Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4 Dragonseye equipped.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how its possible to have 4 dragonseye gems equipped at the same time.

Here is a link to a player with 4 Bold Dragonseye gems equipped: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%27gall&n=Lafu

Observe:

Bracers: +27 str gem
    Weapon: +27 str gem
    Gloves: +27 str gem
    Belt: +27 str gem

Ignore my noob'ness toward this subject if its something that's obvious, but I thought you were only allowed to have 3 Dragonseye gems equipped at the same time.

I find it interesting that they are placed on the weapon and bracers. This player also swapped their Blacksmithing to Engineering after having done the extra socket to bracers, and placing the gem in that slot.

I have done quite a bit of searching and still haven't found a way to get this working.
    I have also searched around a bit for any other players using 4 of these gems at the same time, but yet to have found any other then this one.

Please link any other player that is doing the same thing if you know of any as well.

Exploit? O.o /Discuss

P.S. in b4 any reply's saying the next patch will remove / fix this, I would like to know how to do it in this patch right now. ty
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

Re: 4 Dragonseye equipped.

the dropping of his bsing might have the game confused as that not being a socket(bracers) so therefore the gem "isnt" in his gear allowing him the 4 DE's
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Chances are on his character sheet it will say "Requires 400 Blacksmithing" and does not count towards his actual stats.

Interesting.

i like your avatar

and like taztingo already said, without blacksmithing those sockets are not working (as intended) so it's not counted towards 3 since he won't get the stats from them
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

The explanation is simple. He had BS and JC. He got bracers, put an extra socket on them and socketed with 3 Bold Dragonseye, by that time he had 3 Dragonseye in the gear so no problems. Then he realized that Engi is better than BS , lol, and switched to Engi. After deleting BS the socket remained on bracer, but couldnt be used anymore (as for level 400 required in BS). So he realized the mistake and decided to socket another thing with Dragonseye to get to the 3 Dragonseyes in his gear. But the one in the socket on bracer is useless atm. The end.

Ty all for the quick reply's.

That makes sense.

I bet this player keeps it like that to confuse people, lolz

P.S. lol Dentoid ;D :P

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    He keeps it like that because you can't modify or remove the socket once you've dropped BS.
    This.

What if he dropped engineering and lvl'd blacksmithing back up to 400 with the "3rd" dragonseye in his other peice of gear, does the dragon's eye in his bracers become active again? J/w

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Malicious
    What if he dropped engineering and lvl'd blacksmithing back up to 400 with the "3rd" dragonseye in his other peice of gear, does the dragon's eye in his bracers become active again? J/w
    This.

there is only one way to find out, anyone here that's filthy rich to do it?
    [Banned] For trolling.
    =======<()

whats more concerning is

Why is he putting dragonseye JC Gems, in prismatic slots....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus
    whats more concerning is

Why is he putting dragonseye JC Gems, in prismatic slots....
    I thought the same thing, but regardless I still would like to see if its possible that you can re-level BS back to 400 and get the gem to work.

Something tells me that it would un-equip the piece of gear and put it in your bags when you hit 400.

Probably never gonna find an answer to that, but if anyone gets around to doing it let us know&#160; ;D

Edit: anyone with a link to another player that has 4 dragonseye gems equipped like above (+ 10 points if they have 400 BS as well) would be entertaining and appreciated.

There is no other situation in the game where it automaticly equips or unequips your gear, I believe the game has no mechanic to auro un equip gear , and I strongly doubt it would do that. Releveling BS may well work, but it would force him to never unequip any of his gear with dragon's eye's in it ever again, or he would have to relevel it again, personally I think its a cool idea tho and someone should test it.

Quote Originally Posted by evoslayer
    There is no other situation in the game where it automaticly equips or unequips your gear
    What happens if you level engineering as an example, and equip one of those helms that say "requires xxx level engineering" then you un-learn engineering while wearing that piece of gear, what happens?

Also I wonder if leveling BS back to 400 actually does make it work, if you can do the same thing with stormjewels (even though its better to do it with dragonseyes because they offer more stats then a stormjewel does), curious.

This could be an interesting twist for best in slot setups as long as it doesn't get hotfixed (because of this thread [woops :-X]) provided that leveling BS back does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilla
    What happens if you level engineering as an example, and equip one of those helms that say "requires xxx level engineering" then you un-learn engineering while wearing that piece of gear, what happens?
    you'll still have the piece of gear equipped, it won't give you the stats/buffs/use mechanics/etc it's supposed to give you
    atleast it was like that back in the seventies with alchemy trinkets
    [Banned] For trolling.
    =======<()

When Titans Grip first came out, if one specced into it, equipped two 2h weapons, then specced to something different, the offhand would be automatically unequipped when the warrior changed zones.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

After thinking about it some more, what would probably happen is when you level BS back to 400, the gem just wouldn't work.

It would probably still be in the socket, but the text that says "maximum of 3" would be red for the gem in that slot, and not for the other 3 in the other slots.

Anyways, quirky find huh? lol :P *starts thinking of other similar possible sub par exploits*

Quote Originally Posted by evoslayer
    There is no other situation in the game where it automaticly equips or unequips your gear, I believe the game has no mechanic to auro un equip gear , and I strongly doubt it would do that. Releveling BS may well work, but it would force him to never unequip any of his gear with dragon's eye's in it ever again, or he would have to relevel it again, personally I think its a cool idea tho and someone should test it.
    Actually, this is not true, seeing as the game will remove your off hand weapon as soon as you change zones / log in / out if you have to spend talents to get dual wield (Enhance shaman for example) and spec out of that talent.

Deleted

Consider making a ticket about this, it is unfair against other PvPers...he has a small advantage compared to others. Even though its only a small advantage, in arena every detail counts.

Some may say its overreacting, i say keep it fair...