Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 3.2 Companion Pets

Patch 3.2 Companion Pets
    This patch will have its share of new companion pets and most of them have been discovered on PTRs now.

Oracle / Wolvar Orphans
    Curious Wolvar Pup and Curious Oracle Hatchling are the new pet rewards for the Children's Week. These orphans have their own questlines in Northrend

You will receive a mail a moment later with your Wolvar/Oracle pet attached.

Shimerring Wyrmling
    The Shimmering Wyrmling is sold by the Silver Covenant and Sunreavers Quartermasters, you can buy it for 40 x Champion's Seal. It isn't bound on pick up but it can only be used by people exalted with The sunreavers / The Silver Convenant depending on your faction.

Raptors
    8 New raptor companion pets have been added to the game in this patch. You can find a lot of them on rare elite raptors throughout the world, the droprate is currently 100% for all of them.

Calico Cat - Calico Cat
    A new Cat Carrier probably drop from somewhere but I couldn't find it on PTRs yet, for the moment it is NOT available from Donni Anthania in Elwynn Forest.

Macabre Marionette - Macabre Marionette
    This is most likely a pet linked to the new Day of the Dead world event, this is pure speculation and there isn't any reliable information on this pet.

Onyx Panther - Onyx Panther
    There isn't any information on this pet for the moment, but it's linked to the Onyx Panther achievement.

Jade Tiger - Jade Tiger
    There isn't any information on this pet for the moment, but it's linked to the Jade Tiger achievement.

Re: Patch 3.2 Companion Pets

first!

Edit (Boubouille) - Posting "first" in news posts. 7 days ban

Is it me or are the details (in graphics) of them pets getting better and better

It's just you and the texture res XD
    Brewmaster Garaddon @ Burning Legion EU

Quote Originally Posted by Grantz
    Is it me or are the details (in graphics) of them pets getting better and better

It's just you, all they did was just scale down already current models so you can't see how horrible their artwork is.

Isn't the Jade Tiger the China 4th anniversary giveaway pet?

It seems you can only do 1 of the new children's week quest lines on the PTR (and therefore only get 1 of the new pets) at the moment. I hope this just locks you out of the other pet for 1 year, so you can do the other quest line next year and have both pets.

Urgh. Those raptors with their oversized head...

Big head dogs anyone?

Boub,found a mistake there :P. Dart is in dustwallow marsh not barrens

I had hoped that they would actually make new models for the wolvar and gorloc pets. Not just shrunk down adults.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrus
    Isn't the Jade Tiger the China 4th anniversary giveaway pet?
    That's what was suspected, but the 4th anniversary has already come and gone for them, so it's unlikely that it'll be related to that. June 7th was the date it would have been released if it were.

The Macabre Marionette fits better with the Day of the Dead event more so than Hallow's End.

Id say the marionette is tied to the new day of the dead world event actually. Seeing as that holiday has a dead puppet kina theme to it when celebrated in RL.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyThought
    The Macabre Marionette fits better with the Day of the Dead event more so than Hallow's End.
    I was thinking Pirate Day.. Oh well, we'll see

Day of the Dead is a Latin American holiday, celebrating the dead, which uses skeletons & skulls as its primary form of decoration...

The pet is a skeleton wearing a sombrero.

This isn't rocket science folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Macabre Marionette - Macabre Marionette
    This is most likely a pet linked to the Hallow's End world event, this is pure speculation and there isn't any reliable information on this pet.
    Disagree, probably the Day of the Dead event.

Did anyone mention Day of the Dead yet? Did you know they call it Dia De Los Muertos in Mexico? No? Then you should have paid more attention to the PBS/Discovery Channel show you watched about it!

Im pretty sure it IS rep based.
    Now the question is, is switching during the childrens week gonna make sure you can do both sides.. or just 1 per year?

15+ Year Old Account

The Gorloc/Wolvar pets are NOT tied to your reputation.

And I want that new kitten! Calico cats ftw.

More pets. Cute but that's about it.

Imo, its annoying to have to re-summon them each time you zone / fly too far from them.
    If you activate them they should remain active permanently until un-summoned.