Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    I wouldn't mind that at all...I just want to make sure no one is stupid enough to suggest getting rid of all of our SP.
    I would not be against that tbf - it's a drop of ~120 TPS or so, we can easily manage without. I've done the maths, it's not a bad threat taent but not actually that much tbh.

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    your a fucktard,

Hmm.. Nothing I say will get through to you, I suppose. So I simply reported that post. Haha.

And I did say when we aren't tanking anything. Did you realise, you are having 0% avoidance while casting heals with XT-002's big adds hitting on you. Oh wait that is not going into your head.

And I hope your 2k crit saved some chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    Look, he does not say "only" he says _any_, there's a huge difference, you must be a chick since you manage to change one word in a sentence which changes the whole point of it.

ANY damage that takes you below 35% will be reduced aint equal to ONLY damage that takes you below 35%
    the "ANY" in the blue post was intended to specify that any SOURCES of damage would be affected by the damage reduction (physical, magic, terrain...) and not specifying that the reduction was happening at "any" time after the 35% mark.

the wording has been proven wrong and we can now all stop the insult fest.

All those who said "i've told you all along", is more like you've been assuming all along with no proof, and most of you were saying stuff unrelated to the actual point i was making.

once again, it's over and we can all be thankful that the skill is unchanged from it's original intention.

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    • I'm sick and Tired of Blizzard nerfing PVE aspects of the game just because people QQ about other specs going down the wrong tree to get other benefits in PVP.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
      Paladin (3.2 Skills List / 3.2 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
      Protection
      • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount).
      We no longer take reduced damage once already below 35% like it was before, we ONLY take reduced damage going from Above 35% health to below 35% health.

Thank you Blizzard for giving us a "passive cooldown" by also nerfing one of our great damage reduction talents.

Reading Comprehension at it's finest.

Even if they nerf it slightly youve never had it so how can this effect you? Its not like they gave it to you and then each patch they nerf it bit by bit so you know what your missing. Try being a DK tank and then you'll know how annoying it is when they nerf pve by nerfing pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by leandar
    Even if they nerf it slightly youve never had it so how can this effect you?
    what are you talking about we've had the same ardent defender since TBC. They've actually changed the threshold and amount of reduction in some patches in TBC, so yes I did know what i would be missing if they nerfed it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    I'm sick and Tired of people who have no clue what they are talking about posting on mmo.

lol. if you could stop your QQ for 2 seconds and either go to the PTR yourself or read about people who have done testing on the PTR, ardent defender has gotten a huge buff and currently still reduces dmg by 30% if you are under 35% health. i know this and i haven't even tanked since bc. haha.

ironically the majority of people are saying that paladins are going to be one of the top tanks post 3.2.
    L2Read thank you

This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health
    And you have Healers to keep you above 50% dont you? So dont whine.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Why dont yall little girls quit bitching about AD,

and look at this bullshit

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=74246.0

this is something to be upset about.

We no longer take reduced damage once already below 35% like it was before, we ONLY take reduced damage going from Above 35% health to below 35% health.
    Untrue. It behaves as it did before and now has added functionality that makes priests envious.

• I'm sick and Tired of Blizzard nerfing PVE aspects of the game just because people QQ about other specs going down the wrong tree to get other benefits in PVP.

Protection
      • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount).

Thank you Blizzard for giving us a "passive cooldown" by also nerfing one of our great damage reduction talents.
    I dont find it a nerf towards PvE, actually a boost. Bosses like XT would anyway 2 or 3-shot any tank without heals. Having a decently timed HL and a DR on kinda every 2nd hit is OP imo.
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

Protection

You're not using logic here. Let's break this down.

Protection
    • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced).
    Ok, it says "Any damage that takes a paladin below 35% health is reduced." So, you have to ask yourself what this means exactly, and the wording is pretty clear, so long as you logically think it through.

So, let's say you're at 50% health, and take a hit that would leave you at 15% health, so 20% of that blow will be reduced, because 15% is less than 35%.

50% - 45% = 15%
    15% < 35% = AD reduction

Now, let's say you're at 30% health, and take a hit that would leave you at -5% health. So, all of that blow will be at reduced damage because -5% is less than 35%.

30% - 35% = -5%
    -5% < 35% = AD reduction

It's reduced because it's already below 35%, and thus is still taking you below 35% health. Every hit that lands below 35% health takes you below 35% health due to the way that math, and programming, works.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    You're not using logic here. Let's break this down.

Protection
    • Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced).
    Ok, it says "Any damage that takes a paladin below 35% health is reduced." So, you have to ask yourself what this means exactly, and the wording is pretty clear, so long as you logically think it through.

So, let's say you're at 50% health, and take a hit that would leave you at 15% health, so 20% of that blow will be reduced, because 15% is less than 35%.

50% - 45% = 15%
    15% < 35% = AD reduction

Now, let's say you're at 30% health, and take a hit that would leave you at -5% health. So, all of that blow will be at reduced damage because -5% is less than 35%.

30% - 35% = -5%
    -5% < 35% = AD reduction

It's reduced because it's already below 35%, and thus is still taking you below 35% health. Every hit that lands below 35% health takes you below 35% health due to the way that math, and programming, works.
    Someone already answered this thread with a screenshot couple of pages ago. So there's no need to discuss this further.

And thread should be locked imo, it's full of flames.

15+ Year Old Account

i got a solution , close down arenas and bring ranking system and bgs back :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania
    i got a solution , close down arenas and bring ranking system and bgs back :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.