Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladin come 3.2

I am prot,

and when I see all of this conjecture, and mocking about specs and changes there is no serious conversation.

So if the patch notes go live today, which I know they are not, will you change your designs/builds.

IMO most PvE Holy paladins will go 51/5/15,

but will you go away from stacking int and go for spell power?

IMO I would still say stack int with the exception of certain trinket procs.

IMO I would now stack all gear with SP, Crit, and Mp5.

In casting FoL with the personal haste buff from judging wont you be clipping your own GCD with tons of haste?

I would argue that if you beacon the MT, SS the MT, keep FoL hot on him, and then spot heal the raid with a FoL and HL. That would be good for most bosses that are not super hard hitting.

I mean with an increase to Mp5, if you favor SP, Crit, and Mp5 and drop off alota the former haste then can you not keep the sustained healing as previously?

Like given uld 25 gear going into 3.2 content, if your gear was almost all SP, Crit, and Mp5 then could you not keep spamming HL, then keep the rolling HoT going, continue to heal like before?

I mean with the change to Innervate just means that might be able to use it holy paladins on the fights where its lots of MT damage and not raid damage.

Re: Holy Paladin come 3.2

I am prot too,
    but got most of my gear through raiding naxx/ulduar as holy (which is now my second spec)

IMO most PvE Holy paladins will go 51/17/0 +3
    I already am 52/17/2 and it is much more fun, than 51/0/20 or 51/5/15.
    (Yea in ulduar25 i used to spamm HL on tanks with 53/0/18 - especially hardmodes.)
    But with 3.2 we will have to balance our HL-use with mp5, so stacking mp5 will help us more when chaincasting HL than crit.
    So these 8% crit won't save your manapool anymore and I personally love divine guardian.

yes, but personally I am changing my gear continuously

In casting FoL with the personal haste buff from judging wont you be clipping your own GCD with tons of haste?
    Only with bloodlust and you will still heal around 30% through holy light and these are the more important / panic heals, so haste stays your friend.
    I even prefer haste over crit: SP>int>mp5>haste>crit or something like this is my personal target at the moment. (without any theory-crafting)

from a pvp standpoint holy doesnt give anywhere near as much spell power and survivability as prot does.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Quote Originally Posted by kainron
    from a pvp standpoint holy doesnt give anywhere near as much spell power and survivability as prot does.
    Noone is talking about PVP, nor is this topic about PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

My main spec is holy, used the Egg of Mortal Essence for a good while and though my haste is low atm the +505 haste proc brought my FoL cast time down from (1.2) seconds to (1.0X) seconds. So unless you plan on using a "haste on proc" item, haste is a good thing (if it's "haste on use" you'll be pushing HLs anyway).

And since someone mentioned it, I'm in love with 19/52/0 healing... but for a 3v3 or 5v5, your target will be dead before you get that first slow as hell FoL off. As disappointing as it is, holy shock is probably required for those brackets.
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

Just a thought, depending on the mana return I was thinking of maybe speccing for the SoC and get Glyph of Seal of Command: (Redesigned to cause the Paladin to gain 8% of base mana each time the paladin judges Command). If the mana return is decent it might be worth it as you could still stack Crit and Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksey
    Just a thought, depending on the mana return I was thinking of maybe speccing for the SoC and get Glyph of Seal of Command: (Redesigned to cause the Paladin to gain 8% of base mana each time the paladin judges Command). If the mana return is decent it might be worth it as you could still stack Crit and Int.
    8% BASE mana is almost nothing if you have 30k + mana raid buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    I am prot,

and when I see all of this conjecture, and mocking about specs and changes there is no serious conversation.

So if the patch notes go live today, which I know they are not, will you change your designs/builds.

IMO most PvE Holy paladins will go 51/5/15,

IMO I would still say stack int with the exception of certain trinket procs.

I would argue that if you beacon the MT, SS the MT, keep FoL hot on him, and then spot heal the raid with a FoL and HL. That would be good for most bosses that are not super hard hitting.

I mean with an increase to Mp5, if you favor SP, Crit, and Mp5 and drop off alota the former haste then can you not keep the sustained healing as previously?

Like given uld 25 gear going into 3.2 content, if your gear was almost all SP, Crit, and Mp5 then could you not keep spamming HL, then keep the rolling HoT going, continue to heal like before?

I mean with the change to Innervate just means that might be able to use it holy paladins on the fights where its lots of MT damage and not raid damage.
    Divine Sacrifice is too good to go without it. 51/20/0 will be better for progression.

Int will still be better than spell power and critical. Haste might get more usefull, though, but I still think I will just stack int.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksey
    Judgement costs something like 5% of base mana, so you wouldn't be gaining much at all. You would most likely conserve more mana with Seal of Wisdom and the glyph for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Judgement costs something like 5% of base mana, so you wouldn't be gaining much at all. You would most likely conserve more mana with Seal of Wisdom and the glyph for it.
    One proc of seal of wisdom with greatness active = 2700 mana. 5 secs hiting the boss = 4k mana back + glyph of wisdom