Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

• I'm sick and Tired of Blizzard nerfing PVE aspects of the game just because people QQ about other specs going down the wrong tree to get other benefits in PVP.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
      Paladin (3.2 Skills List / 3.2 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
      Protection
      • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount).
      We no longer take reduced damage once already below 35% like it was before, we ONLY take reduced damage going from Above 35% health to below 35% health.

Thank you Blizzard for giving us a "passive cooldown" by also nerfing one of our great damage reduction talents.

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

I'm sick and Tired of people who have no clue what they are talking about posting on mmo.

lol. if you could stop your QQ for 2 seconds and either go to the PTR yourself or read about people who have done testing on the PTR, ardent defender has gotten a huge buff and currently still reduces dmg by 30% if you are under 35% health. i know this and i haven't even tanked since bc. haha.

ironically the majority of people are saying that paladins are going to be one of the top tanks post 3.2.

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    I'm sick and Tired of people who have no clue what they are talking about posting on mmo.

lol. if you could stop your QQ for 2 seconds and either go to the PTR yourself or read about people who have done testing on the PTR, ardent defender has gotten a huge buff and currently still reduces dmg by 30% if you are under 35% health. i know this and i haven't even tanked since bc. haha.

ironically the majority of people are saying that paladins are going to be one of the top tanks post 3.2.
    THIS.

OP's reading it wrong. Read the blue comment again. Then read the quote.

If you still don't get it, the blue is saying that at 50% hp, you take a hit that supposedly takes 40% of your hp. To proc AD, you need 15% of that hit, which is why it is normal dmg. After that, the remaining 25% gets a 35% reduction. It's not a nerf. It's a solution to the leapfrog situation.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population

l2read before u do ur ussual qq

yes thank you blizzard, any pally nerfs are a welcome sight

Quote Originally Posted by xbigcokex
    QQ moar Pally fanboy
    Go back to mage forums and whine about arcane being OMG NOT IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM USEFULL ANYMORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    THIS.

OP's reading it wrong. Read the blue comment again. Then read the quote.

If you still don't get it, the blue is saying that at 50% hp, you take a hit that supposedly takes 40% of your hp. To proc AD, you need 15% of that hit, which is why it is normal dmg. After that, the remaining 25% gets a 35% reduction. It's not a nerf. It's a solution to the leapfrog situation.
    no you read mine wrong. read the change tooltip on the talent from the talent calc and the blue post and Yes you get a reduction when you initially drop below 35% health but once already below 35% hp we no longer take the constant 30% reduced damage that we used to. it will only give us reduction once we get healed above 35% hp to get another (1) reduction when we drop below 35% again.

@ apokteino

is this since the new PTR build? i know it worked normally on PTR before this build but the whole redesign is from this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    no you read mine wrong. read the change tooltip on the talent from the talent calc and the blue post and Yes you get a reduction when you initially drop below 35% health but once already below 35% hp we no longer take the constant 30% reduced damage that we used to. it will only give us reduction once we get healed above 35% hp to get another (1) reduction when we drop below 35% again.

@ apokteino

is this since the new PTR build? i know it worked normally on PTR before this build but the whole redesign is from this build.
    Then say so in the first place. So what if it's once? Do you want to stay at 35% hp all the time just to have AD up?

I like this form of the AD. No need for more changes, because I see it proccing more often if my health is a roller coaster.

And it still heals 30% for the kill cd, according to the talent calc.

haha go roll a class that actually takes skill newb
    Arcane Barrage, jump, jump, Arcane Barrage must have been hard for you.

Uh, no. You're an idiot.

Ardent Defender permanently reduces ALL damage you take ANY time you're below 35% health, even if you had more than 35% health before the blow hit. It ALSO -- a word which means "in addition to" -- gives you a free heal every two minutes IF an attack would kill you (regardless of your health percentage).

God, I hate the American education system.
    User has been banned for excessive flaming.

@ apokteino

I don't really understand what you're trying to say ...
    The way it's explained in the blue post is quite clear though.

The talent does two things.
    All damage is reduced when you're below 35% hp (It used to reduce hits that would get you below 35% hp completely, but now only damage below the 35% hp mark gets reduced..)
    And once every two minutes an attack that would normally kill you won't and you'll keep an amount of hp based on your defence.

It got nerfed a little from the insane level it was at on the ptr, but still far better than the live version.

umm yes
    Funny on armory you play Mage Rogue Warrior and no frost spec. Your pvp spec is arcane. You sure you know what RMP is?

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    It used to reduce hits that would get you below 35% hp completely
    it never did that. it used to not reduce the part below 35% of your health. that's why it could be leapfrogged. and to be fair: one could be confused by the wording. still no reason to start a flame war.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

dude I played a pally on the PTR for the first time

all i had to do was face roll the keyboard an ppl thought i had been playing a paladin for years
    Anyone can push some buttons. But it requires skill to play your class right...w8 didnt just someone say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    it never did that. it used to not reduce the part below 35% of your health. that's why it could be leapfrogged. and to be fair: one could be confused by the wording. still no reason to start a flame war.
    I guess this stuff is true. I've never seen AD proc like almost rarely, judging from how often I see the message from TankTotals.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say ...
    The way it's explained in the blue post is quite clear though.

The talent does two things.
    All damage is reduced when you're below 35% hp (It used to reduce hits that would get you below 35% hp completely, but now only damage below the 35% hp mark gets reduced..)
    And once every two minutes an attack that would normally kill you won't and you'll keep an amount of hp based on your defence.

It got nerfed a little from the insane level it was at on the ptr, but still far better than the live version.
    Apparently YOU can't read the blue post.

you only get damage reduction on the 1 Hit that takes you from above 35% HP to below 35% hp. Any hit after that while you are still below 35% hp is not reduced. (the old pre-3.2 AD used to keep reducing damaging while still below 35% HP but did not have the Leap Frog protection we have now. Instead of Adding the Leap Frog protection to the current effect they just replace one for the other.)

here's the quote from the blue post with emphasis on that:
    This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health

im starting to wonder if you guys even KNOW about prot pallies or you're just saying Pallies QQ cus you're from Mage/Hunter and other forums.

Paladin (3.2 Skills List / 3.2 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Protection
    • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount).
    Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced.
    The clarification afterward ("This reduction...") exists to spell out the leapfrog protection that has been mentioned in this thread. It does not mean that the leapfrog protection annulled the existence of <35% damage reduction.

you just quoted it yourself and don't understand it....

Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced.
    Only the damage that "takes" the paladin past 35% HP is reduced. only passing that threshold is what gets reduced.

the ANY damage part is to signify both Melee and Spell and any World/Terrain damage.

at NO POINT in any of these blue posts does it say it reduces all damage WHILE below 35% HP like the old AD used to say.

So many angry scrubadins. It's bad enough they have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader, but to then blow it out of proportion and qq about it? Seriously, rtfs.

Besides, we all know AD was over the top, and imo, it still needs to be trimmed down a bit.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

haha go roll a class that actually takes skill newb
    Wait... from a mage?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wait...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

okay... okay... wait, it's stopping itself...