Thread: 3.2 Ret Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.2 Ret Spec

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Why is everyone still glyphing Exorcism? Did you not read that it's changed to a 1.5s cast which makes it pretty crappy to use as any part of a DPS rotation. Even with art of war proc it still has a .75s cast time which is still going to throw your rotation off.

Shouldn't the new 3 optimal dps ones be: SoV, Judgement and consecration?
    ? with AoW it's instant cast.

Why is everyone still glyphing Exorcism? Did you not read that it's changed to a 1.5s cast which makes it pretty crappy to use as any part of a DPS rotation. Even with art of war proc it still has a .75s cast time which is still going to throw your rotation off.

Shouldn't the new 3 optimal dps ones be: SoV, Judgement and consecration?
    Plz go back to your DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

1) I don't have a DK.
    2) I'm mainspec Prot.

From this news post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=67249.0

•Exorcism now has a 1.5 sec cast time.
    /
    •The Art of War now reduces the cast time of your next Flash of Light or Exorcism ability by 0.75 sec everytime your melee attacks critically hit.
    So unless my math is wrong, 1.5s - .75s does not equal 0.

So what am I missing to remove that .75s remaining?
    Unless they mean each point of Art of war talent removes .75s cast time, which if the case, they need to modify the talent description.

Unless they mean each point of Art of war talent removes .75s cast time, which if the case, they need to modify the talent description.
    It's a 2 point talent.

Yes, it's worded oddly and poorly if you ask me, but the fact remains that it is in fact a 2 point and talent and at 2 ranks the spell cast reduction is indeed 1.5 seconds.

there's 2 point in aow so its 0.75+0.75.

and for the divine intellect, i only took it for a imp loh build.

we are running with 2 ret paly (Im main spec prot for i go ret for single tank boss and let the dk tank cause i can usualy outdps pretty much everyone) and we both actually have imp sac and we rarely use it (only on 2-3 hardmode) so having one ret specing into sac (dont have enough pt for imp sac) and the other into imp loh could be a nice combo.

that or if there's not a lot of aoe dmg in the new raid.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

people wonder why i specced into divine intel...

like 70 percent of a paladins damage is holy which is a school of magic

so the more intel u have the more damage ur spells will do

i dont see the point in Divine Sacrifice

a dps class shouldnt be worrying about absorbing AoE raid damage IMO

and seal of command is a joke and always has been

so dont waste your points in such a dumb talent

in 3.2 Seal of light out dps's Command

These are facts

as a ret paladin my main focus is dps and keeping myself alive so healers dotn need to waste their mana

Seal of command = bad dps

and divine sacrifice = more damage i take

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10048

by far the way to go in terms of DPS IMO

Btw blizzard needs to release more Minor Glyphs

15+ Year Old Account

1) I don't have a DK.
    2) I'm mainspec Prot.

From this news post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=67249.0

The Art of War Rank 1
    Increases the damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 5% and when your melee attacks critically hit the cast time of your next Flash of Light or Exorcism is reduced by 0.75 sec.

The Art of War Rank 2
    Increases the damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 10% and when your melee attacks critically hit your next Flash of Light or Exorcism spell becomes instant cast.

Hope that clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feihc
    These are facts
    as a ret paladin my main focus is dps and keeping myself alive so healers dotn need to waste their mana

Seal of Command is good for AE trash packs and out DPSes Seal of Light in 3.2.

Also, you take Divine Sacrifice for Utility, which people argue is what the Paladin class is, a Utility class. And unless you bubble when you use DS/G, you WILL die.

Additionally, Intellect only increases our Spell crit chance and Mana pool, not the damage of the spell. Thats called Spell Power, and unless you're spec'd deep Holy, intellect does not add to Spell Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Why on earth should these new classes have DKs? Don't we have enough classes that can roll DKs already?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

you have some good points ronark xD thank u i will consider a few different thigns coem 3.2

as for your glyph choice, I found that the concecration glyph gives much better overall damage, especially with the 4 second crusader strike.(over the avenging wrath glyph). Also helps on mana conservation. Also doesn't make sense to glyph for such a situational thing, aw+boss less than 20%, unless you're saving your aw for the 20%, at which time, you're nerfing your dps more, not popping it every time its up.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Divine Intellect is a waste for ret pallys period... fully buffed it's like an extra 300 mana which is stupid

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZVZ...uhdIfsu:r0G0cz

those are all the dps talents you would get for PVE, 7 extra points to put where you want for utility purposes

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    as for your glyph choice, I found that the concecration glyph gives much better overall damage, especially with the 4 second crusader strike.(over the avenging wrath glyph). Also helps on mana conservation. Also doesn't make sense to glyph for such a situational thing, aw+boss less than 20%, unless you're saving your aw for the 20%, at which time, you're nerfing your dps more, not popping it every time its up.
    You would have to timephase your AW casts so it will land in that 20%. Example: when we first started doing Sath and LK release, I could get 2-3 AWs in each time, either one every 2 minutes from the fight, or one at 80% and one at 20%, etc etc

Gotta agree with this guys spec 100%. Let me explain:

As someone else said Divine Intellect is 5 whole points for only a few hundred mana and a very small increase in spell crit for ret, nothing else. 15% more of roughly 100 int isn't anywhere near as good for ret as it is for holy who has hundreds, if not thousands of int. Since we regain so much mana with Judgments our mana pool isn't really that important, it's not like a mage who needs a big mana pool cause it is gradually depleted through an entire fight.

Next is Divinity. I would definitely take this ability in patch 3.2. While healing is a secondary objective as ret, and with Exorcism now using AoW procs as well, healing is still very important. I often find myself popping off insta FoL or even Holy Lights if the raid is taking heavy AoE damage and the healers arn't able to get to me quickly. I am sure we will crit enough we can still spare a few insta FoL heals as well.

In contrast I rarely use Hand of Protection and Stoicism is almost 100% PVP talent. Sure I will use HoP once in awhile but the 5 minute CD seems plenty short enough. Especially considering most clothies or even leather wearers are going to be one shotted if they get agro so having HoP on a shorter CD doesn't do a ton to save them. Add in the fact it's so easy to get agro, even AoE agro and ya, I just don't see this needing the shorter CD, nor Hand of Freedom for that matter which rarely gets used as well.

That leaves Divine Sacrifice, Vindication, and Seal of Command as last possible options. I would definitely take Divine Sacrifice, even if it's just the base version and not the improved. Like someone else said I often find myself using this during heavy raid dmg and it can really help save lives in the raid when used in conjunction with bubble (a no brainer). Everyone takes less damage and healers don't need to heal so much to keep everyone up. I actually just set up a macro to use it when I bubble so that way if I am almost dead I save my own life, and chances are the raid is taking heavy dmg as well and I just saved them too.

The new Vindiction is ok, but besides not working on most bosses probably it will also be the same debuff warriors bring so I don't see a huge need for it, plain and simple. Maybe if your raid has no warriors it would be justified but meh, I just don't see a ton of value in raids. That leaves Seal of Command. While this spell is still kind of crappy, especially compared to SoV/C or Martyr/Blood, I think it will have a few purposes. Mainly on raid encounters like Thorim or Razorscale where you will be fighting lots of weak adds that don't stay up long. By the time you build 5 stacks of Vengeance on one target it's already gonna be dead so the 33% dmg you would get is going to be of minimal use. Factor in you will be using Divine Storm and Consecrate for a good deal of your AoE damage and having SoC up constantly hitting all those weak adds can really come in handy. After the bosses land simply switch to Vengeance and DPS like you would otherwise.

As for Glyphs I would take Judgment and Exorcism for sure, especially with our Judgments actually hitting pretty hard once again with 5 stacks of Vengeance up and Seals of the Pure. The last glyph slot I am not sure about though. I remember before I got the Consecrate Glyph I often had mana problems so I am just worried I will be going oom to fast if the boss fights drag on or their is heavy AoE needed. I've also found getting expertise capped hasn't been terribly hard. Then again having 10 exp is pretty nice and if I can keep my mana up then the extra exp and stats on gear I could use to replace my exp would be a ncie DPS buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    Gotta agree with this guys spec 100%. Let me explain:

As someone else said Divine Intellect is 5 whole points for only a few hundred mana and a very small increase in spell crit for ret, nothing else. 15% more of roughly 100 int isn't anywhere near as good for ret as it is for holy who has hundreds, if not thousands of int. Since we regain so much mana with Judgments our mana pool isn't really that important, it's not like a mage who needs a big mana pool cause it is gradually depleted through an entire fight.

Next is Divinity. I would definitely take this ability in patch 3.2. While healing is a secondary objective as ret, and with Exorcism now using AoW procs as well, healing is still very important. I often find myself popping off insta FoL or even Holy Lights if the raid is taking heavy AoE damage and the healers arn't able to get to me quickly. I am sure we will crit enough we can still spare a few insta FoL heals as well.

In contrast I rarely use Hand of Protection and Stoicism is almost 100% PVP talent. Sure I will use HoP once in awhile but the 5 minute CD seems plenty short enough. Especially considering most clothies or even leather wearers are going to be one shotted if they get agro so having HoP on a shorter CD doesn't do a ton to save them. Add in the fact it's so easy to get agro, even AoE agro and ya, I just don't see this needing the shorter CD, nor Hand of Freedom for that matter which rarely gets used as well.

That leaves Divine Sacrifice, Vindication, and Seal of Command as last possible options. I would definitely take Divine Sacrifice, even if it's just the base version and not the improved. Like someone else said I often find myself using this during heavy raid dmg and it can really help save lives in the raid when used in conjunction with bubble (a no brainer). Everyone takes less damage and healers don't need to heal so much to keep everyone up. I actually just set up a macro to use it when I bubble so that way if I am almost dead I save my own life, and chances are the raid is taking heavy dmg as well and I just saved them too.

The new Vindiction is ok, but besides not working on most bosses probably it will also be the same debuff warriors bring so I don't see a huge need for it, plain and simple. Maybe if your raid has no warriors it would be justified but meh, I just don't see a ton of value in raids. That leaves Seal of Command. While this spell is still kind of crappy, especially compared to SoV/C or Martyr/Blood, I think it will have a few purposes. Mainly on raid encounters like Thorim or Razorscale where you will be fighting lots of weak adds that don't stay up long. By the time you build 5 stacks of Vengeance on one target it's already gonna be dead so the 33% dmg you would get is going to be of minimal use. Factor in you will be using Divine Storm and Consecrate for a good deal of your AoE damage and having SoC up constantly hitting all those weak adds can really come in handy. After the bosses land simply switch to Vengeance and DPS like you would otherwise.

As for Glyphs I would take Judgment and Exorcism for sure, especially with our Judgments actually hitting pretty hard once again with 5 stacks of Vengeance up and Seals of the Pure. The last glyph slot I am not sure about though. I remember before I got the Consecrate Glyph I often had mana problems so I am just worried I will be going oom to fast if the boss fights drag on or their is heavy AoE needed. I've also found getting expertise capped hasn't been terribly hard. Then again having 10 exp is pretty nice and if I can keep my mana up then the extra exp and stats on gear I could use to replace my exp would be a ncie DPS buff.
    2/2 Vindication = 5/5 Imp Demo shout that is applied free of charge, and works on all mobs, players, and NPCs. It is basically a stronger Demo shout, since some warriors may skip Imp shouts.

All in All, DS/G offers more utility, and 30% damage reduction to everyone in range is nothing to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by Feihc

These are facts

So I am making a huge assumption here. Your inputs seem a bit misguided and I think you should have rolled a rogue with your lack of awareness of our utilities. You may have realized that there are better talents than the ones you chose, but that doesn't change what your current talents are.

Feihc - Kel'thuzad

I just cannot figure out what your specs are supposed to be. Neither is as strong as they should be for PvE and both lack core PvP talents. Imp HoJ + Imp RF - PoJ?? Really?? Those are just PvP points. Your gear is a bit more intriguing.

Why do people feel the need to make every single socket bonus?? You have almost one of every single gem you could find and you are the first pally I have ever seen that only has one 16Str gem socketed and you used an AP gem. What are you thinking?? You have skinning but have not leveled it up yet. Your max'd herbalism gives you nothing for a dps buff but skinning can give you 32 Crit Strike Rating(40 after patch).

Not trying to flatten you or anything, but at least prove yourself credible before offering your inputs. Someone might actually read your post and believe what you are saying. That would make two misguided ret pallys, then 4, then 8 and so on. You are breeding baddys. Stop now and save the world please.

Tonight I will log in my Ret gear. Forgot I had on my prot gear last night when I logged. Just in case you wanted to see where I am coming from.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Hey at least he enchanted his stuff right.. :-[

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    So I am making a huge assumption here. Your inputs seem a bit misguided and I think you should have rolled a rogue with your lack of awareness of our utilities. You may have realized that there are better talents than the ones you chose, but that doesn't change what your current talents are.

Feihc - Kel'thuzad

I just cannot figure out what your specs are supposed to be. Neither is as strong as they should be for PvE and both lack core PvP talents. Imp HoJ + Imp RF - PoJ?? Really?? Those are just PvP points. Your gear is a bit more intriguing.

Why do people feel the need to make every single socket bonus?? You have almost one of every single gem you could find and you are the first pally I have ever seen that only has one 16Str gem socketed and you used an AP gem. What are you thinking?? You have skinning but have not leveled it up yet. Your max'd herbalism gives you nothing for a dps buff but skinning can give you 32 Crit Strike Rating(40 after patch).

Not trying to flatten you or anything, but at least prove yourself credible before offering your inputs. Someone might actually read your post and believe what you are saying. That would make two misguided ret pallys, then 4, then 8 and so on. You are breeding baddys. Stop now and save the world please.

Tonight I will log in my Ret gear. Forgot I had on my prot gear last night when I logged. Just in case you wanted to see where I am coming from.
    i completey get what you mean and the reason why my talents have not changed is due to pure procrastination

im completely understand my class and DO know what im saying i cant paly as much as most people and thats why im stilll 2 pieces of pvp gear for my PvE set

im not proud of it but its all jsut a game to me

i respect what you are saying and ur right herbalism dosnt affect my dps...but i make a shit ton of gold from it and love it

my skinning was maxed and its not really the prof i wanted

i cant decide which way to go so i decided to get it back and stick to the simple gathereing of herbs and skins that i was used to

most things uve said about me and my gear are true but once again like i said

im one lazy ass fucker

and about that ap gem and not the str gem..i realize that

honestly im just too fucking lazy

its not the best queslity and ruins my credibility in this thread but wtvr i really dont mind

the reason why i started this was to see how others played their ret pally's

becasue we all know WoW is serious Business

especially as a ret pally

and i dont need to see your ret gear im sure its UBER l33T

no offense man but u need to chill the fuck out

Deleted

you forgot about him not picking up swift retribution in his (presumed) PVP spec, as well as E4aE and divine purpose, 3 must-have talents for PvP...

and the hunter polearm he is wearing.

edit: just saw the mans reply, it seems like he knows of his errors...

edit2: seems i may have been bashing him a bit too hard. but i thought paladins were supposed to use STR weapons, and when i look at his PvP spec (the left one on talent page), i saw 2 talents missing which do give a rather big help for PvP.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    Hey at least he enchanted his stuff right.. :-[
    haha thanx Deathleech you the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    you forgot about him not picking up swift retribution in his (presumed) PVP spec, as well as E4aE and divine purpose, 3 must-have talents for PvP...

and the hunter polearm he is wearing.
    Are you kidding, or are you just a retard?