Deleted

Been testing haste/crit/spellpower on ptr (elemental) + T9 tests and resto pvp

So i transfered my shaman over to the ptr since its better geared than the premade chars there and decided to do some testing while i had access to free gems and trinkets etc.

I bought the s7 2250 rating caster dagger with 700 sp and enchanted it with 61sp and bought duplicates of the new battlemaster trinkets for haste crit and spellpower.

I then regemmed my gear with one crit, haste and spellpower setup. Using dragonseyes and normal blue gems. I kept 2 blue gems for meta req and kept some spellpowergems where it would be clearly disadvantageous to gem for another color. I also switched some rings around and some other armor peices to get the most stacked setup while keeping the itemlevel and overall effectivness of the gear on the same level.

While not empirical evidence by any stretch of the imagination i feel that i saw a very clear trend while testing on target dummies.
    I was flasked but didnt use food. I tested on the boss target dummy both selfbuffed and when a boomkin and warlock put their debuffs up on the dummy to get some tests that resemble a real raid better.

After only a few tests it became clear that spellpower is by far the best stat. While this isnt a secret i thought it was surprising just how much better a spellpower setup preformed over the haste and crit setup. It was a huge differance.

On the haste setup i used 1100 haste to get the unbuffed 1.5 second cast speed with lighitngbolt. (1.42 with tow and 1.1 with bl) the dps i could put out was really dissapointing. I had to stuggle to break 5k on any of the tests.

The crit setup i ran with 40% crit on the character screen. As excpected this didnt preform very well but did about as poorly as the haste setup on average but had some tests where it did a lot of dps due to good rng. (60-70% crit on lb)

The trinkets i used where the static non proc battlemastertrinkets since they have the same itemlevel and budget (and are pretty good on ptr)

Yes the sample size was to low yada yada yada but personally i think its easy to see trends while only doing some short 4 minute tests on the dummies. Every test the spellpower setup preformed way over the top compared to the other setups.
    Im definately going to continue stacking spellpower over the other stats and im definately not going to go for the 1100+ haste setup.

edit*
    I've also been playing resto with 1200 resi, 2500 sp and 17 crit using 2p ele and 4 p resto gear with mp5. Furious with relentless weapon and off pieces non enchanted. using 8/11/52 and yeah the survivability is insane and the mana regen is also reeealy nice.
    Full rogue stunlock took me to half hp using watershield and i had no totems down so its pretty noticable.

I have also made a shaman with full T9 to test out the bonus running with glypth of lava, lavaburst totem and the damage is pretty impressive. Unfotunately i only have the t9.5 set on my premade char which has qustionable itemization so i didnt really do any more damage than my transfered char in t8.5 with some ptr weapons etc.

The main thing is the t9 setbonus is FUN. 2 set bonus is really convinient as we dont have to worry about fls running as much and the 4 part bonus is pretty awesome. I dont know how it stacks up to t8 setbonus but its a lot more fun. Saw on average 14.5k lavabursts selfbuffed and topped up to 16k with coe on the dummy. This was unflasked and with only 3100 spellpower with eye of broodmother loaded up fully. (cant get it hihger due to crappy itemization for premade chars).

Anyway its fun to see big Lv crits again.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Been testing haste/crit/spellpower on ptr (elemental)

you're disappointed not breaking 5k selfbuffed?

hell, most ret paladins dont break 4k single target self buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet

2 problems:

1. its PTR, with BiS gear, ofc retribs on live wont pump up as much as those on PTR with t9 quality gear

2. problem is, eleshaman already have most of the caster dps buffs, which are available in raid, ToW, WoA, 5% crit, 3% crit debuff, only thing missing, is CoE/equivalent and 5% crit debuff and like 0,1% increase of dps from AI+motw, as opposed to retri, who doesnt have sunders + ff, 5% crit, 10% AP, WF, SoE/horns, Blood frenzy, BoK, BoM and MotW, which is helluwa missing buffs, ofc retrib shouldnt pump up that much dmg while 90% of his raid buffs are missing...

Deleted

Considering i bring most of the buffs i need myself i dont find that strange at all. Also considering my own gear coupled with some choice pieces on ptr i think its safe to assume my gear is beyiond ridicilous.
    And yeah i break 6k single target on the boss dummy with some raidbuffs on it not using bl or anything.

paladin forum is this way -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?board=30.0
    This space is available for rent!