Poll: Should an arena season start with everyone in default s9 arena gear for each class by which winning

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll : Equalized PvP gear season

Thought this would be fair, if you buy a team, they give you like an arena outfit, similar to like a gladiators suit, that everyone who starts out wears. This would mean equal gear across the board, and only by winning at pvp would you obtain better pvp gear.

Re: Poll : Equalized PvP gear season

Wow, this is like saying. Oh wow, Ulduar just came out, can I have full T7.5 on all my characters so it fair and the bosses don't have an advantage over me?

You don't just get free gear. Tonnes of people have worked hard for that gear for an advantage over other players.

As much as I dislike being at an disadvantage, you are forgetting this is an MMO, we are supposed to different our chars from each other.

There is a tournament realm for which you pay up and compete against equally geared opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Draculus
    Thought this would be fair, if you buy a team, they give you like an arena outfit, similar to like a gladiators suit, that everyone who starts out wears. This would mean equal gear across the board, and only by winning at pvp would you obtain better pvp gear.

only if you couldnt use that gladiator suit anywhere else but in arena.

and even still part of the game is choosing what gear you want for what you want to do. remember back in tbc people were running around in s3 gear for raids?
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

idiotic thread, complaining bitch.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Bad player is bad player.

I voted yes

flame on, I care not about you people

hells yea, I'll vote for free gear and day of tha week!

you took the "RPG" out of the "MMORPG" genre.

leaving MMO alone, (massive mulltiplayer online), which alone does not look so attractive anymore...
    Don't Fwoosh me.

No.

Your asking for gear for LITERALLY zero effort at all... This is probably one of the stupidist ideas that I have heard in a long time.
    And plus, when we all leveled to 80, we all started at the same point there, it's your choice what to do from there. So if your lazy and never decided to work for the gear, or you just plain sucked, why should you get rewarded for it?
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

Ehm, this would be fair if thought off better allow me to modify your idea!

If blizzard do this which I dont think they would what they can do is
    NO PVE GEAR ALLOWED or make it allowed but only lets say off set peices
    and probably just 1-2 major peices such as T7.5 shoulders and legs for a mage
    due to the fact they give haste and the set bonus is amazing, they should allow
    only a little amount of PvE items, lets say 3-5

Second idea any one bellow 1k rating should get a set that is the full blue set
    that you can buy off AH the idea is that any one below 1k rating is only allowed
    to equip those items any one above 1k can use hatefull or the blue BoE peices
    people above 1.6k are allowed to equip Hatefull Blue BoE peices or deadly
    people above the least rating for a furious peices *disregarding gloves ofcourse*
    I cant remember the exact amount but I think it was 1750 should be able to equip
    furious peices.

Pros about this are that it will be balanced gear wise and will be completely fair.

Cons people who do/did VoA will wine and bitch that they're gear has become useless and the popularity of VoA will decrease.

Obviously - NO.
    Why Not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka

Ok everyone, the bad frost mage agrees that this would be a radical idea assuming that you can have no pve gear allowed.. except for mages who "need" it. Oh and before I get harassed by people because he doesn't necessarily say just mages; he really does mean it 100% for just mages. Well I for one am totally for this.

LOL@THISTHREAD.

Yeah, lets give EVERY PERSON who dings 80 free gear hahahahahaha

People are getting uppity because they have trouble thinking outside of whatever box WoW is at the moment.

Off the top of my head, I'd say most pvp games work from a more equalized stat situation than WoW. It isn't too outlandish to imagine some arena-only armor players get as competitors.

However, the person above who pointed out that it takes the RPG out of MMORPG probably has the best answer. The live realms are not meant to be this perfect skill vs. skill competition, else why even have WoW? Why not just design some superior pvp system in a fantasy game getup?

Truth is, the sort of equal playing field the OP is talking about is what you see on the tourney realms (as far as I understand, I've never put a team on there), and I think that's a fine place to leave it.

That said, gear -really- isn't that important in pvp. Anecdotes are anecdotal and all, but: My guild is primarily PvErs.. We have casual pvp, but almost none of us are serious arena competitors. Just not something we have time for, in addition to raiding. However, we have one guy who seems to have a bad case of altitis, while also being a serious arena player.

3 or 4 times since LK has hit, he's brought a character to 80, and within a day or two had 1800+ rating in 2s. Wearing a mix of savage and hateful, some quest blues, etc. Maybe our battlegroup is just -that bad-, but I think it's more that he knows comps and how to find counters to them. Classic case of skill > gear.

So honestly I think the gear issue is probably not a real issue at all. That's part of why Blizz has base damage + scaling damage. We've all got a bare minimum gear level. :P

Wow, no prejudice at all in the poll.
    Not gonna vote, but wow is a game based on gear. (oh yes, we played rms today with a hateful shaman. 2300-2400 mmr)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

When 3.2 hits, cant you just farm heroics to buy high level PvP gear with Conquest emblems anyway?

imo, it's the imbalance of classes/abilities that make PvP silly sometimes, not what gear the opponent has.
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

No. Tournament realms exist if you want them.
    Carthago delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka

Second idea any one bellow 1k rating should get a set that is the full blue set
    that you can buy off AH the idea is that any one below 1k rating is only allowed
    to equip those items any one above 1k can use hatefull or the blue BoE peices
    people above 1.6k are allowed to equip Hatefull Blue BoE peices or deadly
    people above the least rating for a furious peices *disregarding gloves ofcourse*
    I cant remember the exact amount but I think it was 1750 should be able to equip
    furious peices.

Pros about this are that it will be balanced gear wise and will be completely fair.

Cons people who do/did VoA will wine and bitch that they're gear has become useless and the popularity of VoA will decrease.

You suck and your are stupid as fuck, there is already a crafted pvp blue set that most smart people had ready for them when everyone first hit 80, they had a legup on everyone else in pvp, people could either go straight into pvp with limited pve epics or into pvp with a about 600 resilience and rocket too the tops, everything was balanced when everyone first hit 80, if you are bitching because gear isnt balance and that furious geared people will remain at the top because people in deadly gear cant reach the furious gear, you are stupid, if people in deadly or hateful or even pve epics, cannot beat a noobish team undeserving of furious gear, then they are the ones undeserving of gear.