Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Engineering changes, Patch 3.2 Sound clips

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2
    In fact, older stuff wasn't decent. It was on par with what we have today.

You're mistakin "long quests" with "good quests". Northrend have tons of long chains, but far from "tons of awesome long chains". Icecrown have some really boring (to not say with "stupid objectives") ones that are part of a huge quest chain that should lead to Icecrown raid (Thassarian quests for alliance/Koltira for horde).

In WotLK, most of the dungeon quests you get right at the door while in WoW/TBC you would do some really nice chain showing everything about that place most of the time. You had quests that lead you to raids, etc.

So, again, In WotLK you have tons of long quest chains, but its far from that when you look at the good/awesome ones.

You probably think they're better because we can solo almost all of the group quests (even G5 ones). Where in vanilla/tbc you would really need at least one or two partners, that "grouping" adds a lot to the "epicness" of said quests.
    Dude seriously wotlk questing is far superior. Vanilla has alot traveling alot and BC had the quests more clump together. Both of them felt like missions that you had no idea or why you were doing it(you were only doing them for exp). In Wotlk i remember when i found out that humans were the evolved form of vykrul and then also seeing the lich king there to kill me. In Grizzly hills i remember that funny outhouse quest and when some type of undead were pretending to be humans quests, I also remeber the drakuru quests when you had to pretend you were undead and find out his plans. The icecrown quests when you found the lich king heart and then fight illidan as the lich king and also when the lich king and Tyrion faced off each other when you had to pretend you were with the cult of the damned. And dont forget the DK quests.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    Dude seriously wotlk questing is far superior. Vanilla has alot traveling alot and BC had the quests more clump together. Both of them felt like missions that you had no idea or why you were doing it(you were only doing them for exp). In Wotlk i remember when i found out that humans were the evolved form of vykrul and then also seeing the lich king there to kill me. In Grizzly hills i remember that funny outhouse quest and when some type of undead were pretending to be humans quests, I also remeber the drakuru quests when you had to pretend you were undead and find out his plans. The icecrown quests when you found the lich king heart and then fight illidan as the lich king and also when the lich king and Tyrion faced off each other when you had to pretend you were with the cult of the damned. And dont forget the DK quests.
    D: i should really get to finishing off icecrown.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

You're mistakin "long quests" with "good quests". Northrend have tons of long chains, but far from "tons of awesome long chains". Icecrown have some really boring (to not say with "stupid objectives") ones that are part of a huge quest chain that should lead to Icecrown raid (Thassarian quests for alliance/Koltira for horde).
    It's no mistake, and I will never claim that all chains are awesome. I did claim that the better ones far exceeded anything in TBC and Vanilla in terms of imaginative goals and entertainment factor.

In WotLK, most of the dungeon quests you get right at the door while in WoW/TBC you would do some really nice chain showing everything about that place most of the time. You had quests that lead you to raids, etc.
    Some are, some arent. Drak'Therion Keep, Gundrak and Halls of Lightning come to mind immediately as having a main quest derive from a long chain of quests and backstory. Not having to haul ass over 6 zones on two continents (yes ZF, Uldaman, RFD and the ridiculous attunements... I'm thinking of you) is a significant improvement over Vanilla. They didn't show you jack shit about the instance, they were devised intentionally to make traveling a time filler since there wasn't much content to be had.

You probably think they're better because we can solo almost all of the group quests (even G5 ones). Where in vanilla/tbc you would really need at least one or two partners, that "grouping" adds a lot to the "epicness" of said quests.
    Greatly overgeneralized rubbish. A) I don't think that it made anything better or worse. B) Depending on your class and gear, the 2's and were often soloable and 3's occasionally were. The 5s were not and you often saw "LFG {quest X}" in general, just like always for 3 and 5 man group quests. This is no different than TBC. Vanilla doesn't have an equivalent other than the attunement chains, who's targets were scaled around a mediocre party of 5, that would be 3 and 4 manned for expediency.

The tanaris -> hinterlands -> tanaris for sunken temple was well fun wasnt it...........
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Sloe
    The tanaris -> hinterlands -> tanaris for sunken temple was well fun wasnt it...........
    Or the quests that required you to enter a dungeon, kill some mobs, go back to turn in the quest, then kill some more mobs in the same dungeon... (for some reason this quest is not in the live version of Wowhead, but it's on the PTR one :)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Re: Engineering / IoC changes, Patch 3.2 Sound clips

what do people think the strange voice at the end of the sound clips is? i had a word with my friend and he thought it was KJ coming back, but i highly doubt it, I think it's more to do with Ner'zhul as he managed to control both Malganis and Arthas in warcraft 3, it mentions Varimathras, i don't remember whether or not we killed him in undercity, but i think he escaped, so who is speaking at the end? I can see him coming back to be part of something much bigger as he was given a whole new model, but the only problem with my theory is the fact that Ner'zhul and Arthas have become one, but that just raises more questions, like who could be left to be controlling Varimathras? :S

"He estimates that between 80% and 85% of gold farmers are based in China."

sorry imo its blizzard who own and control most of the gold market for the simple reason i would if i owned a multi million dollar corporation.
    look at it this way the owners of blizzard prob dont play games they drive around in sports cars living in mansions from the money we pay them each month.
    game gold = real money well if i owned a buissness like blizz and saw a market for more profit id take it imo blizz have too.
    you really think they are against gold sellers ? lool there not people money makes the world go around and end of the day wow is just a game.
    blizzard own the gold sellers. = common sense.

Can anyone support a transcription to this audio file?