Visible text: Jomaty
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omaty/advanced
    Gear set: Tier 11 (359)
    Helm visible: Yes, my engineering goggles please
    Your pose: Just a basic male Draenei idle stance, showing at least the upper body
    General colour scheme: Some green in there, the rest I'll leave to some of your designers to see what cool things you guys can come up with
    Any extras: Not that I can think of
    Last edited by Jomaty; 2011-07-22 at 11:17 PM.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Hey Guys,

I re-rolled from a rogue to a Death Knight when Cataclysm hit (Been playing since Vanilla) and I would be honored if one of you could make me a sig.
    I'm a Male Blood Elf Frost Death Knight and I do a little bit of everything, but raiding is my forte. I would prefer to keep that dark blood elf look that is available to Death Knights.

Visible text: Entrari of Vashj
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/vashj/Entrari/advanced *MMO-Champ isn't letting me link to the armory because I haven't posted enough. If you can't copy/paste the above link, then, please, search "Entrari". I'm on the Vashj server and I'm one of the top results.
    Gear set: I would prefer the T11 Regular DPS DK Set (Blueish & dark really fits a frost DK). I'd love to be dual wielding two Lava Spines if possible too (If you have a better idea, feel free to be creative)
    Helm visible: No Helm, please. Gotta show off the glowing eyes, black/blueish hair, and dark skin.
    Your pose: I'm going to leave this open to what the artist thinks will look best. I do love the Male Blood Elf "ready-to-attack" pose.
    General colour scheme: I like the idea of having a darker sig, so Black, dark blue, maybe a little red. Dark Blood Elves are pretty evil after all.
    Any extras: Whatever the artist thinks will fit best. I would like the sig to have a scary & mature feel to it.

Thank you to whoever picks this up! Have fun with it!

EDIT: Big thanks to Eunnie for putting this together in the time it took me to go out for a run!
    Last edited by Entrari; 2011-07-23 at 09:00 PM.

Signature:

Visible text: Boopsies

Armory link/Facial screenshot: http: //us.battle.net /wow/en/character /darrowmere/Boopsies/simple (take out spaces, it doesnt like me cause im new to mmo)

Gear set: 25 man Tier 7 shaman gear, its reddish orange and looks great. weapons : you see something you like (shes enhancement so she needs to dual wield if you do put some)

Helm visible: no helm please, i wanna show off those pearly whites

Your pose: totally up to the artist, but boopsies has a "looking cute n sassy style" leaning more on the sassy side

General colour scheme: up to the artist, but blue is nice agaisnt the green skin.

Any extras: suprise me, i really will enjoy this most if the artist puts their own spin.

PMR:

That cat is the bane of my existence! It was so hard to get a nice overlay without losing all it's features ;;D
    Anyway, made sure to make a dark color font as to not upset Crypt <3

/hug Cryptfiend ::]
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    Just so much sex in that tier 3 gundam suit x3
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Just so much sex in that tier 3 gundam suit x3
    If you think you are gonna find any sex is in that suit, im sorry but you dont know what your looking for.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Darthne View Post
    PMRs

Looks amazing, thanks a lot

Due to the shit going on in Norway, I'm slightly falling behind in the signature making since I have a cousin in Oslo that I haven't heard from.
    Spending hours in Photoshop doesn't feel all too important right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batpanic View Post
    Due to the shit going on in Norway, I'm slightly falling behind in the signature making since I have a cousin in Oslo that I haven't heard from.
    Spending hours in Photoshop doesn't feel all too important right now.
    Damn man, I dont think anybody will give a damn! Family in a time like this is way more important![COLOR=red]
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-23 at 03:44 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Visible text: Just the name, Taistee
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: I can't post links quite yet, but if you'd be kind enough to look on the armory I'm Taistee of Llane
    Gear set: Heroic DK T11, if possible
    Helm visible: Yes, I want my helm visible
    Your pose: Blood elf male sitting position would be nice
    General colour scheme: Light blue, maybe a hint of green
    Any extras: If its possible, I'd like it to look like splintered ice in the background.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    That's really good, loving Skarr. <3 But the font seems to blend too much into the background, it's somewhat hard to read, personally I think your lighter font from before made things stand out so much nicer, but as said in a previous comment, it doesn't draw your eye from the main picture. Either way though, it looks fabulous! Keep up the nice work.

(Example of constructive critisism + fair personal opinion right here guyz.)
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-23 at 03:45 PM.

MY new guild forum signature GIF

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    /cry peoples use of white text makes me want to hit babys...

I think he is wrong. Great signature. I think the semi see through font works really well. I wouldn't be changing it

[My Work] Not doing requests at moment thxs.

Deleted
    Restored, and snipped out any of the previous arguing. It's really helpful, so use it! Thanks to Soko! - Elyaan.

First of all I do agree that choosing a white coloured font for a longer paragraph is in general bad, and here is the reason: We normally force people to read paragraphed text since there are too many words to just scan the text and get the entire meaning of it. This means the reader will fixate on the text for a longer period of time. Now considering readability and the function of our eyes, white will in time become annoying to the eyes since it reflects all wavelengths of light and stimulates quite a few of the visual receptors in the eye. This will in time stress the eye over a longer period. Also light have a tendency to just spread and reflect itself, whereas darker colours absorb and stay in place. This means that white text on a black background will reflect on to other letters and try to spread. This may with some fonts trick your eye into believing the text is in bold and not regular when written in white.

However with readability we generally want a contrast between what is text and what is background and through time people have tend to use black on white or white on black. Now the issue with the white colour can be "fixed" to a degree by choosing a light grey colour. It makes it easier for the eye and you still have the contrast. Below is three paragraphs with Lorem ipsum in the following order White on black - Black on white - Grey on black. Which one do you find to be the easiest on the eye?

(Arguably horrible quality due to image hosting, but you can easily recreate this in either paint or Photoshop)

This is generally why most modern webpages try to avoid the used of a pure white, but actually use a light grey or have some sort of slightly grey texture/paper feel to it.

Now all this is for text you fixate on. For headers and labels, which are generally text you scan and don't spend much time on reading, white text is actually a fair choice. There won't be much text, so you will not be exposed over a long period and you won't stress the eye. You need a high contrast so people can scan the the word quickly and perceive the shape. If you don't have this you will either have 1) People who will have to spend time on deciphering what is written and thus have to memories it for the next time (perceiving law of recognition), you make the reader work to get your information you want to come across in the signature - or 2) people will skip the text (miss out the information about your toons name and placement), see the image and use that for recognition. To back this up I will use i4nis creations:

vs

(both good and interesting signatures)

Which one of these did you spend the most time on reading in order to see what was written?

Don't make your criticism too subjective, but try to take an objective view on it. If you have something against the use of white text, all fine with me, just don't try to force it on to other people unless there is some argumentation (rather than just: I don't like it) behind it. And there are plenty of other reasons to hit babies.

tl;dr Just read it -.-
    Adding: if people are going to quote this, take out most of the images and text. I have a bad habbit of making long posts and we already have a lot of fill about this subject now.

- Soko
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-07-23 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Restored.

Just got a call from my cousin, everyone seems to be safe *phew*

Anyway, PMR (not for MMO)
    PM if you want anything changed

And just an example of how the colors would work on the guild website:

-

Anothe
    r

Last edited by Nacly; 2011-07-23 at 04:57 PM. Reason: No edits, wat u talkin about mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude I am fully loving the sig you did for Mainx. You seriously can pull off some wicked monochroma! What is the font you used on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Dude I am fully loving the sig you did for Mainx. You seriously can pull off some wicked monochroma! What is the font you used on it?
    Thank you
    The big font is RealVirtue and the smaller one is Tw Cen MT Condensed

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    Visible text: Jomaty

Last edited by Nacly; 2011-07-23 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Do not think of a pink elephant.. go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Writing dis down on a postit like a bawss ... Thank you : p!

Quote Originally Posted by Sokogeka View Post
    I'm not here to bash you, but I will however question why you have so much against white text chosen for signatures. I'll also try to shed some light on this whole white as a font colour thing.

Don't make your criticism too subjective, but try to take an objective view on it. If you have something against the use of white text, all fine with me, just don't try to force it on to other people unless there is some argumentation (rather than just: I don't like it) behind it. And there are plenty of other reasons to hit babies.

tl;dr Just read it -.-
    Adding: if people are going to quote this, take out most of the images and text. I have a bad habbit of making long posts and we already have a lot of fill about this subject now.

- Soko
    Lol, Well I have always been taught to never use white text since in most cases it stands out and destroys flow and depth...

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batpanic View Post
    Thank you
    The big font is RealVirtue and the smaller one is Tw Cen MT Condensed

Blarg I can't find RealVirtue! Can you show/tell me where you got it?