Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If you could design the Arthas / Lich king raid boss encounter...

If you could design the Arthas / Lich king raid boss encounter

How would the fight go?

if It was up to me, I would make a phase where we fight just the frostmourn and end up destorying it. and I would also make phase where you had to fight souls that the frostmourn has taken aka Bolvar and that orc dude (surfang?).

I would also make a phase where lich king has 50 mil hp, 5 min enrage and does cleaves that do 200k shared dmg to players infront of him.

and offcourse the encounter would have void zones.

also an ability called soul link, where you soul would be linkeed to 3 ppl and you would have to stay togather. kinda like yog sarons brain link but 3 ppl.

There would also be an ability called soul trade where, you trade souls with one of your raid members and have to play as there character or something.

Re: If you could design the Arthas / Lich king raid boss encounter...

intresting but i dont know where you would come up with 166k Raid dps when you have to run around for soul links and playing your other raid members characters :P.

I would just have a big button in the middle of the room called Summon Chuck Norris, and you have to beat the Lich King in a giant game of Scrabble, where you are the 3rd letter in your name!!

Quote Originally Posted by Upayidance
    intresting but i dont know where you would come up with 166k Raid dps when you have to run around for soul links and playing your other raid members characters :P.

Those are diffrent phases, the burn phase will be one phase alone with cleaves and hard enrage timer.

15+ Year Old Account

Ghouls.... MORE GHOULS!
    GHOULS BASED ON HOW MANY PLAYERS PLAY WOW WORLD WIDE * 2

grmh... so i want ghouls
    and when raid member dies rly evil ghoul rises
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

A set percent chance that Arthas uses a 1000 yard range aoe attack that one hits everyone in the raid.

Every player that dies in the raid will return and fight u, or heal the lich king, depending on class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    Every player that dies in the raid will return and fight u, or heal the lich king, depending on class.
    as class resembling GHOUL!
    sry had to do that

i think ghouls are cute
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

First of all the encounter will only have a hard mode and no 10 man version, because the fight is supposed to be epic.

It should be a 5 phase fight, preferably as long as the Illidan encounter. The enrage timer should be tight at the same time as lots of moving and things that need to be timed are involved.

Phase 1 could be something similar to M'uru p1 but with different undead beings.
    In the final phase all adds killed in phase 1 will come alive once again.

If there is one element I'd like to see repeat itself from another encounter it's the Fatal Attraction from Mother Shahraz.

I think it would be cool if for the Arthas fight, everyone was in various vehicles such as seige engines and demolishers. And at various parts during the fight people would have to be launched on to his back. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    I think it would be cool if for the Arthas fight, everyone was in various vehicles such as seige engines and demolishers. And at various parts during the fight people would have to be launched on to his back. >.>
    Oooh, I want to jump onto the sarcasm train aswell.

Arthas should have 8 different modes on 10 man and 8 on 25 man so EVERYONE may do it at the exact difficulty that is best for them. Much vehicles SHOULD be involved aswell. Arthas should also appear in a 5 man instance in 3.4 so the people that didn't experience him on one of the 16 different difficulty modes will surely do it then...

Killing Arthas and then binding Ner'zhul's spirit into the C'thun & Cho'gull hybrid guy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Humanity
    also an ability called soul link, where you soul would be linkeed to 3 ppl and you would have to stay togather. kinda like yog sarons brain link but 3 ppl.
    That would be nice, especially if there is alot of raid dmg which increases when people are close to eachother meaning the 3 linked people will require alot of healing aswell.

There would also be an ability called soul trade where, you trade souls with one of your raid members and have to play as there character or something.
    Uber awesome.

would like to first fight his frostwyrm (named?) and then fight abit against him where he cleaves and uses adds and all that kinda stuff, but in the end when we got him to x% he would just stomp in the ground stunning everyone and start to yell "Im growin tired of you little people! ive had my fun, now DIE!!!" then oneshot everyone in the raid, open a portal and go away leaving a chest for us to loot

DONT MAKE US ABLE TO KILL HIM PLEASE BLIZZARD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irealenta
    THE RULE!
    • [li]If the tank dies, its the healers fault.[/li]
    • [li]If the healer dies, its the tanks fault.[/li]
      [li]If the dps die, its their own fault.[/li]

Quote Originally Posted by Aussa
    would like to first fight his frostwyrm (named?) and then fight abit against him where he cleaves and uses adds and all that kinda stuff, but in the end when we got him to x% he would just stomp in the ground stunning everyone and start to yell "Im growin tired of you little people! ive had my fun, now DIE!!!" then oneshot everyone in the raid, open a portal and go away leaving a chest for us to loot

DONT MAKE US ABLE TO KILL HIM PLEASE BLIZZARD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aussa
    (named?)
    Sindragosa.

Also, I hope Millhouse Manastorm comes into play, just to give the Lich King an extra large can of whoop-ass.

Deleted

Tbh, I think a mechanic KINDA like the Archimonde skill should be used. Whenever someone in the raid dies, theyre soul is absorbed by Frostmourne, and then either the player gets ressed and dps's the raid or heals the Lich King, or, Arthas gets a special power, or buff, depending on the class.

wow that's actually a pretty sweet idea. The mechanics would be pretty hard though :/. But oh man I can just imagine the Vent going mad "Divine intervention ? Oh this will probably heal the tank" xp.

Would be nice to have some RNG waves before the fight ( hyjal style, but with no regen) as P1

P2 tank n' spank with Arthas going on about how much he's better than us yadiyada.. using several abilities (like the one OP suggested).
    It would be nice if during the whole fight you're linked with someone, and if one person dies the other dies too, if one person gets a poison or something the other gets it too in addition to having both stand very close or very far away (i doubt the very far away, imagine melee :/). In addition to this arthas will cast a spell on 4people making them have to stand far away (can be cast on the person you're linked with and you, which will make for an intensive healing phase - i'm thinking 7.5k damage per second if far away, 12k per sec if you're next to a guy you shouldn't be (there will be a few seconds to have time to run away)).
    P3 the frostmourne could be trying to take control of you so perhaps we could be ported somewhere and having to fight a clone ? Or 2v2 with your linked guy. People that fail to kill their clones in X amount of time will be turned into ... A GHOUL (woot). Though this sounds tough for double-healer links.
    Don't have an idea for P4.
    P5 could be the classic tank n' spank + timer +adds + abilities from P1 (+ Clones of people that appear randomly but are really tough ? Or maybe in P3 you can't actualy kill your clones (too much HP) and they come back with that amount of health times X ? sounds more suitable for the double-healer link).

edit: As for archimonde, if anyone dies the lich king drains your soul = +hp +damage etc.. ( yes this means that when you die arthas will win double hp and damage cause you're linked )

wold be nice to see some people like Sylvanas and Tirion helping in the fight
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

I'm not sure about the fight but what I would really like is that in the end he either escapes or turns good and offers everyone tea along with some patting on the shoulders.

Im not going to go into the damage or many abilities, I will design it more lorewise...

The group of heroes rush to the Lich King who is sitting on the Frozen Throne. As all of the raid members come into the chamber, a scripted event starts.

Lich King: "Welcome mortals..."
    Lich King stands up
    Lich King: "...To your doom!"
    Lich King casts an instant kill spell killing everyone in raid and reanimates someone randomly. Tirion rushes in.
    Tirion: "Arthas, the day of judgement is upon you! You will pay for all the crimes you have ever done. The Ashbringer will be the last thing your fool eyes will ever see!"
    Lich King: "Your bravery is admirable, Tirion, but you are a fool. Unlike you, I'm immortal! Look, I snapped your force of the most powerful heroes of Azeroth in a few seconds. What shall I do to you?"
    Tirion ressurects everyone except the person who got reanimated. They receive a buff "Light of the Ashbringer" which allows 2x damage against the undead.
    Tirion: "You underestimate the Ashbringer, Arthas!"
    Lich King charges at Tirion. Tirion tanks Lich King in the first phase.

At 80%, Lich King smites Tirion and he is brought to only a small amount of his health. As Lich King stuns everyone in the raid, Rhonin, Alexstraza, Sylvanas and Darion appears. Rhonin knockbacks Lich King with Fireball. An echo of Alexander's speech is heard. "One day you will wield the Ashbringer, but that day is not today..." Tirion stands up and hands the Ashbringer to Darion, which purifies him (not undead anymore, becomes a paladin).

Lich King: "How...touching."
    Lich King charges at Tirion, killing him.
    Darion: "Monster! For the Tirion! Charge!"
    Lich King DOESN'T tank Darion, he tanks a person from the raid.

At 50%, Lich King creates a shield that doesn't allow any damage to pass thought and starts casting a 5 minute spell, which will kill everyone outside the shield. This is the 3rd phase. You must take down the Shield. The task is made much more difficult by many undead coming into chamber. When the shield is down, Lich King gets more abilities and adds continue to spawn.

At 30%, Kel'thuzad appears and buffs Lich King who now takes only 20th of the damage. Kel'thuzad must be killed. for the battle to contuinue and the buff to be taken off.

At 5%, Lich King shouts "Enough!" and becomes enraged. Alexstraza starts to cast "The Circle of Life". You must protect her for 45 seconds and then Alexstraza uses all her life force to kill Lich King.

Can't be bothered to think of the scripted event after...

P.S.
    1. Ashbringer CAN cure the Undead. Fairbanks is an example.
    2. Kel'Thuzad WASN'T killed in Naxxramas as I can't remember the phylactery to be destroyed.