Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Please stop complaining about Tier 9

First of all, We haven't seen all the sets yet.

Secondly, Alliance Paladin set with the emblem of the lion on its chest, the same emblem that stormwind has. That's pretty much says 'Alliance' to me.

Thirdly, I'd rather have the tier 9 and have the same design shape as the DK or Warrior than some generic power-ranger looking crap we always got beforehand.

Finally, can I just point out something. Look at tier 8, and look at for example, the tier-gear compared to the non-tiered gear. Non-tiered gear, you have Tanking gear the looks of the warrior set, DPS gear the looks of the Deathknight set, and healing gear obviously the same as a paladin. If you wanted to be a tankadin or a retribution paladin, you'd have to look like either a warrior or Deathknight, especially regarding boots and belts where there aren't any that match the paladin tier 8.

In otherwords: THERE'S NOTHING DIFFERENT HERE, WE'RE STILL GOING TO LOOK LIKE THE OTHER CLASSES!

However, I'd still rather the sets look like they are now rather than have Blizzard waste time and money working on designing, building, animating and implementing 20 PvE sets and 10 PvP sets when they could actually spend time working on the game itself.

Complaining about the tier set looks mean you're nothing but graphics whores. Sorry, but that's the way you are.

Complaining about the new Teir sets wont get you anywhere. instead, try to see it form a diffrent view:

1. The sets do look very similar, agreed, but they also look quite badass.

2. Noticed how they look quite soildier like? Might be a little twist from blizzard how they gear you up for the war against the lich king.

3. You will only "share" look with 1-2 other classes, and blizz will be releasing 20 diffrent armor sets, 10 ally and 10 horde, which still mean there are plenty of models around.

4. Giving horde and allience diffrent armor is just brilliant. The allience and horde sets really fit in to their diffrent cultures. Instead of whinning how much you will be like the two other plate classes of your faction, at least you dont have to look like the other half. If there had only been 1 look for both factions, i could understand why people would get pissed off, and blame blizzard for giving three classes the exactly same look. However, this is not the case.

People wouldn't be as mad if the Tier sets didn't look so derived and uninspired.
    The armor just sucks this time around.
    On top of that, you're going to homogenize Armor Tiers just to distinguish Alliance with Horde?
    It's just 2 crap sandwiches at once. If T9 was as awesome looking at T8, it wouldn't be as bad.
    Please, look a little further than your own nose. Dont you think that blizzard have an idea behind these sets? Take a look at them. As i have mentioned earlier in this post, the sets are made to fit in to the cultures, and the similarities between the classes is to give more of a "gearing for war" feeling, that the soldiers of both sides are finally getting ready to face the lich king. Dont say that the sets are ugly, you havnt seen them in action yet.
    so basically uniforms, youre supposed to look part of an army. Stop QQing
    couldnt put it better.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like they're making themed tier sets now, rather than just be a unique design that has nothing to do with the instance it's from.

Tier 7 / 7.5's theme was that of the previous Tier 3 which was in the original Naxxramas, which makes sense.
    Tier 8 / 8.5's theme was that of Ulduar, especially the Warrior set. (However there are some exceptions, i.e. Warlock)
    Tier 9 looks to be like it's following the theme of how the Alliance and Horde would armor themselves.

I mean, I agree that they look weird, but at least they're still trying to follow the theme.

Try to realize something
    This is a smaller patch coming out a lot faster then 3.1, obviously
    Its somewhat of a hold-you-over thing while they're working on Icecrown Citadel, because I'd put my life on it that they're more concerned over it then 3.2.
    Thats my assumption as to why 3.2 is semi-lackluster.
    And in my opinion I like them, I don't care if they're recolors or not.
    Granted I wouldn't like that all the time
    Blizz is using this patch to give themselves more time on Icecrown because they want that to be a truly epic experience that we won't soon forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    "And on the seventh day, God created the shotgun in order to protect us from homosexuals and communists"

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    Secondly, Alliance Paladin set with the emblem of the lion on its chest, the same emblem that stormwind has. That's pretty much says 'Alliance' to me.
    Take a look at the alliance warlock and horde shaman and tell me those don't look like they'd be on the same side.

I play to raid, that's about all I do. I still have to see my character, in fact I have to see it more than any other character, so it's important to me that I don't want to log out in disgust every time I look at the ugly ass gear he's wearing.

Maybe it's just the shoulders, though. Maybe I can get away with replacing them with something palatable and make the rest of the gear, which is really just a skin as I always play with helmets off, workable. And maybe if I get a good cloak, that'll hide the rest of the armor. So maybe I can make this work just by covering up as much as possible.

no, I wont stop.

T9 is ugly
    I've no idea what to write here.

I guess it doesn't matter that all classes always looked alike in their teir gear...
    i mean tier gear has always been the same if you think about it right? i mean warriors in their gear looked like warriors and warlocks in their gear looked like other warlocks. So why complain now if you ask me it's a little late since classes always looked the same in teir gear, since there was no race or class specific color or design.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    Please get into a conversation with a Blizzard art designer. Tell them that because their company makes so much money, they should have more completely unique armour sets for all classes and maybe Horde/Alliance too.

If their answer isn't a politely worded "fuck you", you can have a cookie.
    But I doubt it's the art designers who are the ones deciding to not have more variety in the gear design, it's the people who are paying them to do it. Honestly, why shouldn't people expect more out of the most popular MMO in the world that's getting millions of dollars a month. And it's not even that I'm asking that they design it a certain way, just have some damn variety in what they design. So much more of the non-tier gear is exactly the same as the tier gear except for a few pieces in terms of the graphical design in this expansion, so why is it in WotLK they have become 'more lazy' with this when before there was so much more variety. It's not because they were making more money then that's for sure.

Seriously though, this whole thing isn't just about the design of the gear, it's about Blizzard starting to get lazy and sloppy in some areas of the game and is why people complain about it. Yes they've done a great job with most of it, but some things you just have to question why haven't they put as much effort into as others.

I also get what the whole tier 9 thing is, and realize that it's really not much more more than 8.5 upgrade, but what I'm arguing about isn't just the t9 design. All of WotLK graphical design for gear is extremely cut and paste from the low level blues to the tier sets and off set gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I understand that people think that because the Tier 9 between people of the same faction and same armor class look similar, which sets some people off.

However, ask yourself, has tier gear really been unique for quite awhile now? Take Tier 8 for example, There's 2-3 Non Tier items that are recolors of actual tier items. Take the Priest Tier 8 for example; there's quite a lot of people going around with the Red colored version of it, and even more going around with the recolored hat.

For all we know, Tier 9 might be the only item with it's colors and Design. They might even go the way of Tier 7, where the different versions of the armor (as in Tier 9 and 9.5 (or whatever you want to call it)) might have extra designs on the higher class armors.
    But i like to complain... What will i ever do now
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

People saying shit like 'it has no impact on your game, your just a graphics whore stop the QQ' are retards.

I like playing wow. i take pride in knowing my class, wearing the best gear available, gemming and enchanting it efficiently and playing my best.

BUT - the reason i like the game is the most basic deep down. i chose to play a warlock. i like the idea of being a spell caster, with a dark twist. i like the idea of fire and shadow being my tools of destruction instead of a 2h sword the size of Cloud's. I like when i'm fighting a raid boss for the fights to be complicated, to be challenging and in essence be visually gratified by what i'm doing. Otherwise why have an avatar at all? why not just have my toon as a black ball, and the boss as a white ball in a square room? 'the game is just a glorified spread sheet' someone else said earlier. Yes. Yes your right. so where is my glorified tier set?

You see Ashes of Alar being ridden by someone and your jaw drops, because it is the sexiest mount in the game - because, not only is it rare - it actually looks completely amazing, and i'm sure those that have it enjoy just watching their toon ride about on it. But why? people have 310% mounts so they should feel the same right cos its all in the numbers!!! well, no because one looks better than the other (subjective i know, but i am yet to meet anyone in 3 yrs of playing that disagrees that ashes is the best looking mount ingame).

When i look at my toon, the thing i have invested so much of my time in - the fucking thing better be worth looking at. I'm Level 80. i have defeated every boss in this game except Algalon and most hardmodes. this isnt a childish brag, its to make a point. my toon SHOULD look fucking amazing after defeating these foes, otherwise the game designers have failed. Because its part of the whole package. Someone else earlier said 'who cares what it looks like its the stats that count!!!1one1!!!' my reply to that short sighted statement is 'Who the fuck wants to drive a Fiat Panda with a porsche engine under the hood?'. It just isnt as fun.

There is doing something, then there is doing something with style. I wanna do it AND look good doing it. With wow, that means that when i look at my warlock, it needs to look like one, not like 'insert other class here' because 'we're supposed to be an army bla bla bla'. Fine. Make all Ally/horde sets have 1 thing in common, like an emblem somewhere on each set (not necessarily on the same piece for each), but please god make the sets different in and of themselves.

Really would have preferred them adding bracers belt and boots to t8 like sunwell.

Roll on tier 10. Must work harder Blizz.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

flammable

Listen try to understand that one of the major reasons for playing an MMO is the feeling that your character is unique and powerful and you get the epic looking gear that sets you apart from the great unwashed that roams across the world.

Raiding is what made WoW into the success that it currently is and can you remember how amazing Tier 2 and Tier 3 was? I was looking at them earlier and they are vastly superior to tier gear since. Blizzard needs to divert resources into the modeling department because they are what people really care about more than having 4 versions of the same instance.

I will damn well complain as much as I like about the models of Tier 9 because raiders need their gear to look good. Really guys, go look at Tier 2 and Tier 3 and tell me that your not dissapointed with what we have had to get recently. I can't say how much I look for a game that puts raiders #1 again.

Players who complete the Heroic 25 man should get armor with unique and the best looking models to seperate them apart from the scrubs who can't compete. I want to be able to spot their gear a mile away and know their a good player.

Apologies for no spell checker.

the two posters above me --- you are gods
    anyone wanking over this army crap and telling people not to provide feedback on a product they are paying for is dead wrong and ought to read (or Re-read) these posts.
    V