Thread: Yogg +0 lol?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yogg +0 lol?

just watched the exodus exploit thing on front page, and, is it my understanding that those guardians cannot be killed without thorim?

cause that was a TON of adds, even for DPS focusing only on yogg.

seems ridiculous if they cant be killed, but i could just be misinterpreting the fight, any1 care to fill me in? lol
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Re: Yogg +0 lol?

You're right, they can't be killed without Thorim. And yes, there are a lot. That's why the encounter is so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Read one of the other hundred post concerning this instead of starting a new one?

no they can't killed.
    yes it's a ton of adds
    yes it's the reason that the fight is impossible without exploiting it.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

can certainly understand why Ensidia were so sure they exploited the fight when you watch that

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helior
    can certainly understand why Ensidia were so sure they exploited the fight when you watch that
    The video wasn't released when ensidia claimed they had exploited. As far as I know the video was released after Blizzard confirmed they'd cheated and suspended their accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v
    The video wasn't released when ensidia claimed they had exploited. As far as I know the video was released after Blizzard confirmed they'd cheated and suspended their accounts.
    Duh, he is merely saying that all those adds are quite impossible when you really need to deal with em. He has never seen the fight so now he does understand why Ensidia accussed them of exploiting before any bans/vids.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    no they can't killed.
    yes it's a ton of adds
    yes it's the reason that the fight is impossible without exploiting it.
    The number of adds isn't what makes it impossible, that's intended. The fight is manageable, it's the DPS requirement to get them down to 1% AND kill Yogg before the Enrage that's the issue. It is "mathematically impossible" to do it.

Maybe this is what you meant /shrug.

And d3v is correct. Exodus released the video after they were suspended.

At least now everyone knows that you can exploit an encounter, report it, and get to keep your achievements, records and loot. :P
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Nurf INC people.

Quote Originally Posted by hiimjoe
    just watched the exodus exploit thing on front page, and, is it my understanding that those guardians cannot be killed without thorim?

cause that was a TON of adds, even for DPS focusing only on yogg.

seems ridiculous if they cant be killed, but i could just be misinterpreting the fight, any1 care to fill me in? lol
    The adds' hp is linked to their damage. If you get them to 1% they pretty much hit like pussies and some skilled tanks should have no problem managing them, even if there are a lot of them.

As said before by others here, the problem is that you have to spread damage to keep adds at 1% hp AND DPS yogg'saron at the same time, and with the current gear levels, it's not possible to do enough damage on both the adds and yogg'saron to kill the boss before the enrage timer hits.

The problem is the Immortal Guardians heals up. In 10man the amount of Immortal Guardians healing at the same time is limited, thus making the encounter doable.

We discussed the Exodus kill a lot on IRC on the evening they done it, and the mystery of them not releasing a video fast, and not joining IRC telling us about the kill.

During the next 24 hours some members of Exodus leaked how it was done, and Ensidia checked that it was doable, without abusing it like Exodus. Afterwards they contacted Blizzard, only reporting in the exploit. It was the whole WoW community who made Blizzard aware of Exodus's kill, not Ensidia.

Tons of other guilds spend the 24 hours from the kill, to the ban, to check if it was nerfed, or in any way made possible, and nobody could even get remotely close to what Exodus had archived. So obviously people felt something was wrong, and you all know how it turned out.

im not discrediting anyone or saying that Exodus didnt cheat, cause we all know they did...but what i dont get is why someone can be punished for using game mechanics (even if its an exploit) to beat an encounter..when blizzard is the one who allowed such a glitch to be in the game itself...

xbox live does not ban people for glitching, now i know thats not as serious as this game..but its the point...i understand, but i just think its stupid to penalize someone else for your mistakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
    im not discrediting anyone or saying that Exodus didnt cheat, cause we all know they did...but what i dont get is why someone can be punished for using game mechanics (even if its an exploit) to beat an encounter..when blizzard is the one who allowed such a glitch to be in the game itself...

xbox live does not ban people for glitching, now i know thats not as serious as this game..but its the point...i understand, but i just think its stupid to penalize someone else for your mistakes...
    Please, not this again... There's hundeds of pages on the internets discussing this. Just drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkrusher

By that logic, because you left a dollar bill and look away for a second, it gives me the right to steal it without repercussions :P

Sorry, I know I shouldn't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    At least now everyone knows that you can exploit an encounter, report it, and get to keep your achievements, records and loot. :P
    ??

exodus exploited and got found out, they didnt report it to blizzard afaik.

Have they really been allowed to keep achievement etc? blizz removed all the orbituary exploit kill achieves :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    ??

exodus exploited and got found out, they didnt report it to blizzard afaik.

Have they really been allowed to keep achievement etc? blizz removed all the orbituary exploit kill achieves :s
    Two words. Ensidia. Hodir.
    PS: Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Two words. Ensidia. Hodir.
    Because spell stealing a buff is as serious an exploit as intentionally evade bugging the hard part of the encounter?

(it's not)

Also ensidia immediatly reported it, exodus lied about it and said it was their awesome skills and luck, that my friend, is the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Lapeeno
    Also ensidia immediatly reported it, exodus lied about it and said it was their awesome skills and luck, that my friend, is the difference
    this
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

enside exploited mimiron first kill with a jurgement light exploit. they putted 2x jurgement light on boss same time. 1 of holy pala and 1 of retri pala. that way they could go with 1 less healer and bring extra dps. mimirons first kills where all close to enrage timer. they didnt get punished for this expoit tho .there is another post on mmo champion about this exploit + proof
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Chainz