Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cold Weather Flying Changes in 3.2

Blizzard stated even before the release of Wrath of the Lich King that they wouldn't allow flying in Northrend till the higher levels, because they wanted people to experience everything, instead of just grabbing a quest, mount up, auto-fly while going on Youtube/Facebook/etc, get back on WoW, kill mob, mount up, fly back.

With this change, you are forced to level one character to 77 without being able to fly in Northrend, but after that you can make all of your level 68+ alts fly there, thereby saving an awful lot of time(I can't recall how many times my Warrior alt got mashed in New Hearthglen).

People who whine about this is the same who whine about boss nerfs, Mount- and the Emblem changes. Just because something becomes easier for others, doesn't mean you've been cheated for anything. You level 10 characters to 77 before you could fly? Congratulations then, you've got 10 80's before anyone will be able to fly there at level 68.

I, for one, will sit back and enjoy as my next alts fly away from those pesky Scarlets without anything they can do about it

I can certainly see why they did this and I see it as a plus, I have 3 80's and the addition of this would make it easier if I ever bothered to do a 4th. The fact that it's heirloom means that anyone starting out still gets to experience the content the way it's meant to be the first time. That was always the big thing about new content and why we couldn't fly till 77 they wanted us to really see the content and that wont change for first timers.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Now instead of getting a mage port to dal you can just have an 80 go and pick this up and mail it. That's it. You still have to pay the 1kg for it. This item really hasn't changed anything i don't get why people are saything is going to make leveling so much easier. Sure you get places a little bit faster but you still have to do the same amount of quests as before.

Will you get the tomd even if you bought the skill before the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Will you get the tomd even if you bought the skill before the patch?
    No you will not. It's not a tome that you can use on all your characters just buying it once.

if you have 2 chars 68+ then you need to buy 2 tomes. So still 2kg only your getting it 9 levels earlier. Just seems kind

of lame don't get all the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyyzen
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Now instead of getting a mage port to dal you can just have an 80 go and pick this up and mail it. That's it. You still have to pay the 1kg for it. This item really hasn't changed anything i don't get why people are saything is going to make leveling so much easier. Sure you get places a little bit faster but you still have to do the same amount of quests as before.
    Either I missunderstood your post, or you don't know what a Heirloom is. You can't just make a random level 80 go grab this, it has to be your own.... but I'm sure I just misunderstood you

Anyway, it -would- make leveling easier. Nothing is easier than flying. On the ground you have to watch out for mobs, run around obstacles or jump across them. None of this is present in the air(well, there's an occasional mob who can fly as well). Not to mention that you can actually buy a 280% flying mount for your alts(very unlikely for most, but still), which would make leveling soo much faster, and thereby easier.

Walking = Terribly slow way of leveling
    Running = A bit faster.... still a pain in large areas though.
    Slow and steady mount = Great for peaceful rides through the woods, also makes leveling faster.
    Fast and somewhat steady mount = Huge difference from the rest, makes leveling a lot faster.

Just slap the word 'flying' in front of the mounts if you're ever considering taking one of those. Alright, so it might not actually make it "easier". It won't let you kill mobs faster. You can't tramble them or drop a bearbomb on top of them for insane amounts of damage, but it makes leveling faster. If you spend 10 hours on something, then in a way you could say it was easier than spending 16 hours on it, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Inexistent
    Great something more for me to stop playing WoW now

OR a chance to level an alt that you hav'nt considered playing because of the time constraints...think of the posibilies.The developers at blizz are beginning to find out that alot of players already know azeroth inside out, and would like to get into end game content faster.Rather than struggle with the horrible grind 1-80 which some of us have seen probably one too many times, blizz is trying to give us the option to speed it up and get where we wanna be soonest.
    It;s a good option, far more needs to be done but it's a good start.(couple of 80's myself)

Just one more thing to spendt g in 3.2, but like it.

Seriously, if no-one likes it, don't acknowledge it and get the Winter Flying at lvl 77 with all the gold you've saved up from 68-77. But others, like myself, find this to be a pretty good little feature, enabling us to lvl our alts much quicker.

Job well done Blizz, been waiting for this since my second 80

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti
    Leveling in northrend was already too fast without all the heirlooms. Now it's just plain ridiculous. When you start a zone, you'll almost certainly be out of level range for quests before you finish the zone. It makes you quit the zone early and move on to next, even though usually the best quests are the last ones in the zone that wrap up everything

Now you can just fly so you don't even need to pay attention to little details the quests might have. Bad change imo.
    Fun fact, some of us have seen all the little details. Some of us have seen the little details many many times already. I don't give a crap about the little details anymore.

I have 11 70+ characters. My only complaint about this is that it won't be out nearly soon enough, and I will probably end up wasting the 1k on a few more chars before it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Fun fact, some of us have seen all the little details. Some of us have seen the little details many many times already. I don't give a crap about the little details anymore.

I have 11 70+ characters. My only complaint about this is that it won't be out nearly soon enough, and I will probably end up wasting the 1k on a few more chars before it's released.
    really? can you not wait?
    i like roflwaffles

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    You clearly haven't ever seen mmo-champion when patch notes get released...
    ~

Great something more for me to stop playing WoW now
    See?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoo
    really? can you not wait?
    To get northrend flying? Nope, not really.

Currently I am leveling my alts to 77, and then only level via argent dailies every day while I get my other alts up to 77.

There isn't much reason to wait. The 1k for flying isn't all THAT much, it's just annoying. If the tome really is one time use then I won't even be wasting money so I'll have even less reason to wait.

<whiny child voice> I want my heirloom chest and flying AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOW </child voice.>

Despite this: You dont have to buy it if you dont want it.

People -still- whine/complain like little schoolgirls...seriously amazing that some of you people can get past the days in real life without having a nervous breakdown.

This is optional so you idiots need to stop QQing. If you want to lv your alts the hard way you can, no one is stopping you; just dont get the heirloom items, dont get cold weather flying heriloom item and there. Have fun lvling.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Changes to traveling during leveling process are always good. QQ about WoW getting easier, but i don't anything easier in spending less time watching when my char is running through big map.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

this thread is full of tardness...

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Somebody will always be butthurt about anything. You just wait
    Alright, who has the giant QQ graphic? I haven't seen it yet!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

"Consumed when read" kinda defeats the purpose of Heirloom items.

Ehm i'm just wondering if none of u have seen that the item is lvl 68 required?
    So u dont need to have a lvl 77/80 to get this tome a lvl 68 wich just asks a mage to portal him to dalaran buy this tome with his gold can have a lvl 68 char with flying mount in northerend without having a 80.
    Cuz the tomb aint lvl 80 required to buy it even thats it heirloom but u dont need hc 80 badges or stonekeeper shard for it wich can most get at 80