Thread: Raiding guild.

Raiding guild.

Hey All! Im fairly new here, but I see alot of well thought out posts every now and again so maybe I can hopefully get one of those.

Recently, I've decided to transfer servers, seeing as how some friends from school also play. Now what we've all decided to do was to start a raiding guild seeing as how it'd be easy for us to "Lift off" with the 3.2 changes and go straight into Ulduar. Now what I would like to know is as to how you can be successful as a hardcore raiding guild? We aim to be hardcore and one of the top contenders for top guilds, so we'd like to know what some of the preffered methods are as to running a guild (Bank system, Loot system, etc.)

For starters we've all agreed that with the 3.2 patch, it'd be insanely easy for bads to get gear, so we've agreed on a "You've got gear, now try to perform to your potential" type thing, where if you're not as good as you could be, we'd help try to improve in aspects where the player seems to be falling short, if they still perform poorly, they wont raid, simple as that.

Would this system work for filtering through players? How long will it take to form a good 25-man group of raiders via this method?

(Counting all of us, we have the right amount of specs for 10-mans, since theres exactly 10 of us, with the EXACT same specs that are needed. Go figure )

Re: Raiding guild.

There are probably 100 posts like yours on this site. Go to tankspot.com and read about their guild ideals... they also have a really good podcast for that sorta stuff.
    stratfu.com also has a nice little section on all this...

Again, I am pretty sure you are re-posting a thread that has been posted many times. Use the search feature.

Q: Have we considered providing more tanking leather and to prevent extra loot clutter possibly finding ways for Balance and Restoration druids to use solely cloth item since they often use them already?

Ghostcrawler: No. Druids are a leather-using class.

what det said.. Do the naxx25 runs first to learn managing 25 ppl. and even though naxx is easy, its still training, and u will soon enough see who is slacking at encounters, food buffs, flasks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaruke
    Hey All! Im fairly new here, but I see alot of well thought out posts every now and again so maybe I can hopefully get one of those.

Recently, I've decided to transfer servers, seeing as how some friends from school also play. Now what we've all decided to do was to start a raiding guild seeing as how it'd be easy for us to "Lift off" with the 3.2 changes and go straight into Ulduar. Now what I would like to know is as to how you can be successful as a hardcore raiding guild? We aim to be hardcore and one of the top contenders for top guilds, so we'd like to know what some of the preffered methods are as to running a guild (Bank system, Loot system, etc.)

For starters we've all agreed that with the 3.2 patch, it'd be insanely easy for bads to get gear, so we've agreed on a "You've got gear, now try to perform to your potential" type thing, where if you're not as good as you could be, we'd help try to improve in aspects where the player seems to be falling short, if they still perform poorly, they wont raid, simple as that.

Would this system work for filtering through players? How long will it take to form a good 25-man group of raiders via this method?

(Counting all of us, we have the right amount of specs for 10-mans, since theres exactly 10 of us, with the EXACT same specs that are needed. Go figure )
    Sorry were talking about ninjas and morality right now
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

I'm a GM and my advice is not to bother. I became GM when the old one stopped playing wow. None of the over officers wanted it. If I didn't take it the guild was finished.

People will moan, people will bitch, people will slag you off, people will spit on you, people that you considered your friend will turn around and subject you to a torrent of abuse because ONCE you didn't do what they wanted.

You spend hours looking up tactics for new bosses and analysing failures. You spend hours managing people, items, sorting out crap from the guild bank, making sure everyone is food buffed and potted, making sure all the DKP is correct, making sure vent is paid for, making sure the guild website is paid for, keeping everyone as happy as you can and half the time failing.

If you cant hold you own against a wave of abuse because you decided something then don't even think about becoming a GM.

Why do I do it? Despite all the crap I have to put up with, all the QQ I take, all the management it requires, do I it for that feeling you get leading 25 people into battle and getting down a new boss. There really isn't much else like it.