every chance they can get, who knows what other exploits they have used, and if they were to have discovered this bug I'm sure they would have used it just as they used flower trash on Hodir.

Exodus
    From their webpage (linked)

Basically, Ensidia lack sportsmanship because they cried foul. And apparently filing a bug report should give them a free pass to exploit the bug afterwards, because another guild did that on another boss.

Both guilds are hilarious and pathetic, I especially lol'd when the word "sportsmanship" was mentioned.

Although, ultimately, it's Blizzard's fault for making an overtuned encounter.

Gimme a break. Exodus didn't deserve a suspension. Ensidia has exploited several fights over the years and 3 fights in Ulduar.. they haven't been banned yet.

What a useless double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by skogsturken
    Edit (Boubouille): User banned
    You say it like EU doesn't do the same thing.
    People are people, regardless of where their server is located.

It's like when the Ally rogues complain about Horde rogues camping lowbies, while they themselves are camping lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck
    A very good point is brought up with all this however.

Why does Ensidia never get banned for their exploits?
    Because they dont try and lie and pass them off as legit kills?

Ensidia state from minute 1 they used flower power on Hodir but Exodus claimed they killed this without an exploit and said it was legit. unbelievably retarded to think they'd get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by skogsturken
    Edit (Boubouille): User banned
    Aren't you a smart one, to generalize all of the US in such a way. You fail at life. Know that people, US and EU, have been banned for exploiting.