Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Does Every Raid Have "That Guy?"

You know, the DPS that always dies, the one who draws too much threat trying reach the top of the DPS chart. Or, maybe he fails to move out of fire so he can finish his cast. Possibly, he starts his AOE a little early in Thorim's arena. He thinks that he doesn't need to continually move during the Hodir fight because that would hamper his DPS.

Anyway, you get my drift. As a healer, wasting mana and time healing this guy is very frustrating. Wasting Battle Rez's is even more annoying. So, besides just bitching, I'm curious if every raid has some version of "that guy." If so, assuming you aren't the raid leader, how do you address it? I ask because there is nothing more annoying to me then listenting to people bitch at others and throw out accusations in Vent.

Re: Does Every Raid Have "That Guy?"

I would assume so. There was a couple of these on my old server in my guild. Nothing worse then the warrior whirlwinding the boss before the tank has him under control. I think that people easily forget that the dps meter doesn't mean a damn thing if the boss doesn't die.

Yea.....except he DOES move during Hodir and he hasn't been to thorim with us yet.

Kinda annoying...we yell at him all the time though..he's got a thick head

I didn't MEAN to pull aggro!!!!

That guy for us is one of our holy priests. The kid just stares at his healbot and never gets out of the fire. Never heals himself. Never moves during hodir. Doesnt budge during eye beams. Every fight he gets a SS and a BR lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, there is many.

My wife was a healer in a guild that had a fury warrior constantly calling for heals during Black Temple and Hyjal.. it was so bad that he literally would call wipe over vent if he died (he wasn't even the raid leader).. It happened one day on council that he died to a flamestrike + consecration about 10 seconds into the fight.. called a wipe.. was promptly told to shut up and they ended up killing the council without him.

Needless to say my wife, and all the other healers just simply stopped healing this guy.. he quickly figured it out and left the guild in a huff... not before trying to turn the entire guild on my wife and the other healers though because they "sucked" (mind you they were ranked like top 200 in the US at the time)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

We have 11 of them, want some?

Ragemachinee.....

15+ Year Old Account

Oh, hi there, that's me, yeah.

We don't have a bad "that guy". Just a funny one.

He's our warrior who basically dies on 70% of trash pulls. On bosses he's spot on, just seems to like to die a lot when it doesn't really matter.
    We teabag him for luck before just about every boss.

Yes, every raid has 'That Guy'.

An it is often a fury warrior, but I've seen other classes too (DKs and locks come to mind).

A couple!?!?!

In my guild we have 6-7 of them and this might be one of the reasons we still haven't killed Yogg yet.

They are easy to spot, every time they top damage meters they paste it in all chats available sometimes followed by a uhhh sorry misstell, but look how imba I am.

EDIT: I am talking about 25man otherwise it would be amazing that we managed to find ulduar.

in 25man`s, yes. But im more focused on 10man, where we have rusted protodrakes ect, but there still is one guy who never takes flasks, eaven after 10th kill, he still have no idea about tacs of the next boss, he never tops damage charts. But meh, we play as a friends only group, and yes, sometimes i would like to see more of a HC attitude than "dont care"

I've got one of those as well. He stands in death runes, he stands in overloads, stands in scorch, stands in thorim's lightning shit, if it's an aoe effect he stands in it and lets himself get hit.

Of course, he's a DK so he just pops AMS first and gets rewarded for doing it with free RP and very little damage taken. /grumble
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk
    if you think your guild/raid doesnt has "that guy"....pro-tip its you
    oh...

"that guy" is a ret paladin for us...in 10 and in 25 (different one, but both ret palas)

10+ Year Old Account

I do know one guy in a VOA 25 man raid we did. His name was littlewing and he had that talent (I forget what it is called) that lets carry 2, 2 handed weapons at the same time and he only did 1k dps...
    We still killed Emalon though
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account

We have one, a mage. Worst overall player I believe I've ever seen in a raid in my entire life, and I've been playing now for 4 years.

Solution? Don't heal him. Ever. I don't care how often he dies to retarded failure, and I don't care if it takes 10 seconds for retarded failure stuff to kill him. Don't heal him. If you can't learn how to not pull aggro, don't roll DPS. And if you can't learn not to play with half a brain, don't bother coming to a raid.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

My ele sham is it tbh but i always w8 10 seconds at a boss xD

Deleted

Yeah, we have "that guy". Actually, we have several "that guy"s in our 25man, unfortunately....
    In 10man we got a solid core of 10 good players, but in our 25man, where there are 15 other people... it's sucking worse and worse.
    There's no way in hell we'll get the 25man raid meta because of "those guys", dying in effects all the time, not doing nearly enough damage, making big mistakes in their equipment, rotation etc., on the other hand I think we got a realistic shot of getting the 10man meta+dragon, if we hurry up.
    By now I'm considering joining another 25man raid, unfortunately I'd have to leave my guild for pretty much all of them, so that probably won't happen...